Reviews for Never Had A Friend Like Me
JustaTurtleDuck chapter 34 . 3/19
I’ll be honest, when I first saw this was a FoP fanfic I wasn’t really expecting much. But WOW this is now one of my favorites! It’s so well written! Amanda is a really interesting character. She’s just so sweet and cute! I always really like seeing shy/withdrawn characters, especially when they’re well written! It can be hard to balance being shy and timid, while still having the plot advance, and you did great!
I love how you connected everything up with the pixies, anti-fairys, and Bob. Having an origin story/explanation for Bob was really cool!
The ending is so emotionalit was a nice touch to have Timmy and Amanda still be friends after all those years. Norms wish was really interesting! I thought at first he would just wish her to be young again, but I’m really really glad that he didn’t do that. Turning her into a genie and Timmy into a fairy was a really nice ending! Although I do feel bad that all of her family was coming to see her, but then they won’t except for a special few.
I really liked the “I dream of Jeannie” references XD I haven’t seen too much of the show, but imagining Norm watching it is funny
When I originally read this story, it wasn't completed. Years later I came back to find the ending. You deserve an award for this. I am in real tears. Thank you for writing this.
joshben4c chapter 6 . 3/5
I really like the way you write, excellent job!
joshben4c chapter 7 . 3/5
I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE WAY THEY PORTRAY SANJAY! It puts an absolutely horrible name on Indians and is quite probably racist! I am Indian myself. And take note I am on a rant and do not normally talk about myself like this but, I am very intelligent and personalble at the same time. I am also physically strong and love martial arts and nature. I am pretty friendly and pretty funny. I am very musically inclined and even write my own songs and make new music. I sing well and play piano, the mountain dulcimer, some guitar and can play the Cahone, and african drums. I am a poet and budding writer, as well as inventor and animal and nature lover. Wow I sound like I’m giving a self description for a dating website! Haha! Well the point is Indians in general are smart capable people sometimes with pride issues. We tend to value intelligence over physical strength, but are not nessesarily nonathletic. In fact many are athletic. Personality wise most can be a little reserved Though. Though some of the older generation and some of the younger are much more personable and open.
Bendariaku chapter 1 . 2/5
I ooip
EmeraldTyphoon47 chapter 34 . 1/26
Simply amazing. I've been slowly reading through this for quite some time and I enjoyed every bit of this story. The character development of Norm and Amanda was well done, methodical, and plausible along with all of their interactions with other characters. Making Bob the Boil such a major villain was completely unexpected but worked amazingly well as a twist.
Talonis Wolf chapter 34 . 1/22
I read this after making a bet with a friend that finding any good Fairy Odd Parents fanfic that could hit me in the feels outside a oneshot would be impossible.

Let's make it official: I have lost that bet. I've lost that badly, multiple times over even...

*Within this one, singular fic.*

Nicely done- you even managed to do so in a way which holds true to the show, which made what you've written even more astonishing to me.
Dogwonder chapter 34 . 11/4/2017
I would have liked for Amanda to marry Timmy, but oh well. Good ending.
TekoloKuautli chapter 1 . 11/1/2017
For some bizarre reason Amanda's perspective teared my heartstrings and had me sniffing embarrassingly. Nicely done! I think everyone has felt like Amanda at times. And love Norm's perspective a lot XD
Guest chapter 1 . 10/5/2017
Ah... the memories...
Vanessa Masters chapter 16 . 9/23/2017
I love Wanda;s suspicions, and mother instincts feeling the love and care on Amanda now, thou still suspicious. But she cares, as any decent godparents should :)

And the sensing of magic, very nice touch.
Vanessa Masters chapter 15 . 9/23/2017
Waxleplax, pointing out the obvious love and care Norm is showing and feeling for dear, sweet Amanda. :D
Vanessa Masters chapter 14 . 9/23/2017
It would've been great for Wanda to be the fairy godmother, but Norm making that dress negated the needs.

Still, either way, she would've been happy :D
FountainPenguin chapter 34 . 8/12/2017
"Only natural conclusion" is right.

And now... here we are. And there really isn't anything more to say about that. Everything here was pulled off beautifully, from Timmy becoming a fairy in what I think is a much preferable way to "Fairly Odd Summer"'s idea to Norm not daring to wish Amanda to be a freed genie just in case his wish didn't work. He only had the one, after all.

Oh, Norm. Selfish and selfless simultaneously. So unwilling to lose his dear friend. But... he did it. It would have been so hard for him to watch his little girl grow up, I think. But despite his fears that he stole her freedom away from her, he did respect her choice to live. To learn. To love. To age.

He did it. Because he cares about that weird little kid so much. She'll always be his weird little kid.

Oh, how much he's grown.
FountainPenguin chapter 33 . 8/12/2017
They deserved that.

An all-encompassing phrase. Elmer deserves to know the truth about Trixie and Sanjay's friendship. Norm and Amanda deserve their rest. H.P. and Anti-Cosmo deserve their due respect. The Fairy Council deserves a bit of scolding.

And we deserved a good ending like this one. Ties are wrapping up. And thus this wonderful story begins to close.