Reviews for In The Bleak Midwinter
red2013 chapter 14 . 12/5/2013
great christmas story.

red
Song of Grey Lemons chapter 14 . 8/30/2012
Okay, this was terrific. Every character was spot on, and the mystery itself read just like an episode. Brilliant. I loved a few invidual details, too, from Innocent's story telling to the Hathaway's brain thing (good job, Laura!). The ending was perfect, really followed the regular episode format with life going back to normal. In short, AWESOME.

-Lem
TT chapter 14 . 3/22/2012
Nicely done! I am sorry that I didn't stop to review each chapter but I find that challenging when I know I can just go on to the next one! Hopefully this review here at the end will suffice for now at least. I think you did an excellent job of capturing the characters and the relationships between them, especially Lewis and Hathaway as well as writing a convincing murder mystery. My only piece of advice would be to watch out for leaving out words, its something I do myself, and the only way I have found to avoid it is to force myself to read aloud what is actually written not what I have in my head. Overall and excellent story and one I have enjoyed reading so thanks so much for writing and posting it! I would be very happy to see more Lewis stories from you :)
Rai Guyver chapter 14 . 2/12/2012
Beautiful story. Well written. Love the friendship between the boys. Thanks for writing it. xx
tatty ted chapter 14 . 1/9/2012
I think it's only fair to leave a review :3 Loved the story and how that one character seemed to fit in with all the developments and twists and turns. Thank you for sharing :3 xx
doctorjay chapter 14 . 1/5/2012
Love the story. Hathaway heroic whumpage makes a great holiday gift! I like your writing style- I too get the ending done and then have to figure out how the heck to get there!
princessozmaofoz chapter 14 . 1/3/2012
Very nice job. I really enjoyed it :)
noenigma chapter 14 . 12/27/2011
I enjoyed this...
GateSeeker2 chapter 14 . 12/26/2011
Nice story. Good plot twist. I didnt expected the husband until the "suicide". Poor James. Overall great job. Would have liked more Laura, but I'm always looking for Laura/Robbie stories. Loved the "adopted child" line. Thanks for the pleasant read.
Ceridwyn2 chapter 14 . 12/25/2011
Great story. Stayed very true to the characters. Would lve to see you write some more Lewis stories. :). Read it all before commenting.

There is one minor quibble. In ch 9 (I think) , Thompson says something about telling the girls bout their Mum. You have it marked as Thompson saying she was 'all' instead of 'ill'.
Virginia chapter 14 . 12/23/2011
DELIGHTFUL story, Gevaudan. I enjoyed every word. Especially the Muppet Christmas Carol, also a favorite of my family ("Light the lamp, not the rat! Light the lamp, not the rat!")

You struck just the right note of caring and concern between the principals without slipping into sentimentality (or slash). Well done!

Any time the muse strikes again, I'll be delighted to delve into your work!
Moosepath01 chapter 14 . 12/23/2011
A beautiful ending! You did great work with this story. Merry Christmas to you and thank you for the wonderful gift you gave us!

Eric
Moosepath01 chapter 13 . 12/23/2011
A great chapter! Makes me want to see the Muppet Christmas movie. I haven't seen it in years, although I recently saw an interview with Michael Caine in which he stated that he purposely treated the Muppets as Shakespearean actors, in order for the dialog to be taken more seriously by the audience. Now, between Hathaway and that interview, I have to see this movie!
Moosepath01 chapter 12 . 12/23/2011
The tension is mounting. The dread is too.
Moosepath01 chapter 11 . 12/23/2011
Powerful chapter. This line in particular got to me:

"Dear God," Lewis prayed almost instinctively, "please let him be alright, he's a good lad, might not have become a priest but stuck up for you when I wasn't sure anymore. Please, just let him be ok."

And again, a (great) cliff-hanger ending (even though I hate cliff-hangers!).