Reviews for In The Bleak Midwinter
Virginia chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
"It was the sort of room that you could sit in for hours without a moment of boredom and by the end of the time still know nothing at all personal about the inhabitant. It was James Hathaway all over."

I'm really enjoying this one; think you've got the principals dead to rights in terms of speech, behavior, body language ... please keep it up!
Moosepath01 chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
I barely finished chapter 4 and behold, here is chapter 5! Again, very nicely crafted. Good job!
Moosepath01 chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
Excellent work here. It feels like I am watching a new episode, well done!
Henna Gamgee chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
I am loving this! Especially the way you portray the relationship between Hathaway and Lewis. So sweet! I hope you will update soon...
prosfan chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
Awww, Hathaway is sweet when he's angry at the world.

And I do very much like the image I have of wet James in his shirt :P

And once again I am loving Lewis and Hathaway's father/son relationship going on.
Moosepath01 chapter 3 . 12/18/2011
Yes, it does feel like the episodes, well done! And kudos for updating so quickly, makes me happy. I liked the following line, too, "Then take yourself off for some 'fresh' air and find us a sandwich." We all know what James' idea of fresh air is!
prosfan chapter 3 . 12/18/2011
I've been waiting for this all day :)

Again very good. And it is progressing like an episode :)

I especially liked this bit "I'd rather have the coffee I think, sir." / "Smart lad." So in character, I could hear their voices in my head.

Cannot wait for the next one :) I noticed that you've been updating once a day so far, this makes me happy. :D
AliHathaway chapter 2 . 12/17/2011
please finished this great story.
prosfan chapter 2 . 12/17/2011
Again, brilliant chapter that leaves me awaiting more. I'm still loving hungover James. And I really can't wait to see what happens next.
Moosepath01 chapter 2 . 12/17/2011
Another good chapter. A Christmas murder with my favorite detectives, nice! Thnanks for sharing with us all.
Moosepath01 chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Good job! I liked how you captured the characters. Looking forward to more.
ailsa craig chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Off to a good start.
prosfan chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Ireally enjoyed this, and I eagerly await the next chapter :)

I love the friendship between Lewis and Hathaway and the fact that Lewis is acting fatherly, very sweet.

Also Hungover James is funny :)
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3