Reviews for Lux ex Tenebris - Discontinued Version
Guest chapter 3 . 3/25/2015
AWESOME!
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 3 . 3/10/2015
Hybrids are not canon in TES. Race is decided by mother's. Or so I've read.
Guest chapter 10 . 8/14/2014
I stumbled on to this story. I have read all the preceding chapters. It rocks. Neat character concepts.
delax chapter 4 . 12/15/2013
This is great, I love your characters and I'm glad to see something done with the Falmer.

And since I'm a terrible person, I can't wait to see his reaction to the path to the Graybeards.
Hee hee hee 7,000 steps up a mountain.
Princess Unikitty chapter 14 . 11/10/2013
looks great so far.
empty-walls chapter 14 . 10/22/2013
Iv read both versions of this story and found the different things and realized how much better you got and took a step to make it more real this story is extremly differnt from almost all other storys by just adding a falmer but also the cripple that was torturd by the falmer better then him already missing parts but you could do a lot with the new story like do a bit of the college of winterhold quest and other things so good luke with it
birgittesilverbow chapter 14 . 6/11/2013
Please don't abandon this fic! Just discovered it today and I'm fascinated- would love to see where this is going!
fairychild chapter 14 . 5/14/2013
wow...just wow...amazing story...

hm...i wonder which faction they'd end up in...if they even get sucked into that quest line, that is...unless they get to morthal or find a way to hide leto's vampirsm...

Also...i wonder what calcemo's reaction would be if he ever met leto...considering their areas of research maybe avernus is acquainted with him?
BillBobJoe chapter 2 . 4/26/2013
It has been a while since an update...will there be another?
Antrxx chapter 14 . 2/28/2013
Holy macaroni how long has this chapter been out? It is blasphemous that didn't read it the second it came out. Forgive me great Lord Valerianus

Yet again you fail to disappoint. Lovely detail about eating the skeever raw, makes you see how different she was even before she became a vampire. Using Avernus as a napkin was a bit creepy though, not a bad thing just ... strange.

Quite surprised that the slap from his mother didn't break anything. Seems like a justified reaction considering the circumstances though. And then comes the drop about their relationship Hilarious.

And so the quest of the Dawnguard begins. Very immersing and very enjoyable to read. Please tell me that there's another chapter just around the bend.

As for the speed that your making this story I reckon is at a nice pace. Often enough that you remember what happened in the last chapter but not so often that it becomes a bore to read (absence makes the heart grow fonder).

Your ever loyal fan
Antrxx
superstikman chapter 14 . 1/13/2013
Discovered your story today and i've spent a pleasant few hours reading it on a lazy Sundas afternoon :D I'm really enamoured of the concept, and you're telling it in a nice, touching way with good pace. You're also avoiding falling into the trap of simply novel-ising the existing game plot, and simply tying your own story in along with some of the major plot points. It's always nice to recognise pieces of the game while at the same time feeling as though you're learning new things.

Your grammar and structure is very good, and i've spotted vanishingly few typos, so good effort on the proof reading there.

Leto becoming a vampire is an excellent twist, and is lending a good atmosphere of nervous anticipation - i can't help feeling the Stormcloak soldier that got away is going to bring back trouble soon.

My biggest criticism is the unauthentic feel, particularly in dialogue where there’s often a very modern slant to the things your characters say. It doesn’t fit very well with my interpretation of the theme of TES. Some more specific cases: The occasional swearing - TES is pretty obvious with the different sort of curses that the people of Tamriel use. Also "Stockholm Syndrome" is clearly not part of TES universe :) It's little things like that which prevent your reader from really getting drawn into the world and serve to remind them from time to time that they’re actually really just sitting in front of their laptop.

Also, personally, i think Avernus gave in to Leto's desires a bit too easily in the forest. Even though he desired her too i feel that he would realise that she wasn't herself and want to save the moment for when she was cured of her vampirism and could really appreciate what it was she was sharing with him. I can accept that he would ultimately give in anyhow (and let’s be honest, in that state he probably couldn’t stop her!) but i like to think he’d have perhaps given a little resistance at first.

I'm afraid it's all too easy to write criticism of a piece of work as it’s the things a reader doesn’t like that tend to stick out above the bits they *do*, so please don’t take the above too hard :)

All in all it's very good! I look forward to reading the rest as and when you can find the time to write it
BillBobJoe chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
excellent read
Guest chapter 6 . 1/2/2013
This is a very creative and original story, I wish I wouldn't have passed it so often now. As for the "creative cursing" mentioned in Ch.6, the Dunmeri term "n'wah" pretty much means "little b-h."
Ozymandeos chapter 14 . 12/28/2012
Good chapter, can't wait for more.
Nakrato chapter 14 . 12/26/2012
Great chap m8, looking forward to more :)