Reviews for 12: Rehabilitation
Guest chapter 8 . 2/23/2014
Hi there! I'm old enough to have watched Battle of the Planets when it was first on tv, but I just happened on BotP fanfic a couple weeks ago. I usually don't leave reviews here but I have had such a great time reading this particular series that I wanted to thank you for such a great job. I really love the arc you've woven here. Hierarchy, missions, technical specifis but, above all, how the characters grow and confront their personal demons... It's unusual to see such level of character development, in this fandom and on this site, and you really deserve praise for that. Seeing these caracteres grow, particularly Jason and Mark's individual journeys was an epic ride!

I dare hope you might still have some more stories in you. It's difficult to find well written stories with their gramar on the right place in this site, so thanks for that too. I'll keep an eye out.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/23/2013
I HAVE SEEN ROTTING BODIES THAT, JOINED TOGETHER, ARE A QUARTER LESS OFFENSIVE THAN YOU
Guest chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
ROSES ARE RED,
VIOLETS ARE BLUE,
I HAVE FIVE FINGERS,
THE MIDDLE ONE'S FOR YOU
no name chapter 8 . 6/22/2012
This story sucks shit.
IggyCopperfield chapter 8 . 3/15/2012
Let's play a game! Guess why I'm pissed!

half breed migdet twin went to swim in chunky diarrhea

B. I got hit while playing 52 pickup by the cards

C. My chief-in-editor turd wants to meet you

D. My flame burned out

If you guessed C the correct answer you have won exactly what it says.
torontokid2003 chapter 8 . 12/25/2011
Excellent work! How you have Mark start to regain the use of his legs is very plausible. And there were hints of the mission on the space station being not quite right. It makes me wonder if either Anderson set the thing up to test Mark and the new trainees, or if Spectra has a mole or two inside the ISO and are attempting to flush the Eagle out?
Tikatu chapter 8 . 12/22/2011
Leave it to Mark (and his pride) to snarl at Jason. And leave it to Tiny to get to the heart of the matter ... or should I say, matters.

A cat amongst the G-Force pigeons? (sorry, with the whole "bird" thing I just couldn't resist.) Mark may be right in not automatically casting Rick as the villain; the tenor of Rick's comments shows that there's something deeper going on here, and he's not the only source. Tiny would see him as the problem; he's loyal to the others but doesn't have that deep-seated loyalty to Rick. So he'd unthinkingly cast the problem that way. I think that the problem is actually Jason, who hasn't let Rick fully become part of the team (by leaving him with the ship all the time). Question is: can Mark get Jason to see this?

Excellent twist here, and I'm looking forward to more.
Tikatu chapter 7 . 12/21/2011
Oh, poor Mark! To realize how very, very much he wasn't over being part of G-Force. How desperate he is to not lose face! Not just before the Spectran forces, not just before the station personnel but before his former teammates.

As far as the "experienced member" he's definitely the one for the job - he just needs to get his legs back.

Great chapter, cath! Looking forward to the next.
Tikatu chapter 5 . 12/19/2011
This story continues to please! A new wrinkle appears and Mark has his "last command in birdstyle". Only, I doubt it will be his last.

I really like your OCs. Dylan with his cocky attitude (which Mark takes down a peg with drilling). Jenny, so small and, in many ways, fragile, but with the pluck to keep going. Solid Dmitri and calm, collected Paula (with her still bit of residual "Is this really happening to me" wonder). They're all nicely fleshed out, and I'm not really missing Jason, Princess, Tiny and Keyop.

Now to see if they can accomplish their objection without the Spectran goons figuring out that the Eagle is incapacitated. Looking forward to more.
Tikatu chapter 4 . 12/18/2011
I think what I like most about this story is the deliberate way you're going about it. Bringing in the bits and pieces of the process, of Mark's thoughts, and developing the characters of Team Two - along with the dynamics they have.

The big question is: will Mark become the Eagle again for Team Two? It seems to be an obvious solution but you don't always give us the obvious.

Looking forward to more!
MissRaspberryJam chapter 3 . 12/17/2011
I promise a better review soon when time allows but had to let you know I am loving this story! This Jenny has a lot of sympathy for that Jenny (Im complete and utter rubbish in any craft that leaves the ground!).
MissRaspberryJam chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Having spent the last few days reading all of your other BotP fanfic and wondering at the end of 11 where it was going and what was going to happen to Mark, I was thrilled to see a new story.

Looking forward to seeing where it goes - you have got me well and truly hooked!
Tikatu chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Yay! A new BotP story from you!

So interesting how Mark has to keep his secret identity from the new team member when he could be of so much use to Dylan. And his mention of the Kite, so natural, shows that he's mentally coming to terms with the limitations even if the emotional component isn't yet there.

Then you throw us, and Mark, a curveball. The way you wrote Mark just standing up was so natural that I was as shocked as he was when he fell.

Your science is great, as always, and I'm really looking forward to more updates on this one! Great work, Cath!