Reviews for Survival of the Fittest
M chapter 20 . 1/15
I think you did really well with developing Melania, having her back story of wanting to be loved and having a real reason for her revenge takeover of the world did wonders to round out her character. In addition, giving the gale gem weaknesses of limited use helped make it more realistic (ignoring the fact there are ghosts and magical objects - that is just part of the Danny phantom universe after all).
Krusher chapter 15 . 12/1/2016
I've actually gone backpacking in the high Uintas before. Lots of lakes to fish at up there.
Krusher chapter 11 . 12/1/2016
Way to take a fic and ruin it...
Krusher chapter 4 . 12/1/2016
Strain it with a shirt.
SneezySoul chapter 14 . 5/29/2016
xD yep this one got me

im laughing omg
Phantom Ice chapter 20 . 1/1/2015
His was a wonderful story. I absolutely love tales of Vlad and Danny learning to understand each other a bit better, but not the ones that make it too sudden or complete. This was wonderful because it was true to both their characters as well as basic human tendencies to contenue thinking in one way. I like how, at the end, Vlad decides to probably not use the gem on Danny, it really exemplifies his growth as being there, but not drastic, as does Danny not completely freaking out when he realizes Vlad has the gem (not that we saw, anyway). I also like how you handled Mel, she was by no circumstances a Mary-Sue ghost even though she was powerful, female, the daughter of Pariah Dark, and had a sad past. It is very hard to give an original character all these traits without having them come of as a complete joke. Mel was very real, powerful but not illogically so, with convincing motivation, simple looks, and a realistic amount of villainous cleverness.

As for your writing itself, it's very clear and easy to understand without being dull. Your descriptions of things are enough to give the reader a accurate picture in their minds, but not make things boring or unnecessarily complex. Your style also flows well and is a lot of fun to read. I kept telling myself "alright, this is the last chapter for now, I really have to go do (insert something important here), but then I would get to then end and I would just keep wanting to read just a little bit more. I ended up reading the whole story in just three sittings, only ever stopping when the parental units demanded that I "enjoy the fresh air" or something silly like that. ;-)

If I had to give one criticism, it would be how easily Danny got himself to trouble on the "camping trip". He literally broke his ankle 5 minutes in and stepped backwards into a river. I found it kind of odd, however considering the first one is kind of important to the plot and all, I do see the logic even if I think it was kind if soon.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed this story from start to finish, and will probably even read it again at some point. The writing was very good and the plot very diverting. Really I'm glad you wrote it. :-)

Good Luck!
Oro Rosa chapter 2 . 11/12/2014
Spectra, right?
greasergirl0003 chapter 20 . 10/11/2013
This was really really good. Your writing style is wonderful. Keep up the good work!
mihane100 chapter 20 . 9/18/2013
This was great! :D
I really enjoyed this! :)
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 20 . 7/8/2013
I loved it. Ha, the ending was funny. Very good.
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 15 . 7/8/2013
Very good. I liked it. Now time for me to go on to the next chapter.
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 14 . 7/8/2013
Ha, I liked that part. Good chapter.
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 13 . 7/8/2013
I know what happened. To be honest, the instant Jazz found Vlad's notes on the gale stone and I read the description of Melania, I knew it. Very very good though. I can't wait to see what happens next. On to the next chapter!
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 12 . 7/8/2013
Very good. I liked it.
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 11 . 7/8/2013
Good chapter. I liked it.