Reviews for In The Bleak Midwinter
Virginia chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
"It was the sort of room that you could sit in for hours without a moment of boredom and by the end of the time still know nothing at all personal about the inhabitant. It was James Hathaway all over."

FABULOUS line!

I'm really enjoying this one; think you've got the principals dead to rights in terms of speech, behavior, body language ... please keep it up!
Moosepath01 chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
I barely finished chapter 4 and behold, here is chapter 5! Again, very nicely crafted. Good job!
Moosepath01 chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
Excellent work here. It feels like I am watching a new episode, well done!
Henna Gamgee chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
I am loving this! Especially the way you portray the relationship between Hathaway and Lewis. So sweet! I hope you will update soon...
prosfan chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
Awww, Hathaway is sweet when he's angry at the world.

And I do very much like the image I have of wet James in his shirt :P

And once again I am loving Lewis and Hathaway's father/son relationship going on.
Moosepath01 chapter 3 . 12/18/2011
Yes, it does feel like the episodes, well done! And kudos for updating so quickly, makes me happy. I liked the following line, too, "Then take yourself off for some 'fresh' air and find us a sandwich." We all know what James' idea of fresh air is!
prosfan chapter 3 . 12/18/2011
I've been waiting for this all day :)

Again very good. And it is progressing like an episode :)

I especially liked this bit "I'd rather have the coffee I think, sir." / "Smart lad." So in character, I could hear their voices in my head.

Cannot wait for the next one :) I noticed that you've been updating once a day so far, this makes me happy. :D
AliHathaway chapter 2 . 12/17/2011
please finished this great story.
prosfan chapter 2 . 12/17/2011
Again, brilliant chapter that leaves me awaiting more. I'm still loving hungover James. And I really can't wait to see what happens next.
Moosepath01 chapter 2 . 12/17/2011
Another good chapter. A Christmas murder with my favorite detectives, nice! Thnanks for sharing with us all.
Moosepath01 chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Good job! I liked how you captured the characters. Looking forward to more.
ailsa craig chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Off to a good start.
prosfan chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Ireally enjoyed this, and I eagerly await the next chapter :)

I love the friendship between Lewis and Hathaway and the fact that Lewis is acting fatherly, very sweet.

Also Hungover James is funny :)
43 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3