Reviews for The Advent
TutorGirlml chapter 8 . 1/18/2012
What a great ending! Sweet and a smidge spicy and leaves us wanting a little bit more. I loved the whole little naughty and nice exchange and Reid just letting Emily be right to make her happy. Great Christmas story and such a nice heartwarming finish! I'm so glad you shared this and that I finally got to read it :)
TutorGirlml chapter 7 . 1/18/2012
Oh, there's so much about this one to love! :) Henry's awake and seems to be okay, Morgan and Rossi are planning a grown-up party in the children's ward (Cracked me up!), and Reid is getting all embarrassed and adorable with Emily. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful addition to the story!

But of all the good parts, I think I liked this one best:

"Hey Jennifer," Will called out as she opened the door. "Look at your watch.

She gave him a look and checked her watch. It said ten minutes after midnight. It was Christmas.

"Merry Christmas cher," he said.

"Same goes," she said and left the room to find Reid."
TutorGirlml chapter 6 . 1/18/2012
I loved this chapter too...the part at the beginning where Rossi is talking to Henry about his own son was really touching. I can see why he would think about that now and why he would suddenly want to talk to Henry and see him open his eyes. The conversation between Reid and Emily was also great, and I liked that you had her take his hand and not let him brush her off. She won't let him be sad if she can do anything to change his mind, and he needs that. She's also noticing his headaches are back and not letting him brush it off. Hopefully, she'll take care of him and make him feel better once this is all over. Of course, as I'm sure you can guess, I loved the little bit of Morgan and Garcia here, but that's a given when I'm reading :)
TutorGirlml chapter 5 . 1/18/2012
Though all of this chapter was lovely as well (especially Hotch's thoughts at the hospital as he watched Spencer read to Henry) my favorite part was Will and JJ's scene at the end. I could just hear him calling her "cher" and trying to comfort her, even though he is just as unsure and upset. It was really great; wonderful update once again!
TutorGirlml chapter 4 . 1/18/2012
Another really well-done chapter. Each little section with the different characters was interesting and revealing: Emily and Rossi in the chapel, Reid and Garcia, Hotch with Jack, and Will and JJ with their son. Those lines at the end though, from Will's point of view, were the best, even if they were so sad...

"...Something broke inside of Will and tears he hadn't cried when all this happened poured out now as he sat down with his face in his hands.

"Will," Jennifer's voice cracked.

He couldn't look up at her because he'd failed her and now it might all be over. He flinched when she put an arm around him. "Shh… It's going to be okay."

He didn't see how it could be okay. His little family stood on the brink of some great, gaping chasm and he couldn't bring them back from the edge, no matter how hard he tried."
TutorGirlml chapter 3 . 1/18/2012
I thought this chapter was the best one yet. Lots of good tension, well-written Reid/Emily interplay, JJ apologizes and Reid forgives her, and they're all still waiting to hear about Henry. Nicely balanced. It was funny though, right from the chapter opening, I thought, you've shown us exactly how upset he is that he hasn't touched the coffee, and then Emily comes and comments on that very thing! :)

I think the opening lines were my favorite:

"An untouched cup of coffee sat in front of Reid, steam rising from its surface. He ignored it in favor of staring at the Christmas tree in the corner of the room just outside the hospital cafeteria. Someone had topped the tree with an angel in a long silken gown of ivory with lace around the neck. The dress had been embroidered with golden thread that matched the color of her hair. She had thin, transparent wings edged in gilt. Her eyes were uplifted as though she saw something that held her total attention. Her cheeks held a blush and her lips were rose petals. He thought she had the look of an antique rather than something just purchased off a shelf. Her dainty little hands held something he couldn't quite make out and she smiled just a little.

He blinked and Emily stood in front of him. He hadn't heard her approach his table. Her expression was more sympathetic, but it annoyed him rather than soothed.

"I thought I'd find you down here."

He flicked his eyes past her to the tree and the beautiful angel on top. He didn't want to talk to Emily or anyone else. If he ignored her maybe she would go away. She didn't go away, but she did take the chair opposite him."

In a way, it invites us to sort of look at Emily like an angel in Reid's eyes, which I really liked.
TutorGirlml chapter 2 . 1/18/2012
Poor Reid! What are you doing to him? :( I can't believe JJ would react like that towards him, especially after he is the one to get Henry out in time for him to still have a fighting chance. I'm not going to say much here, because I'm dying to go see what happens next. I do love that Emily followed him to the elevator took, and that she's worried about him and understands his reaction even though she tries to get him to stay. She and Morgan's exchange at the end seemed very 'in-character' as well.
TutorGirlml chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Oh my goodness! Henry and Jack can't get hurt or freeze or drown! It reminds me of the beginning of "It's a Wonderful Life" and how he saves his little brother when he goes into the frozen pond. I hope Reid gets to save the day inspite of himself. Poor guy. I do like how the rest of them are trying to include him, and how he's being a good sport for the sake of the two little ones. It's just nice to get to see the team having a bit of lighthearted fun after all the darkness they encounter.
Jamnut chapter 8 . 12/25/2011
Thanks for another awesome story! Really enjoyed it.
pipinheart chapter 8 . 12/25/2011
A very sweet piece. Henry adn Spencer have a connection its good that they can talk and share Henry's secret.

I think there is something between Emily and Spencer...
Evie McFarland chapter 8 . 12/24/2011
Awwww :) Cute ending. Glad Henry is OK. That ended well. Good story, Merry Christmas :D
SpemilyFan chapter 8 . 12/24/2011
What a wonderfully happy ending!
Wootar16 chapter 8 . 12/24/2011
Nice Ning. Very well done. Sad it's over. Keep up the great work. PPMS!
Ann Parker chapter 8 . 12/24/2011
Aww, I love warm fuzzies for Christmas! Very well done, as usual. I thought you depicted the emotions everyone would go through during something like this very well. Hope you have a good Christmas!
REIDFANATIC chapter 8 . 12/24/2011
Aw, that was so sweet between Reid and Henry. Henry's always got someone he can talk to.

No, clothes don't have the same appeal as toys to someone that age, do they? But people still insist on buying them. At least Henry was looking forward to playing with the toys and not just the boxes.

I'm glad Emily and Reid are going to dinner and he's going to show her...Jupiter. I'd want a hell of a lot more than Jupiter but it's a start.