Reviews for Preferred by Predators
Rasa.Ra chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Amazing writing.. Heartbreaking and devastating, but so real.. Even vampires seemed too real..
Objective chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
A terrible, terrible story that nevertheless ends up being near-truth in more cases than anyone acknowledges.

What can anyone do? And that question leads to another sad, sad story that ends the EXACT SAME WAY.
Twiggalina chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
What a surprising ending this oneshot has.

A very good read!
Nannyjojo chapter 1 . 12/16/2011

I couldn't stop reading.

Emotional. Made me feel cold.

Such a sad topic, but so real for some.

I think it is great that you can possibly help people through writing.

karenec chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
What an amazing twist, wow! Bella's story was so sad just leading up to the shocking transformation and then you pulled out the big guns.

I'd love to see this story go on and see how Bella fares as a Volturi, whether she ever meets the Cullens, etc.

Thank you for sharing, Solar, and congratulations on taking third place as Judge's Choice. Very, very well deserved!
Bedelia chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
I was thrilled to see that you got one of the judges' choice awards - you definitely deserve it.

This story stuck with me for a long time after I read it. The subject matter is so difficult - so heartbreaking. This line, in particular, haunted me for days: "You never told anyone, and that makes you feel worse, because you wonder how many others it's happened to, all because you failed to save them."

And the parallels that she ends up drawing between herself as a vampire and her abuser - I don't even know how to describe my reaction to that. It broke my heart, like so many of the other entries in the contest, but it also made my stomach drop, made my insides feel all twisted from the sheer horror of it all.

This was so well-written - gritty and real and more frightening than most horror stories I've read. Excellent job.
Ellie Aluinn chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Riveting and so very true.
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 12/15/2011