Reviews for Down The Hall
casualcruelty chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
Oh my...how so very moving. I don't know how you managed it, but the amount of emotion you put into this story is amazing. I'm very surprised to say that I got to relate to everything Edward and Bella felt, although I had never been in the kind of circumstances they were dealt. I started feeling the urge to cry before I even was completely delved in the story. I also liked how you kept the incident that made them drift apart unknown throughout the story and didn't entirely reveal it until Edward was in the room. I can't imagine ever doing what Edward did, choosing between his wife and his child, and then after that, seemingly losing his wife too. I can only think of how much pain both of them were in, how much Edward blamed himself and how much pain Bella was holding back in those three years. Kudos to you for this little gem, but I only wish that you didn't leave the end hanging like that. I admit that it went with the whole air of the story, but I think some closure wouldn't have hurt. So any chance for that ending, regardless of whether it would be happy or not? Anyway, I'm getting a little too wordy, so I'll say that I loved this fic one more time. Loved it, thanks for posting!
Sailaranel chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
And I pray this is a set of circumstances I never have to wake up to. Making the decision or living with someon else making it. I like that you left this here as a o/s. there's some hope to it, but also some dread...
Great story-telling
ningep chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Gosh! I cried a river! You left it hanging on purpose, though! I would love a happy ending but it seems like you wanted your readers to end it the way they wanted it to. Any chance of making it through, add a chapter or two just to give it an ending accordingly? I would love to hear a baby's cry... if you know what i mean... :-)
CassandraLowery chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Wow. I'd love to see this story continue as it's rather up in the air here at the end. Even if it's just one more chapter, I'd love to see how things work out, or don't work out. You know, HEA or not...or eventually, getting together after a separation or something. Just a thought (or a few, LOL)...

Compelling story-I really admire the way you kept the main event shrouded through the story, revealing just a tidbit here and there until Edward entered Emma's room. Very powerfully written.

Okay, I need something light & fluffy after that!

Warmly,
Cassandra :)
mycrookedsmile chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
really moving. I hope they will make it.
GothicTemptress chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
This felt sad and real and just broke my heart! Thanks for writing such a moving story!

Becca
married2thcoach chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Oh My. This was gutwrenching. So sad, So real. You feel for each of them,Just heartbreaking to loose a child . You cant blame either one in this story. It is what they had to do to survive their pain. Are you thinking about another chapter? Would love to see if after they came together if its starts the healing or is the beginning of the end. Very emotional. Im amazed that you got all of that out of the picture. Amazing! Great writing.
FeathersEverywhere chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
This is just so sad. I wish you'd continue it. I really want to see them work through it. :(
Angeldolphin01 chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
I love it. I know that this is a one shot but if some time in the future you could add one chapter. But if not it stands very well on its own.
Kats Flower Girls chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Emma is such a beautiful name & it is so sad to loose a child, but even more heartbreaking this way, that Edward had to make the decision to choose one life over the other, that Bella never even got to hold her baby she had dreamed of & prepared for so diligently... I know you left it a question, but there is also hope at the end of the story too & I really like that :)
asiula chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
As I said in my review in the contest... I'd really like to read what happened next... They deserve something good in the end :)
karenec chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Oh, man. That Edward had to make that choice... gutwrenching! And I loved your ending, so very in keeping with the tone of the story. Thank you for sharing.
stormy315 chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
awesome! please continue and make them happy after counseling, dating and so on...
robertnkristen chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
It's a beautiful story...but, i feel like they need a closure. I know it's heartbreaking to lose a child and there's no happy ending for that but, i would like to see them at least happy and trying to move from this tragedy.
Jordie Easton chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
Wow..amazing job! This really got to me and I'm so emotional right now! I just love your writing and want to thank you for sharing. I hope they can make their way back to the way it was.