Reviews for Dare
kezztip chapter 9 . 1/28/2012
I've loved these last 2 chapters, expanding on the effect Jesse's deception had on him personally. Also love the up-front Rachel in this chapter, unashamed of her sexuality or public opinion. A girl like that could rule that school! Well done as always!
Broadwayfreak5357 chapter 9 . 1/28/2012
Really? You had to just leave it at that? Of course you did :P I feel like I'm repeating myself lol :P No dark sex? :( hahaha pshhhh who needs plot lol :D yeah I heard the same interview! & i was like...no...LEAANDJONLEAANDJONLEAANDJON! way beeter chemistry! plus theyve been best friends for like 7 years...anywayyyyy :)

I loved this! Even without the dark sex...jeezzzz what is wrong with me these days! XD Well I love every chapter lol :D

Jesse's dream was interesting :) I liked how we got to see his side of the story & about his uncle's house etc :)

Hahahaha loved the whole interaction with Rachel & Santana lmao :) Mr Schue is still clueless as ever :P Why wasn't finn school i forget. did he get suspended or something? or just not show up? cant rememberrrr :P I loved Tina and Rachel's conversation :)

Hahahaha the effect that Jesse has on Rachel and visa versa is interesting. SOULMATES! jussayin :D

Awwww Santana & Tina stood next to her :) Whats with the walk of shame lol? that took guts :) I was slightly proud :D

Quinn needs to get over herself. and really, just go out with finn, so that Rachel and Jesse can be together. bc finn and quinn really are perfect for each other lol :P

The ending! really? I don't suppose we could find out soon? or I can have a hint? :D

Fantastic chapter as always! Can't wait for the next chaoter! really enjoying this story!

xx Sage
CanaceErinn chapter 8 . 1/22/2012
I'd just like to say that I'm a big fan, as well as a Phan, so the combination of Phantom and Glee is a lot of fun to read! You've done a great job of writing all of the characters - Rachel, Jesse, and Santana in particular. It's also good that this won't turn into a pregnancy story. I'm looking forward to future chapters (and hopefully Rachel chewing Finn out, or something for all the drama he caused? He's so clueless). :-)
lylyevans chapter 8 . 1/22/2012
I want to see more of Rachel making friends with the other girls
Broadwayfreak5357 chapter 8 . 1/22/2012
Thank you for having Rachel not get pregnant! that would have sucked! I mean, a stberry baby would hit the genetic lottery, but not right now thankyouverymuch :)

Hahaha ok taking your advice from you A/N the bottom lol :P Ignorance is bliss? lol :) thats why you clear out the history! my parents would spaz :P

Anywayyyy :) Love this :) Hahahaha I love the convo w Rachel's dads :) & how Hiram is automatically like heyyyyy Jesse. I mean, come on, they know Rachel too well to not know she's talking about Jesse :D

Awwwwww Jesse kept everything from their relationship :) :) :) Adorable :D :D :D

Can't wait for more :)

xx Sage
Phoenix South chapter 8 . 1/22/2012
Well I had to research I'm really curious how it will use the''thing''if I knew that Ryan Murphy would do that shit with Glee Rachel I would have twisted to lose her virginity in the power of Madonna I miss the epic romance . Cris you are amazing I really wonder Jesse doing all these things and it's so nice to imagine it happening I'm not just talking about sex but also the attitudes of all it takes to get Rachel back anxiously awaiting the next chapter
loveisalifetimeproject chapter 8 . 1/22/2012
Please Update. Can"t wait to see some Finn getting bashed by Rachel to his face and some pezberry friendship after their...bonding. LOVE this story.
auhaes23 chapter 8 . 1/22/2012
Great chapter ! I loved the reaction of Rachel's dads :)

I admit, I googled it ! We don't call it like that in French, but when Rachel asked to Jesse to show her how it worked I understand xD It makes me think to the show "Las Vegas", in an episode, there was a little scene about this "thing" !

Truly, I'm glad she won't be pregant :)Even if I love the story with baby. It won't be the same anymore if there was a lttle baby

Well, I can't wait to read the next chapter
The Fluff Queen chapter 8 . 1/22/2012
Oh, my God, Cris. You leave me absolutely speechless, always. I loved everything about this chapter, from how Hiram stepped in to question Rachel about what happened, to her conclusion of what Finn did (that brainless idiot).

But Hiram realizing just exactly what was going on - and his resigned reaction to it - has to take the cake. I'm into your idea of the writer's colony, because I doubt RM will write the Berry daddies as well as the Glee St. Berry fic writers do (plus, am I the only one who remembers from pilot that one of Rachel's dads is African-American?). I love how, if not supportive, Hiram's understanding of the situation. I'd like to see him talking to Jesse about how he knew, or guessed, all along that eventually Jesse would come back for his daughter, because his reaction is of someone who expected it to happen, even if he didn't like it. Plus, as his dad, certainly he knows Jesse's better for Rachel.

The scene in Jesse's uncle's house broke my heart. I'd like to see a glimpse of Jesse's life during that time, his thoughts, feelings and hopes. Jesse's a complex character, and it upsets me that he came back as a loser last season, and God knows what he'll come back for this season, concerning Ms. Berry!

(My personal hope is that he comes back to remind Rachel of who she was and how inevitable it is that she becomes a Broadway star - and marrying Finn right off high school isn't part of the deal. But, RM being the Finchel-squad leader, I'm almost 100% certain that won't come to pass. Unfortunately. And please don't get me started on that failure of an episode, that I haven't even seen, but my friend told me everything and... Stopping now).

Anyways! Awesome update. I love this fic so hard. Can I marry it?
michemistic chapter 8 . 1/22/2012
I just love how they’re all just wrapped around each other. Those limbs were meant to be encircled and entangled.

"How long has Jesse been back in town?" Whoa, damn daddies! Just up front and blunt. Straight up all business (and St. Berry pleasure) I see where Rachel’s intelligence and quick thinking comes from.

Yep! They didn’t use protection, if I didn’t love them both so much and them making love, I’d smack them both upside the back of their skulls and mutter the expenses of a (albeit horrendously beautiful, beyond talented) bundle of joy.

I’m sure the daddies are impressed what Jesse has done to be with Rachel…until they find out he has his own place to himself. Still pleasantly surprised they let Rachel stay, you’d think one dad would be over-protective of their daughter (only daughter and only child at that) as it is, but with TWO? Rachel would have a chastity belt and tracking chip somewhere inside that exquisite body.

Jeez, Jesse really finds anyway he can to spank Rachel. I wouldn’t put it past him to use any opportunity to spank her. Like if Jesse’s coughing and Rachel thumps his back to help him, he’d use that for spanking time. Well, he did admit he can’t control himself around her.

"No touching yourself while I'm gone."-whimpers and wobbles chin, “That’s not fair!” Quips back, “You say that so often, wonder what your basis of comparison is.”

Obviously he would bring her yummy desert and so relieved Plan B exists. We’ve seen Rachel panic and the girl doesn’t need an ulcer.

"You just think it makes you seem more adult."-Bwahaha! That’s the case for many teenagers. Let’s face it, one of the MANY reasons Jesse and Rachel LOVE theater is that they get to be “cultured.”

Oh come on, we all know that when Jesse catches Rachel pleasuring herself, he won’t even be thinking because he’ll be too busy jumping her.

EEEEEK! THEIR CARE BEAR! I’m sure the St. Care Berry will be happy to be with their mommy and daddy again. What? Don’t look at me like that, since they responsibly made sure they’re not having a baby until after they reached the NYC stage, this is the closest they have. So the thought of him throwing it away made me do a reaction straight off of Mean Girls, where the tiara was broken and Damien gasps out in terror and reaches his hand out in longing.

“Rachel took the hand he offered her”-GAH! Every affectionate moment is so perfect, so right. HOW do you even KNOW to write all this?

Rachel’s thoughts on meeting her future in-laws are understandable. People would assume that a gay bi-racial couple with a daughter from a surrogate is the out of the box family and think the St. James are your typical image of the American Dream Come True family (wealthy, three kids, etc.). Imagine the surprise that it’s more or less the reverse.

My heart is rupturing because it’s so touched that Jesse stayed in this bare, compact room because of his transfer for Rachel. And they say Jesse is a snob; he has high-end tastes, but no snob. We never saw him complain about McKinley as evidence.

"If you'd found them, you would have known it was me, and you probably wouldn't have come back."-That right there shows how that possibility of Rachel not coming back to him scares him due to the heartbreak. I imagine that he did think of that and his fear of it not going well. Of course, that was only a small percentage, Jesse is confident about him and Rachel and would only see it as a hurdle.

Such a good choice with the Care Bear, even when I couldn’t choose, you picked the most befitting of them all.

Hooray for monogamy and condoms and flavored lube and Rachel’s… present. *sly knowing grin*

Thank you for having Jesse’s transfer be about them, I still stand by my belief that it was and ever shall be his idea.

Oh the quandary of Jesse being alone and not being able to confide about what happened, especially to his love. Falling deeper, despite the secrets, hating that it’s going to end but it doesn’t stop the feelings. That his insecurity of Rachel not caring for him just makes it hurt more even though he knows it’s expected for him to end it anyways. That it was never supposed to be a real relationship to begin with, but didn’t stop it from happening. So the more he thinks of her, the more it hurts due to the predicament.

“He was giving her time to explore her feelings, and she could do the same for him.”-Heaven yes they respect each other, no pushing, no pressure.

What they’re doing in the Spartan (oh how I love your descriptions) room, is something we all know Jesse wanted to happen and bringing life into the space.

I was so tempted to Google it, but I have the sense that I can guess its purpose.

Please don’t make us dwell too long, things were just getting heated (ir more like re-heated).

I’ll be waiting in anticipation!
loveisalifetimeproject chapter 7 . 1/19/2012
Update!...Please Update!
xGLEEKYx chapter 7 . 1/15/2012
I just want you to know that I seriously love you. Your amazing! All of your stories are amaing! I love you! kay? Okay moving on. I love what you have going on here, I feel maybe you should have drug out the St. Berry a little longer maybe but you still made it amazing anyways. I'm excited for more! But you need more on you Spring Awakening Fic ASAP! :D
erinsgirl chapter 7 . 1/14/2012
Wow! I used to complain you didn't update enough and now I can't keep up.

First up lol at the fact that Rachel and Jesse are more concerned about her hand and Rachel disobeying orders rather than she punched Finn in the face. Rachel even said "it was just Finn".

The after-glow conversation was so sweet. Absoulotely adorable.

The whole sex itself was so hot and sweet and awesome.

I do have the slight complaint that it seems a little rushed given that Rachel is still unsure about her feelings regarding Jesse's return. However I loved the whole thing too much to care.

Chapters 6 and 7 are back to excellent!

Fantastic.
Giuliette chapter 7 . 1/10/2012
I AGREE! I love Taylor, but she isn't nearly the level of Lea, but we'll see what happens...

Please update ALL of ur fics (i.e. Kindheit Ende, and Inevitability) pleaseeee? I really live this story!

G.
northstar61 chapter 7 . 1/10/2012
I'm right there throwing that temper tantrum with you! I honestly cannot believe that RIB are going to have Rachel fail at her dreams in such spectacular fashion. Not only that, but they'll likely spin it in such a way as to insist this is all for the best, and she wouldn't really have been happy in NYC, away from... Yeah, I just can't even say it. Bye, bye, Broadway. Hello, hometown hell. As for the Taylor Swift casting, the less said, the better.

But enough complaining. On to reviewing the next chapter in this fantastic work of fiction! (A much more pleasant undertaking, I assure you.)

You truly have created in this version of Jesse a perfect amalgam of dark and light, rough and tender. Rachel *is* precious to him, and it came as no surprise that, when she finally accepted her feelings for him and gave into what they both wanted, he was no longer fierce, but rather gentle and loving. They are on the journey together, full partners in the giving and receiving of pleasure, sharing an intimacy that neither has known before.

I know I keep harping on the differences between Jesse and Finn (you know my bias, after all), but there's no way that the latter would have taken the time to learn what Rachel liked, or what felt good to her. He wouldn't show her how to move with him (okay, because he doesn't really know how to himself, but that's beside the point, LOL!) or praise her as Jesse did. Finn would be terrified of the kind of intimacy that comes naturally to Jesse when he's with Rachel.

"she liked the gentle way he showed her how to move with him, his hands moving and shaping her body like clay, his voice softly encouraging, with hints derived from dance classes so they made complete sense to her" - This seriously gave me chills. It's so right. So perfect. So *them*.

Yes, she would experience some insecurity after their lovemaking. She's never allowed herself to be so vulnerable with anyone before, and his physical presence grounds her and makes her feel incredibly safe. No wonder she didn't want to let him go.

Hmm, what is it about these two and joint baths? You've written it more than once, I've done it, too, and I'm fairly sure we're not the only ones. There's something very intimate and romantic about them bathing together, IMO, and this was no exception.

"The minute he released her, she wanted him back." - She'll never really want to be without him again, although that does pose a bit of a problem in terms of going about her daily routine. :)

"knowing he was there for her however she needed him" - There it is, one of the major draws of their relationship. Finn will ever only be there for here if it suits his purposes. Jesse will be there for her in every way, and will be more than willing to give her whatever she needs.

They can't seem to quit with the oral fixation. Even after he's told her not to bite, she's still doing it, although with an ill-disguised ulterior motive this time. There's something about them marking each other that's completely hot. And, of course, once he's started kissing her again, neither one of them is going to want to stop. I love her description and reaction to the simple feel of his mouth on hers.

"It's over," he said firmly. "You're mine, and I don't share." - Still loving possessive!Jesse. Rachel's right. It's exhilarating. :)

I can't imagine that Jesse really wants to talk about Finn at all, but it's unavoidable. He's entirely right that Finn is now Rachel's boyfriend in name only, and that's not going to last long. As you know, I've thought that Rachel's sudden decision to join the celibacy club had more to do with not wanting to have sex with Finn, rather than not wanting to have sex at all, and I'm tickled that you've had her admit that here. (It's my head canon, and I'm sticking to it!)

"Knowing it was your first time—how you surrendered to me, letting me give you what you needed—" He licked his lips. "I don't think it gets any better than that." - Yet another example of the perfection that is Jesse. He always knows exactly what to say.

Gotta wonder what Rachel will come up with from her research...

Yep, I laughed out loud at Jesse's self-restraint comment. I'm not entirely sure either of them is capable of that around the other, but it'll be fun to see them try.

If they're keeping score, Rachel did come twice the day before, and Jesse not at all, so it would seem she owes him. ;)

Despite the intimacy they'd just shared, there was still unfinished business between them, and I'm relieved that they got it out into the open. She *can* be honest with him, as he can be with her. It's part of what makes them strong as a couple.

"She could never talk to Finn like this—talking made him nervous. He never asked for her opinions on things, and when she tried to ask for his he often grew flustered, unable to give her a well thought out or meaningful answer." - Please, please, continue to point out Finn's flaws like this. It just makes my day!

"It took that loss to really comprehend everything you'd become to me, even in so short a time." - Powerful words that go to the heart of what they meant to each other, almost from the beginning. They both fell hard and fast, and thankfully, he realized what he'd given up and he had the will to do whatever was necessary to get her back.

I like the idea that Rachel could more easily forgive herself for her actions with the video, knowing that Jesse might have left anyway. In that scenario, she shoulders less of the blame. On the other hand, if she hadn't made it and they'd been blissfully happy and he'd still left, I almost think that would have been harder for her to get over.

Remaking the video as part of her transformation has me intrigued. Like Rachel, I'm not entirely sure when anyone else might get to see it, but it almost doesn't matter. The joy comes in watching these two collaborate together, exchanging ideas, respecting each other even when they disagree, and generally demonstrating that they're a formidable team in every sense of the word.

Jesse's statement is an interesting one. A lot would hinge on the definition of risk. Like Rachel, I think I might have to mull it over for a while to see if I agree.

Their banter at the end was captivating, and you write it so very well. I was completely caught up in their teasing, and then the mood was broken by a call from her dads. I know drama is a necessity, but there's a part of me that's hoping they're just checking up to see if she's okay, having heard from the school that she left early. I'm enjoying Jesse and Rachel in the bubble of his condo far too much to want it to end...

This continues to be riveting and, as always, I'm eagerly anticipating the next installment.
284 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »