Reviews for A Christmas Suite
Baku babe chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
So sweet, it really got to me. I love happy endings *blows nose*
Arkell26 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
kim's 1 fan chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
A very nice story Cap'n, I really enjoyed it.

But I missed your Caroling with The Captain this year. did you run out of songs to massacre? (hahahahahaha)

Anyway, a very nice story my friend, filled with warmth and much Christmas joy.

God bless,

Mahler Avatar chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
Captain, a really touching wistful story that hit all the right notes for me. And a wonderful take on Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker, with Kim as Clara and Ron as the Nutcracker: a perfect blending of a classic Christmas tale and our favorite teen heroes. Bravo!

HubbleHugger2011 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Another good entry to whitem's contest, and a really good story in it's own right. Good touch with Nana's recollections of her "Ron". Also a good mix of Kim and her "device" into the dream battle as well. And a great "seg-way" from her "dream" to her "real dream" coming true.

A quick right-hand salute from one of the new kids on the block, captain; well done, sir, indeed. Best of luck with the contest, and may you and yours have a very good 2012.

Gomro Morskopp chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Nice little transplant of the Nutcracker story into Kimmie's universe. It caused me to cue up, not Tchaikovsky, but Emerson Lake and Palmer's version of Kim Fowley's version of a melody from Tchaikovsky. Somehow that seemed more apropos to the tale. Good luck with the contest!
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Sorry to only be leaving this review now. My system has been doing strange things lately. Swallowing review attempts seems to be one of them.

Anyway, I loved your retelling of a classic. Especially since some of the versions I have watched this year seemed... less than right somehow. Yours sticks closely enough to the original telling while still putting it very much into the KP universe. Not always easy with some stories.

Rather convenient that rodents are key to the Nutcracker tale. Nice to see them on the good side for a change. Fading the red to pink makes it work. (Thank you, young James Timothy Possible!)

Good to see you writing for the season. I know you must be busy as all get out.
Nutzkie chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Man! If Jim and Tim aren't careful, Kim might just wind up staging a production of "The HEADcracker Suite." (Ouch! Right in the sugar plum fairies!)

An interesting adaptation of E. T. Hoffmann's classic holiday tale. Using the monkey as a stand-in for the three-headed mouse king was a nice twist, and I swear could almost hear Tchaikovski playing in the background during the battle scene. Although I do find myself wondering how the nutcracker happened to find field artillery just laying around the Possible home like that. But then again, knowing that family, perhaps I really shouldn't be surprised at all. (We should all probably be grateful he didn't find the Tweebs' H-bomb project in the basement!)

Overall assesment: A short and sweet holiday tale with a classic premise and a wonderful ending. Good job, once again!

Oh, and merry Christmas too!

Soraya chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Please write more its amazing
Reader101w chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Aw, what a cute story.

Poor KIm for having to wait all through Christmas Eve, but I think Christmas morning fully made up for that.

Jim and Tim can really be insensitive some times, but… boys…

Keep up the very good writing that you do,

Uzziel chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Retired from fan fiction, eh...? I knew you couldn't resist! :D

Nice plot-bunny, though.

noncynic chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
You should know better then to sit on a good story idea too long, they do build up the guilt. Very nice holiday story.
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Fantastic story, especially for the Holidays.

The emotions but not over played, well done sir, well done.

I know you've mentioned of cutting back on the writing and I hope things have gotten better. Even the one shots are a treat.

Thanks for coming up with this, hope to see you drop a chapter here once and a while.

Finally, here to hoping a great holiday season for you and for a better New Year.

loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Exllcent fic here
Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Capt you still got it. Kim is a little tweeked at her BFBF for not being there and not knowing why.

I'm sure she wants to try to make it better herself, not quite understanding there is a point that Ron has to try and stand on his own two feet.

The reason for him traveling was kept quiet probably so as to not get Kim's hopes up knowing if he failed those very same hopes would be crushed for the forseeable future.

The dream is partly a manifestation of those fears of Kim and wanting her Ron next to her.

It all turns out alright in the end though. And a Merry Christmas to be had by all.

Good job,