Reviews for I Was Broken
SanguineTaurean chapter 1 . 8/13
A story hasn't made me cry in a very long time, so this one more than made up for it. It is beautifully written.
Lillywhite1 chapter 1 . 7/17
Thanks for writing this story!
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
I can't handle angst . . . I'm entirely too sensitive . . . thank you for the mildly happy ending to this. I lost my father to lung cancer when he was forty-six, I was only twenty, my brother sixteen. I proceeded to lose my BFF's mother to brain cancer about seven years later. Lost my MIL to the exact cancer that took my father three years after that. Then lost my husbands grandpa to lung cancer about five years ago. My FIL remarried after the loss of his wife and we just lost that MIL this past April of breast cancer. Yes, two wives, both lost to cancer. Cancer is a horrific disease that has touched billions of people in one form or another. You've done it justice here in this little story. Sad though it may have been.
Christy
Mistydeb chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Aww, that was so sad. You were right to give a tissue warning, but it was a lovely read. Debbie
Snappher chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
Shit, sobbing! Snot and tears everywhere! :(. Waaaaaa..,so beautiful
kittiekatz34 chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
that was a beautiful story. sometimes u can find love with a little divine intervention :)
Rita01tx chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Very sad, brave story. So happy there was an HEA for it!
momma2fan chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
That was so sad and sweet. Thanks for writing.
sfspeedy chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Beautifully written. You have honored your friend. Thank you for sharing this.
cahtx chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
I cried like a baby but I enjoyed your touching story. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
Amazone3 chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Thats good diffrent!
mommymac0508 chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
I loved it so heart breaking and sad but hopeful and sweet at the end thank you
EdwardsVampireGrl chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Well I ended up being a sobbing mess this morning thanks to you! ;) I managed to hold it together until the girls were saying there goodbyes and I totally just lost it. Absolutely broke down. I’m really really glad you gave us the happy times at the end. My heart still aches for them but at least they were all able to find some happiness, especially with someone who had grown so close to Alice in the end. Excellent story, beautifully written. Thanks for sharing it!
katinki chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
very well done, billi! i really enjoyed reading this. okay, enjoyed might not be the right word, considering the subject matter, but you understand.

you know, this touches on one of the most bittersweet / touching / painful topics i can imagine between two people: when you're dying, trying to express to your other half the notion of moving on. it's selfless and an act of true love - to want your spouse and family to find happiness and love again once you're gone. being on the receiving end of such a request has to be heart breaking.

thanks for writing.

-k
Viola Cornuta chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
bless your wicked mind and soft heart-xoxo