Reviews for Finally They Fall
So sad:(
amelia chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
thank you for the gift of this story. you are a lovely writer.
MiM99 chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
So sad I cannot believe it, but very beautifully written. It's angst in the rawest form, losing someone you love way to soon, and I'm just crying like crazy. I'm very sorry for your loss, but hope this story will help with the healing.
story a day chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
I'm in floods of tears, beautifully written and you can feel the emotion in every word. So sorry for you loss. Hope you found comfort in the memories x
Sher-Sher26 chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Wow, I'm still crying. Thank you for sharing your story. It's such an inspiration. My father died at 50, almost ten years ago. He told me he was going to the barber and that's the last thing he ever said to me. The thing is...we argued the entire week leading up to his heart attack, and had just started being civil to each other that morning. I regret that fight everyday of my life. Excellent story.
rtgirl chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
ugly cries...

jess, i am so sorry about the loss of your dad, especially so unexpectedly and so young. thank you for being brave enough to share this story.

it was beautiful and heartfelt and just so much! only for you would i go against my rule of reading anything the killed edward. how could i not read this? how?

ILY-with 3 fingers.

becks
kselzer chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
God, it reminds me of my grandparents. They died several years ago, 6 months apart. There are day were i just feel...like I'm so lost with out them and I know the birthdays kill my mom. My grandmother died a few days before my mothers birthday and my grandfather died a few days before my dads birthday. There are still songs I can't listen to without breaking down in tears, it actually caused me to miss part of cousins wedding b/c she played it as one of her songs.

Death can be so hard on a family, and I know for a while I lost my faith and it wasn't until I went to college, to a school that was steeped in faith, that I was able to start rebuilding my faith in God again.
ffictionreader01 chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This was so heartbreaking. I just cried.
MyBrown3y3s chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
I've read and love all your stories, but have never taken the time to review. I just had to review this one. This was such a difficult story to read because it brought back so many memories.

I'm blessed to still have both my parents, but its been 8 years since my uncle/godfather passed away. It came as a shock and is forever the worst day of my life. He had been battling health issues for years and in the end he died of a heart attack. I can still remember everything from that morning when my mother woke me up to tell me. He was resuscitated on the way to the hospital, but my uncle was gone by the time me and my family made it there. He was kept alive by the machines and medication until like in your story my aunt said it was enough...and he was really gone. There's so much his missed being gone, but I know he has to be happy and at peace watching over us.

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad and thank you for sharing your story.

(and sorry for this long review, but I just had to write this after reading your story)
Spinningmadly88 chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Two words: Holy Shit! Yeah, I lost count of how many tissues I just went through. What a heart breaking story and my heart completely broke when I read it was based on your life. What a profound piece of writing.
Valleegrl chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
I have put this off. I don't do well with angst.

This was a beautiful story. My heart was breaking for this family. Then to find out its based on your father. Hugs my sweet friend. Thank you for sharing.
amwine chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
You did an amazing job with this story. It took me several hours to read it all the way through, since I kept crying. It reminds me of my own Dad and Mom. Great job...thanks so much for sharing this with us!
allthingsHHH chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Very moving! i cried!
LMBB chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
This was so incredibly sad and then when I got to the end and saw that it was based on your own experience it made it even sadder. I am so sorry that you lost your Dad like that. My father passed away almost 2 years ago and it was neither sudden nor unexpected but not a day goes by that I don't think of him. I was fortunate enough to have him around for 45 years. I think the sudden, unexpected loss at such a young age has got to be incredibly hard. I need to go cry.
Katie1824 chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
I'm not sure how I made it through this because I couldn't stop crying. It reminds me of my own mother's and grandmother's loss. My mother's father was killed in a mining accident before I was born, and she was only 20 at the time. From what you have shared it sounds like my grandfather and your father were a lot alike.

I can relate to your children in that I will never know him personally. Talk to your children about him often. I love to hear stories about my grandfather and the great person that he was. My family and friends of his all tell me that I am so much like him. I do take comfort in knowing and that one day I will get to meet him.

I am sorry for your loss.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »