Reviews for Late October Early November
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 17 . 2/21/2012
I love this ending, how you've left it open and decided not to go for the 100% happy ending that could have been really easy to do. This ending is more satisfying for the story in a way, that push and pull that was there throughout the story still continuing. I thought it was great. Can't wait to see what you have in store next.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 16 . 2/21/2012
There's a brilliant sadness to this chapter that I responded really well to (we both know how much I love sad things, haha). You could tell from the start that Karen and Will's conversation was doomed, and her confession at the end really hit it home. You really know how to pull at the heartstrings ;-)
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 15 . 2/21/2012
Ok, I FINALLY have a little time to catch up on this...this semester is kicking my ass.

I love the internal isolation you've put upon Karen here, even as she's talking to Grace. And the way she confessed to loving someone other than Stan against the backdrop of her secret abortion is an amazing mix; one of those rare times in these stories when a confession of love isn't necessarily a happy one. I love it.
GeeDee chapter 17 . 2/19/2012
What? No! That can't be the end of the story. ( I was totally picturing something different in my mind, but then again my mind is filled with imagination and fantasy. None the less another amazing story. You are fabulous. Can't wait for another WK story by you. )
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 14 . 1/31/2012
Once again, I absolutely love the contrast you've set up here. It's so rich to put a revelation like Will asking Karen to be the mother of his child up against a celebration like New Year's Eve. Not only does it make the current plot line more intriguing, it really drives everything home to have these introspective moments against a backdrop like this one. I thought it was great.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 13 . 1/21/2012
This was another great back and forth between Will and Karen. That inability to address anything serious regarding their affair speaks volumes to the dilemma the whole thing puts them in. And it really shines a light on the well-handled contrast between the fact that it has been a ten year affair, with the fact that so far it had merely been on a sexual level. It was greatly introspective, and I loved it.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 12 . 1/15/2012
Great move to focus on Karen's relationship with Stan in this chapter. The exchange between the two of them really highlighted the distance as well as all of the reasons Karen is having an affair with Will in the first place. It adds a lot of strength and depth to the story. I thought it was excellent.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 11 . 1/12/2012
I like how Will and Karen start to talk about their situation, and I think it's handled so well. There's a definite sense of awkwardness and uncertainty throughout their conversation, and you played it out so that it was entirely true to their characters. And of course Will's lack of knowledge on Karen's pregnancies adds a tension that's really effective.
GeeDee chapter 11 . 1/11/2012
Finally found some time to review. Sorry been so busy lately but I want you to know that I've still be reading every last one of your stories Anyway moving on...Wow, this story is getting so good. Your writing still amazes me. Can't wait to read what happens next. )
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 10 . 1/10/2012
I really loved the approach you took with this chapter, putting Karen with an outside player. It shines a light on things that we don't normally get to see, and this situation is really intriguing. You get the message out there that there's so much complicated history between Will and Karen while not delving too deep into it. The fact that she's had four abortions gives great insight, and it's a wonderful plot point.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 9 . 1/6/2012
I really like the dynamic that's going on here. The moment between Karen and Will had the right mixture of sweetness and passion, but it was really important, and added to the story, that you have that apprehension about Grace in there. It created a good amount of tension for the situation.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 8 . 1/2/2012
Well...that was fairly hot, haha.

I love how you set their tryst against the background of a serious incident. It really highlights the strong physical connection between them in a great way. And the fact that there has been no real talk between them about a connection on any other level, while at the same time doing couple things like rushing to a sick parent's side makes for an interesting stroy. I think it's a great contrast.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 7 . 1/1/2012
I really love how you mixed such an intense passion between the two with this solemnity of the scene at the marina. You handle really well the idea of mixing fantasies with reality, and the fact that this is more reality than the perfect ideal of a relationship makes the whole thing that much more poignant. I love the idea that the affair was supposed to be a good break from Karen's marriage, but still comes with complications, as they usually do.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 6 . 12/26/2011
This was a great quiet moment between the two of them. I like the idea of the ritual of gospel music in the park every year; it gives a familiarity and warmth to the situation. But then again, the silence and Karen's indecision brings a chill that really balances it out. I love it.
QueenOfQuiet17 chapter 5 . 12/26/2011
I really love how you established how their relationship works even after ten years. There's this very casual sense about it all, especially when Michael is being brought up, but then the mention of an anniversary celebration shows how awkward it can all be. It's a great contrast, and you handled it really well.