Reviews for Self Defense
LilNinjaWolf chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Such a touching story. Short and sweet, but very powerful.
Jenihenpen chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
I love this, so delicate and tender and poignant _
44TayLo chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Great story! It's obvious they would eventually kill. I mean, how could they not with all of the fighting they do? I've always wondered what the Turtles reactions would be when it finally happened. I think you captured Leo's reaction perfectly :)
D'Fuentes chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Rather simple and good! (_)
Rose Black Dragon chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
I always wondered how Leo bore that event that he couldn't prevent.

This kind of story only demonstrates that Leonardo is the owner of a kind and pure heart.

As leader and big brother he had to bear that awful feeling of taking a life, even though it wasn't an innocent person...

Being in charge, using your leadership qualities he should experience of killing...

Raphel is right... he did it in self defence.

Thank you so much for this cute story.

Rose o
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Wow. That was really awesome, Ami. I'm so glad you wrote this. I really like the way Raph and Leo talk about the kill and how it's technically self-defense. I really liked it a lot. Great job.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
TedP chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Just wondering, what's the significance of blowing the candle out at the end?
dondena chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Was it a Foot ninja or Purple Dragon that Leo killed? But yeah, taking a life is difficult. But Leo had to do it if he was going to save his own life. Of course he would have done it to save any of his bros too.

After all, there are only 4 of the turtles, and the humans are a dime a dozen. For if whichever if it was PD or Foot ninja, there would be another one recruited to take his place anyway.

I feel bad that Leo feels that way, but I agree with what Raph says. That saving his own life is not a mistake. Hope Leo goes on soon. Keep up the good work.
PsychodelicTurtle chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
"Master Splinter's got a candle he wants you to blow out" - - THE HARD WAY! Loved that!

It's never easy to take a life. It doesn't matter whether it was in self-defense, or not. It really does mark you. It's something you can never forget that you did. To know that you snuffed out the life of someone who once was actually someone. They felt sadness, happiness, pain and pleasure. Just like you. Did they have family? Was there someone waiting for them to come home? Will a family celebrate Christmas with one less loved one this year? How many hearts did you tear apart by this one act of "self-defense"? How many tears will be shed because you "reacted"? Did you deserve to live any more or less than the one who lost their life at you hand?

If you've never had something this terrible happen to you, even though it were only self-preservation, you really can't grasp the enormity of it, or how it really feels. Be glad that none of you can relate to this feeling. It's not one I would wish on anyone.

No. I won't discuss it. Suffice it to say, I'm still here. It's a level of "maturity" that I NEVER wished I had acheived. You do end up looking at life in a whole new manner. You, also, have a whole, brand new respect for just how fragile it is and how easily it can be snuffed out.