Reviews for From Me To You
Sayiri the Fox chapter 2 . 9/19/2013
Echt geil! Ich hab den ersten Sonic Film zwar nie ganz gesehen (mein schlechtes Englisch) aber ich weiß das Knuckles diesen coolen Hut trug. Ne super Idee:) Auch das mit dem schwebe Stein war brilliant.

Super story
Sayiri the Fox chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
Ach ja echt gut. Die kleinen Neckereien zwischen Sonic und Knuckles sind sehr authentisch dargestellt
Polska-1999 chapter 2 . 9/2/2012
Finally, the original gang have a moment of peace... unless you count all of the goof-offs. Great job with the Christmas special!
Child at Heart Forever chapter 2 . 7/8/2012
D'aw, those presents were all perfect! Especially Sonic's to Knuckles and vice versa! Although I always liked the thought of Sonic having some music to listen to while running. :)

I'm sure this was a perfect addition to last year's holiday season, but feh- Christmas in July, everybody! We'll hit Holoska if we need to. ;)

Merry belated Christmas! (And thanks for this awesome story!)

Child
Child at Heart Forever chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
In classic Child at Heart Forever fashion, let's read a Christmas story several months late. XD

But ooh, this is so adorable! Sonic playing with toys, watching the train go around, and seeing him in the candy store was fun, we rarely get to see him when he's not in the midst of an adventure or a run...not that those aren't fun to see too, but Sonic making faces in a window is priceless. :D

The scene with Sonic wrapping the presents was ace as well. Sonic sitting in a pile of wrapping paper scraps with awkwardly wrapped presents...put that on a Christmas card! XD

"Tails gave first me and then him an odd look. "Fine. Stay stupid.""- laughed WAY too long at this, only because I wasn't expecting it and it was way too fitting!

...and as soon as I finally stopped, Knuckles caught sight of a potted fir tree, and I started laughing at the memories. XD

Anyway, I think this is defintely a believable scenario for Sonic finding Christmas presents, and now I'm off to part two to see how this wraps up!
Pisces chapter 2 . 4/28/2012
Gah, the fluff! So... cute... I just adore your fluffy friendship pieces; they always make me smile. My favorite part about this was Knuckles getting the hat. I miss that thing.
LadyNewbie chapter 2 . 4/14/2012
This was a fun read! I liked the reference you made to "The Night of the Potted Fir Tree" when Knuckles smiled as he looked at the tree; and I could just picture his careful motions as he put his gift under the couch, and the weird looks Sonic and Tails gave him. xD
Hawki chapter 2 . 1/11/2012
-Cookies...the cause of life's problems if done incorrectly, the solution to them if cooked well.

(In other words, good opening.)

-Like Tails's player idea. Can pretty much imagine it. The Master Emerald detector however, seems to be stretching it. It's a good tool, but it strikes me as a tool that comes across as less of a gift and more of a tool that should be avaliable as soon as possible. Not that there's an immediate need for it, but still...

-The OVA hat was a nice reference, and the floating rock piece was touching in context.

-Overall, I do feel that this chapter was a bit heavy on dialogue. First person has its advantages, namely the ability to easily get inside a character's head, but I feel that could have been taken advantage of more here. Still, it worked well overall. Sometimes too whimsical again, but as mentioned before, that's more down due to taste.
Hawki chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
-Certain day that comes so suddenly...going to guess it's Christmas Eve, in light of last minute shopping. Because Christmas Day sure as hell takes its sweet time getting here. XD

-The intro caught me a bit offguard, but it worked well IMO, how the reader (or me, at least) is fooled into thinking this COULD be reality, but gets a sharp jolt to let us know that it isn't. I also think first person actually works well here. I'd personally be wary of writing first person POV for Sonic (admittedly, it's a writing style I rarely use) but I think you pulled off his character with it here.

-Like the setting of Spagonia here, as with Sonic reflecting on the personalities of Tails and Knuckles. And the only two people he fully trusts...well, guess that makes sense. Mighty and Ray have been missing since the 90s, Amy is dangerous, Shadow is iffy, Vector's no longer part of his band...yeah, I'm being a nerd here.

-Mint candy...think that's a reference/item from 'Sonic Chronicles?'

-Overall, this was well written. “Overall,” is the key word however, and I’m going to be a grinch and bring up the few issues I had at the end of this review. Firstly, at times, it did feel a bit like telling rather than showing. Most of the fic can be boiled down from Sonic going to point a, to point b, to point c, etc., in the quest for Christmas presents. Secondly, at times, it did get a bit too whimsical at times, especially for Sonic and Knuckles. Granted, that’s kind of the point, and that’s entirely down to taste, but this is me speaking my mind regardless.

At this point however, I’ll take my grinch to see the true meaning of Christmas and point out that “at times” is another key phrase in the above feedback. At TIMES, it felt whimsical. At TIMES, it felt like a road-trip of sorts. The thing is however, and why I feel the fic (or first chapter so far) stands out, is because of how little this actually comes across. What’s mentioned above is the occasions where I feel the story slips. What makes it still a good story however, is that it could have slipped a lot more but didn’t. Most of the time, it was balanced. Most of the time, I liked the portrayal of characters.

This may come across as moderated praise, but my point is that it’s more, because I was quite impressed as to how with this subject matter, it didn’t slip more.

So yes. Very good first chapter.
dhjakldj chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
This is awesome! Ha I'm glad knuckles finally got his hat back. This is so cute.
sarilleny chapter 2 . 12/21/2011
What an adorable Christmas story! I would like to commend you on your use of the term "tailicoptered." I got a real chuckle out of that. Also though Knuckles' gift to Sonic and Tails was incredibly creative! A Floating Stone fron the Floating Island. Great Idea! Sonic's reaction to it was cute too! All around very cute, funny, and a great holiday read!

Froehes Weinachten!
Falconess chapter 2 . 12/20/2011
Short and sweet! This is the perfect length for a fun Christmas story. I love that it's from Sonic's point of view - you did a great job with his thoughts - especially when he was talking with Tails in chapter one. I like how you characterized Knuckles in here too. This is one of the best Sonic Christmas stories that I've read in a long time and it brought a grin to my face. Thanks for sharing! 3
DanceDream chapter 2 . 12/20/2011
- Aw, I love it! So heartwarming; I was smiling the whole time! Its simplicity is it's strength; no Eggman attacks, no huge Christmas party with half the characters there, no complicated romance. Just Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles being the almost-brothers that they are. A simple gift exchange. The cookies burning. XD It's something we, the readers, can relate to very well, and it hits home in just the right spot. All three characters are characterized very well, and Sonic's present for Knuckles? Absolutely epic. XD Sonic's first-person POV worked out really well. I so want a rock from Angel Island...! XD

Like I said, I love this! Keep up the awesome work, and Merry Christmas! )
Awdures chapter 2 . 12/20/2011
Adorable!
BamfIsAwesome chapter 2 . 12/20/2011
CAN'T EVEN AAAAHHHHH

Too fluffily heartwarming I CAN'T TAKE IT!

yjfgt. This is my lack of words. It was so Oh Knuckles you adorable thing and OH ALL THE PRESENTS AND THEIR MEANINGS AND THE FEEEEEELINGS.

Your Shorted-Out Neighbourhood Bamf