Reviews for Balls, Books and Bullets
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Ah, very nicely done. What a harrying episode and I really liked how you filled in the blanks on their relationship with Bobby over the years. Awesome scenes here, past and present.
Freya922 chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
As if the episode wasn't devastating enough... I'm officially wrecked...
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Awesome and emotional story, just loved the flashbacks with the boys remembering times with Bobby throughout their lives as they waited for news of their 'uncle'. You struck the perfect balance with his fic and it showed their relationship with him throughout the years brilliantly. John may have been their father by blood but Bobby was more their physical and emotional father.
Am still mad at Sera Gamble for killing him off!
kateanddin chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Good job, now not only I cried during the episode (and every single time I saw it) but also reading that fic.
It's a compliment ;)
Madebyme chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
What a beautiful and touching summary of Bobby! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how much Sam and Dean meant to him in the episode and it a pleasure seeing the flipside.

You did a lovely job of balancing the flashbacks from both boys. I really enjoyed seeing the expansion of the baseball scene and how Bobby was the one who encouraged Sam's thirst for knowledge and research. They were both a perfect fit with canon for me.

I also loved how you hinted that it was Bobby letting the boys 'just be kids' that caused the fight with John. I think that given the revelation about baseball that that was a realistic conclusion to make.

I also appreciated the scene in the panic room. It would seem that from the show, Bobby and Sam have a such more complicated relationship and I liked seeing Bobby comfort him and help him to understand Dean's head space.

You've done a wonderful job with the fic, it was perfectly in character and it fit easily with what we saw on screen, full of banter and heart. Thanks so much for writing and sharing. Take care, :)
apieceofcake chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Oh Bobby.. :-(

very nice, thank you!
detroiter stranded in tucson chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
...as always, I really enjoyed this story...I really hope Bobby does come back...this show has always been about family...I really don't know why the writers would take away the only family the boys have left...Again, thank you for your gift to all of us... your stories
zuimar chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Hi there, first of all best wishes for 2012!

Just one more week and we'll know more about Bobby's fate. This tag was great, I just loved the flashbacks! Especially the one in which Dean was brooding about how to get his family back. You write all characters so well! Thank you for sharing this story with your readers! Here's to more stories from you in 2012!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Thank you for this. A very nice filler while we wait. It's nice to see the brothers' memories of Bobby. A great man! Personally, I'm devastated, but only see one outcome. :(

Nicely done, my dear! :)
DeansSammy chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
oh yeah love be very hard until next happiest a holidays to you too.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I really enjoyed those little flashback moments. They are perfect, should be canon.
darksupernatural chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Thank you. This reads so much like your other stories. So much detail, angst and hard work. The perfect thing for me until we find out what happens to Bobby. Thanks for sharing. Loved the memories.
shenshen1977 chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Hello my dear,

I had to favorite this story before leaving a review :) Very well done, really felt very much in character and also in sync with the episode. As I said, very well done :)

Cheers, ShenShen
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
What a wonderful story!

I loved reading every memory that Dean and Sam had of Bobby and you did a great job with all their voices.

This was a perfect missing scene for the episode.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

I enjoyed reading it.
carocali chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! You remembered - you're so wonderful.

I've been teaching and finally got through my semeter so I wanted to do a bit of reading tonight. I'm always thrilled to see a new story from you, but to get a call out was special. Thank you!

I love how this whole piece unfolds. You are one of those authors that really does get both sides of the boys. The trips down memory lane are both heartbreaking and inspiring.

There are so many things that we don't know about their relationship with Bobby, but you pulled everything I'd want together in this fic. You had Bobby be Sam's influence of reading and getting interested in knowledge and in turn helped Dean try to understand John a bit more. Every story had its own scrumpiousness to it that I adored.

I hope they don't kill Bobby, but I think he's probably gone, which makes me sad. Please feel free to continue "Uncle Bobby" any time you'd like.

Thanks again, and have a wonderful holiday! You're the best!

:D