Reviews for Wandering Star
Same Lines 597 chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Wow! It was tough to get through this one. But your beautiful writing got me through it! Is there a chance of continuing this story?

ps. I can't believe I am just now reading your stories! Why have I not seen any of it before?
FluffyLiz chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Terrifically well-structured short-story, full of emotion and characters who stood out from the page. You captured the angst and sadness of a dysfunctional and ultimately unworkable relationship without laying it on with a trowel. Very moving and desperately poignant. Well done.
mauigirl60 chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
I reviewed this on Archive of Our Own...I was looking for stories that were taken down off this site. My gosh, is this a beautiful piece of writing. You are so very talented. You more than met your goal, you know these two will never love anybody else, even though they end up with others. Good job! xox
MyBrown3y3s chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Sooo...I'm really late in reading this.

Gah! Karen! OMG! That was so depressing. Even though I knew it was for the Season of Our Discontent Contest I kept hoping it would end with a HEA.

Even though its sad, its so beautifully written. I can just FEEL everything they felt. And the end, where she sees him fiddling with the ring *sob*

Edward and Bella should always end up together! (well, when its not a slash story)
Supernova Carinae chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
This is a good one!
Frakking Toasters chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Too sad! My heart broke for Edward but I'm so glad he left Bella in the end even if it really was heartbreaking.
GothicTemptress chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
"Though he struggled to understand her decision, Edward accepted it, even when it was painful for him to do so."

She frustrates me and yet I feel for her despite that frustration. I really feel terribly for Edward because he is a decent man. He tries to accept for her sake as well as his own. just so sad and yet feels real. I love it. ;)

Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
This is a terribly sad story. I feel for Bella and Edward. Bella unable to move past what she feels she owes to Peter and in so harming herself and Edward.
jenz tea chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
I loved this story and voted for it. I hope you turn it into more, I would love to read it :)
Transitory07 chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Damn girl! You're so talented! Even as sad as it is, your story captivated me.
Bedelia chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
This was so beautifully written. As much as I wanted to smack Bella upside the head and tell her to get her act together and go with the *nice* guy, you managed to make me feel sorry for her by the end of the story. And poor Edward...gah, my heart. I'm glad he found the strength to get out of that unhealthy situation, even though he does still think of her and miss her.

Thank you for sharing this! You did an excellent job. :)
Alby Mangroves chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Hello, well done on this story! I loved reading it in the contest, as frustrated as I was with Bella, the way you wrote this made it believable and real.

I really, really liked this entry.

"My initial thought as I finish reading this is; you've left it wide open for a continuation!

Although Bella's behavior is frustrating in the extreme, the way you wrote it makes it plausible and I found myself sympathizing with her self-destructive thought process.

I wanted to slap her and tell her to wake up before it kills her, while in the next moment I wanted to hug her and tell her everything will be alright.

You did a great job showing her as being stuck in a loop with the parasite that uses her and everyone around him, and it's great that we never get to meet him because his presence is menacing and negative enough without actual interaction in the story.

It was also well done the way you wrote the whole thing from within B and E's relationship, and didn't allow any other factors to take us out of the intensity of the situation.

I liked this a lot, and I'll be keeping an eye on you after the contest, to see who you are, and if you plan to continue this! On one hand, I want to see Bella self-destruct in a huge angsty flurry, and on the other hand, I want her to come to her senses and release herself from the shackles of addiction and obligation to the user she's tied to.

I would read either."
femme-mal chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
I loved this fic, hurts so good, voted for it. Made me all sniffle-y. ;-)