Reviews for A Place for Quiet Conversations
P'tfami chapter 1 . 2/17
I see what you mean by squinting for underlying themes.
I don't subscribe to the school of thought of Johnlock out of tradition and that their close friendship is all the more fascinating as the stories progress.
I love the John monologue as it reflected so many confessions used in a PC conscious world around people who are different. I especially applaud the bitterness surrounding the clinical detachment expected from people- it touched me.
Except for a few colloquialisms that felt out of place, the flow was smooth, the language descriptive and a nice atmosphere was created throughout.
Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
If it wasn't for the summary I wouldn't really know what happened. It might be just me but I thought that it was a little vague at the end. I did like how John described his story of Harry coming out though, it was completely in character and the way you described his emotions and thoughts was brilliant.
Ligeila chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
Zaf chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
This is heartbreakingly brilliant. Poor, poor Sherlock.

But I'm glad he has John.

I think the goal in most people's lives ought to be to be someone's John in some way, however small.

Thank you for sharing this, it's wonderful.
MusicMagician96 chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
As a person who literally personally relates to this topic, this fic made me legitemely tear up with happiness :')
Missekatten chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
This is really very good. Much as I think some of the conversation was a little bit out of character, especially for Sherlock (John, on the other hand, very much like himself in all aspects!) I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sweet, well written and very charming.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Aww...good story. :D
ValaEnVash chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
To use their words, that was magnificent, spectacular, amazing, fantastic, and any other wonderful, beautiful thing you can think of. I love love love it. It's gorgeous when someone can take the words from your heart, polish them up so pretty, then put them out there for you to find, just so you CAN find them and say, "Oh. Well, that's what I've been saying, feeling, doing all this time. Thank you."
I think I had a Moriarty-thanking-Sherlock-on-the-roof moment. Please don't be a psychotic mad person.
Thank you.
zealousfreak27 chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Very sweet and well done.
Chjajcjjslakncjska chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Oh my god! That was UNBELIEVABLE. Awesome awesome awesome. Totally in character the whole time. Loved it
Howlynn chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
This was just adorable - I loved the way it was all lead up and the event was just a non-event - Perfect.

Really fun and sweet - but with a serious undertone - great job!
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Wow, fantastic job. I love how you managed to make this fic both funny and touching/serious. And john's rambling thought process was perfect, I loved the way it was written. I can't wait to read the companion fic
IvoryWhiskers chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
This was beautifully heartfelt, wonderfully in character, fabulously written and very moving!

The build up to Sherlock telling John was brilliant, and you made the right choice not to include what ever he may have said - much more effective.

Absolutely loved this )
ds862 chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
Such a wonderful story! Well written, touching and very real. Nicely done!
Twilight's Aura chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Not quite sure what exactly it is that I'm thinking, but I found this very beautiful to read. Even with Sherlock's habit of changing topics this flowed very smoothly. This is definitely something I can pick up and read several more times.