Reviews for Dare
erinsgirl chapter 2 . 12/28/2011
Great chapter. Loved Rachel deciding to try to get one-over only to be one step behind. The little clues were a nice touch. I presume while you're using the musical as a metaphor the ending is going to be different?

I'm amused Rachel didn't figure out what landscaping meant. She's not naive. I have to admit I never heard the term before so wasn't a 100% sure what it meant but I knew it was risque. I can't blame her for being furious.

Again you got the characters thoughts, actions and motivations right. I don't like Finn's comment about Rachel not being worth the money paid though I do think it's in character (as is Rachel's uncertainty about him being willing to fight for her). I also think he's a right to be upset about the fact someone else bought his girlfriend.

I like the way Rachel's torn between doing the right thing and her curiousity and rebeliousness. Although how she'll feel once she finds out Finn's being lying will be interesting.

Really liking this so far.
erinsgirl chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Nice chapter. It's obvious who the mystery bidder is but still I love the way you do it.

Rachel's reasonings for not wanting to be auctioned and then going along with it made sense to her character. Loved that Noah knew how to goad her into it. He can be pretty good at convincing people to break the rules. I also love how Rachel is determined to do the auction her way.

Liked Chris being scared of Rachel. She can terrify most people when she's angry and his amusement at the way she reacts perfectly to Jesse's guesses are fantastic.

Loved it!
bluesnowflake chapter 3 . 12/28/2011
I loved the chapter! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG can't wait for the next one, you are amazing!
kezztip chapter 3 . 12/28/2011
Brilliant chapter. You have Jesse at just the right amount of dark. You described the sexual tension that has always existed between them perfectly, especially the part where Rachel has always felt slightly cowed by Jesse - so true and adds to the erotic vibe of the story.
michemistic chapter 3 . 12/28/2011
I was smiling like I saw my own *future* newborn baby! As well as putting my hand against my mouth like a grandma that was told scandalous gossip, all I needed was the pearl-clutching!

This dark!Jesse goes along the lines of The Great and Iconic Freddie Mercury, “Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?” All I know is that I’m so grateful that my imagination of Jesse like THIS doesn’t hold a candle to your writing. This is so GOOD, too GOOD! *moans like she took her first bite of $2200 dessert*

“Jesse and Santana were in cahoots”-Well to be fair, they both are in love with women who are sweet, innocent, and softer than they are. It’s a bad boy and girl going after their good girls, and they’re not above wily schemes and plans to go after them. St. Berry and Brittana actually have some TRUE opposites attract going for them, WHILE the two couples have so much in common at the same time-it works. Jess and San are much more closed off, while Rach and Britt wear their hearts on their sleeves. Like what Santana said about Brittany when confronting Rory, "She's beautiful. She's innocent. She's everything that's good in this miserable stinking world."-I immediately pictured Jesse saying that about Rachel because it fits them too.

She punched him THREE times? I’m against using violence and the double standard that girls can hit but boys can’t (not that I think boys should hit girls ever, unless it’s pure self-defense *coughs*...and excluding when I’m pissed at my brother) but there are exceptions. It was kinda refreshing to see that spark back in Rachel. And as Jesse pointed out, all that pent-up energy IS passionate, it may be angry passion, but at least she actually FEELS something powerful.

…W-what? I don’t know what I find more dumbfounding, that Jesse hinted that he would hit back, or that he spanked her. Spanking is the least offensively harming form of striking back (even though it still stings like a mother-lover). ESPECIALLY when couples do it, there’s a sexual tone, which is more or less Jesse’s intent.

“I hate to use touch as a threat, but you think you don't want it right now. I hope soon to show you differently."…What am I supposed to say to that? Jeez Jesse, I knew you head onward and whatnot but THIS? I’m too flabbergasted to say anything.

Holy crap! As if her punching him wasn’t enough she bit him, “Jesse made a noise almost like a grunt”-why am I getting the feeling he sorta…liked it? You can’t blame me for my thoughts already turning dirty, YOU made Rachel pressed up against him with her bottom half covered in nothing but a mini-skirt after all! It IS canon that she’s a biter…

His hand was inching upward and ‘the revelation of commando landscaping’ (which sounds like a strategic attack) be exposed like THIS, so sudden and nerve-wracking. It was almost chilling and I ate it up. I found the fighting hot due to the sexually charged nature, but most of it is due to the power of St. Berry and your writing. Yes, I find the thick, sexual tension fighting sexy. I *wonder* why angry sex is so popular…

…My everything broke. It was passionate, strong, full of lust AND sweet, romantic and loving. Jesse’s infamous words of “inevitable” and “for you.”-just take me now sweet, merciful Cris! That he even comforted her speaks volumes. These two don’t have a problem with physical desire and intimacy.

She admits she likes her mark on him. Good, Jesse’s feeling of marking her is mutual. I’m gonna wound you and be your bruise indeed.

“Do you have any idea how badly I wanted to find a dark corner backstage and fuck you senseless?"-Please Mr. St. James, elaborate in full detail on your dirty talk/thoughts *pulls out chaise lounge* you and Miss Berry/future Mrs. St. James can use that lounge I just pointed to if you need any demonstration. *Sits in Psychiatrist chair and pulls out notepad and pen*

"Vocal lessons?"-Oh you, all that insisted, annoying rambling of my thing for forbidden teachers has paid off!

“I actually had two cronies in the audience last night."-Aaaw how disappointing, so those two initial bidders were just paid and/or doing Jesse a favor? Not because they wanted Rachel themselves? Rachel doesn’t have admirers at her school? Such a shame, oh well Jesse’s plan made that change. Of course, we have Rachel’s spiced up look too. I’m hoping she keeps it because it makes her look even hotter AND builds her confidence, but most of all she did it for herself. Like Santana and Jesse said, feeling sexy and in control should be about yourself, but there's nothing wrong with your partner enjoying it either. "Softer than silk...so sexy" well if Rachel maintains herself every two days, by my calculations her underwear usage will be at an all time minimal. The times she DOES wear them? I'd like to see mentor!Santana come to fruition with trips to Victoria's Secret, besides Rachel will more than like the title of being a "protege" just as San likes the title of "mentor"(does that make Santana Madame Giry?)-a mentor and protege in sexiness no less.

“Nobody bothered you while we were dating—they didn't dare.”-Exactly, no one messed with Rachel when Jesse’s around (except Quinn getting away scot-free for the Glist, “I didn’t mean to hurt anyone” my ass, not only putting Rachel on the BOTTOM but a NEGATIVE value? Liar. Not to mention the rest of the original 5 weren’t even included). As I said, I initially thought Rachel dating a jock would keep the bullies away from her, that Finn doesn’t even defend her makes it all the worse-the awkward oaf. Even when Jesse isn’t even in the school, he protects her. A shame we didn't get to see Jesse defending her when he was at McKinley, otherwise he would of gone all badass balls on the walls.

“Make no mistake—I will push you, but that doesn't mean I don't respect you."-They challenge each other to go past limitations and become stronger. Not tearing each other down disrespectfully. That’s one of the many reasons they work is because they treat each other as equals.

Throughout all of this Jesse is more concerned about Rachel’s hand than his own wound. Yes, I’m touched that he’s more concerned about her, but still, you need to clean that ASAP! Rachel may be cleaner than a slumbering baby angel, but you still need to take care of that!

He’s holding her hand while going down on her! There can be hot sex AND sweetness, why choose one when there can be both? He’s servicing her as much as he’s joining her.

I was confused and thrown off when he pulled away. “You get back down in your hole and finished what you started!” Then his possessive dominance made it all clear. I approve wholeheartedly.

The domestic moments are a nice prelude to their NYC future, yes?

After-school hours can’t come any faster. The moment Rachel’s away from Jesse, she might crumble and the guilt is already weighing her down. This is a secret that she can’t tell anyone about. Her teammates still view him as the enemy and she’s not going to her dads because they’ll press charges for statutory rape…and that’s AFTER they lock and load their AK-47s.

Rachel’s Phantom helps her as much as he disrupts, wonder what he’s doing while Rachel’s in school. Maybe he’s composing his own personal Don Juan Triumphant…so it’s like a fanfic within a fanfic? *cue Inception soundtrack*

I can’t wait to see the next jaw-dropping chapter in The New Year! Have fun beautiful!
AutumnLady95 chapter 3 . 12/27/2011
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! This story is absolutely great and Jesse sounds so hot!
nepheliad chapter 3 . 12/27/2011
Amazing, amazing!
silver starlight serpant chapter 3 . 12/27/2011
this is really good so far ) Isn't Jesse supposed to be at UCLA? This Jesse is to smart and conniving to have just dropped out.
Broadwayfreak5357 chapter 3 . 12/27/2011
...no. words. I'm sitting here literally speechless. and I kind of hate you because I'm basically never speechless... :)

wow. holy shit...like wow. seriously, I have no words dammit! I'm usually much more eloquent :P

This was...amazing. Like...I'm going to PM you later when I stop freaking out, but...wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D :D :D

xx Sage

ps. Dark!Jesse...me gusta :) I almost cried during this chapter bc it was so...perfect. :)
AliDee chapter 3 . 12/27/2011
OhMyGoddd. I have never read a fanfiction were itwas jus EPIC. I honestly want you to finish this story. I have never like Finn and Rachel together but this is the first St. Berry story that not only do I like, but has me on edge waiting for the next chapter. Don't be surprised if you pass the 100 reviews mark with this sizzlin hot story. Props to you!
desolee chapter 3 . 12/27/2011
Having the Phantom OBCR on while listening to this resulted in the most OMGWEFWF experience ever. I freaking love dark!jesse
auhaes23 chapter 3 . 12/26/2011
Woo, it was ... so strange and not excepted ! I really didn't imagine a chapter like that ! Indeed, that's dark ! It was a great chapter, the words were strong, hard, violent, powerful(?), well very good ! I don't know where you go to find ideas like that but that was ... special and incredible ! Really, this chapter confused me ! I had already imagined a Jesse like this one but never imagined to read him like that ! Well, I don't know what I can say except that this chapter was AMAZING and very well write !
MsTyp0 chapter 3 . 12/26/2011
Ummmm Yeah. Wow. That was beyond hot.
Elle Loves Glee chapter 3 . 12/26/2011
Good God! Hun if this gets any hotter i will be an Elle shaped puddle of goo when it is complete!
majestic seahorse chapter 3 . 12/26/2011
Thank You for this chapter! I loved it. :) Of course, it could be because I am a hard-core St. Berry shipper/believer... (I don't like Finnchel, no matter how hard I try to learn to like it.)
293 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 .. Last Next »