Reviews for December 24th
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
You know, Crystal told me about this when you first posted it, but I was so swamped then, running around with holiday plans, and somehow I never did make it here until now. It's nice to have a little Christmas cheer at the beginning of March!

This is a lovely little story. Kolchak's cynical narrative and sarcastic comments are in top form. I got the giggles from his comment on Jack Daniels and then the "Uncle Jack" bit in the flashback, although that was sad too.

I love that Tony was able to see through the act. And that you seem to be establishing a bit of a timeline. ;) I love working with timelines; they provide so much room for character development.

You got in the perfect amount of friendship squee for these two. Tony's warning against talking about the current story is so him.
Dan Sickles chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Great story! Perfectly captures the idea of Kolchak at Christmas time. Personally, though, I would have just ended it with Tony's line, about not wanting to hear about the new story. That's actually funnier than Carl's comeback!
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Aww, I love the little snippets of what everyone's doing for their leave.

And, of course, Tony trying to invite Carl and Carl turning it down is classic them. Though, I have to ask, did you come up with "Margret," or is there somewhere in the Moonstone canon that says that's Tony's wife's name?

The look into just how lonely Carl's life is was very sobering-but then it gets better, as we realize that someone does care for him. Glad he realized it, too.

And LOL at the end line! Classic Carl!