Reviews for HetaOni: Final Loop
Firehawk2400 chapter 13 . 11/7/2014
I was listening to Empty Chairs at Empty Tables while reading this and I started crying
Karano chapter 18 . 9/16/2014
Holy Shiva, I know I am probably very late and all but I want you to know that, after seeing stuff about this I on tumblr I got here and started reading and I...
I am destroyed from so many feels and from the sheer perfection of this fic. You know how some fandoms have a novel-long, godly written fanfic that everyone who read it worships because it's just so good you don't have a choice?
Hetalia has 3, yours, Auf Wiedersehen Sweetheart and Gutters.
Congratulations for being in the top 3 fanfic bosses.
final review chapter 17 . 9/14/2014
This is an amazing way to end up the meanest and most cruel fic I have ever had the pleasure of reading. It's meaner that Snakeskins, Recovery, or any other aph fic that tries to be emotionally ruining simply because this fic doesn't try to be mean, it just is. I love how they all come together, and each of them contributes their individual strengths, and even the whiney bitch Switzerland contributes in the end, giving away his name. I'd review on the actual last chapter, but I already did when I first finished the fic, so thanks for a great read and bye
reviewer chapter 16 . 9/14/2014
"Switzerland is a whiney bitch" and Norway being so possessive over the North Pole were great. I loved all of the interactions, and how quickly the news spread. Also, Italy is finally on his real final loop. That alone could make this chapter my favorite, but with everything else added in, it just took it to a whole new level of greatness.
more review chapter 15 . 9/14/2014
The politics of the nations in this chapter are simply amazing. In a lot of fanfiction, the nations are focused on as people, and their interactions are all lighthearted and lovey dovey. In this monster of a fic, there are real consequences, and their interactions are political chess moves. I love how they fit into the world of this fic so perfectly.
again chapter 14 . 9/8/2014
Again. I'm reading this fic again. And I love how terribly brilliantly it plays out, especially how Romano's memories and the big reveal that Italy isn't really dead slam the reader together, and confirm our worst fears, that Italy is in hell. And that Romano's going to get him out. Also, the cruelty of the mansion and the monster are highlighted here, because it's just Italy and just the monster, and just a cycle of death. It's terrible, so terrible, and so well done.
im back reviewin chapter 13 . 9/8/2014
Oh god. The thing happened where I read the gorey part and I felt a minuscule amount of sympathy phantom pain. I even knew if was coming. For once in this fic, I would rather not praise the vivid detail and go straight to accusing the author of making it too good. Even so, good chapter, with lovely interactions with Canada and China
wo bu zhi dao chapter 12 . 9/6/2014
You know China's crazy when hearing broken and bad Chinese makes him happier. I know I'm crazy when I'm rereading a fic that has scenes like the ending one, where the characters are emotionally broken, and is pretty much engineered to make the reader want to simultaneously hug the author for the amazing writing, but then sucker punch and keyboardsmash because all of that lovely, amazing writing is being used to make their favorite characters fall apart. But really, Romano going right from thinking about reliving all of his terrible memories and there being death and everything, and finishing with him being held in his brothers arms is just plain mean.
still reviewing chapter 11 . 9/6/2014
Great. Despite the fact that Italy is dead (at this point in the fic anyways), Romano's a wreck, and Vatican's a really terrible parent, the thing I can't get over is the fact that Vatican says Veh. I'm picturing a proud, strict, maybe even angryish man looking out on the world with a serious expression on his face, and letting out the most stern veh the world will ever hear. I think I'm becoming desensitized. That's how good this fic is, read it enough and it makes your emotions tougher.
run faster noooo chapter 10 . 9/6/2014
I'd say poor Switzerland, but really, nah. Jerk deserves it for future stuff, and since time in this fic is screwed up anyways, I'm just not going to feel bad. The way Russia was written, the way he couldn't run fast enough, and the fact that the second the countries started to ARGUE as soon as they escaped were all so perfect. Especially the arguing part, because blame it on panic, stress, fear or whatever, the arguing is what really kills Italy every time when you get down to it. And going back and reareading all of this after Recovery is mind opening.
9 not addicted chapter 9 . 9/6/2014
See, this chapter is a great example of why people are scared of this fic. Because all Romano wanted was to grieve the loss of his brother and pray he went to heaven in as much peace as possible when his mind had been broken by a traumatic experience. And then all of those memories assaulted him, and of course they were involving his brother, and yeah. If the aim of this chapter was to present went Romano went through while simultaneously showing the effect it was having on him, then you win Sunny. But honestly, this is a great fic, even if it is a bit emotionally contorting.
anon reviewer chapter 8 . 9/4/2014
I'll be perfectly honest and say that both the first time through this chapter confused me. In a good way, because the time loops are meant to be confusing, and the nations are still uncovering what exactly happened. But the way that the character interactions and actions play out is amazing, and the portrayal of them is dead on. England's inexcusable jerk-actions were a surprise last chapter, and his gentleman explanation in this chapter really made the tension seem even more real. I especially loved the what is France sorry for? part at the beginning, because it added levity right before striking with the news that international relations are falling apart. Very effective at getting the point across about the grim reality. Having read Recovery now, I can see how things really fall into place from this chapter outwards (if it did start even earlier I was still reading recovery when I reviewed those chapters).
another review chapter 7 . 9/3/2014
Yet another great chapter, even though its short, and while that might not be ideal, it works, because in my opinion it feels like a setup for the next chapter, with added commentary from a character who's thoughts were previously unknown- everyone else is sad, but China's cracked in a completely different direction, which was unexpected but really refreshing in a scary, not nice way. Plus the added in explanation of the significance of human names, which comes in to play more in later chapters and the sequel fic, was nice, just as general world building information.
reviewing it all chapter 6 . 9/2/2014
One rather great thing about Final Loop is that it focuses on basically all of the Nations at some point or the other, or at least mentions them in enough places for them to feel as if they have a real presence, even if it's in the background. I loved this chapter because it focused on the damaged relationships, and provided a general sense of how some of the Nations from the mansion are (or aren't) coping. The interactions just flow well in this fic, and the reactions and everything else somehow make everything work. (and yes Sunny, I am going to review every chapter of this scary, nightmarish fic, but no more tonight, because I need sleep)
no Sunny chapter 5 . 9/2/2014
This is the part of the fic where the author plays with relationships by putting the reader through the metaphorical paper shredder. Nothing bad about that, especially because it's written incredibly well for maximum feels impact, but from the beginning, where Italy seems so optimistic about a happy ending, to the chapter title (which sounds sweet and innocent, HA) it feels as if this chapter was designed for optimal impact, which in my opinion it delivered quite effectively.