Reviews for Crescent Moon
GeezerWench chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Wow. I don't usually read slash, but this Garrett and Jasper pairing was pretty damn sexy.

Well, I'm kinda partial to Jasper anyway.

Your writing is rather lyrical. You paint vivid pictures.

Well done!
sasharose11 chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Although I had to skim through the middle with the little Asian man (too squeamish :-)), this was an amazing fill on the prompt. Beautifully written.
Bowlove chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
I really enjoyed your writing. I don't think I have ever read something where the pairing was kept in the dark for so long. I thought it would be distracting, but I got so pulled into the story it didn't. Very interesting! Thanks for sharing :)
sadtomato chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
This was one of my favorite kinkfest prompts and somehow I never followed up and read the story-I definitely got overwhelmed with that whole process. Apologies for this coming so late!

It's intense, beautiful, and truly moving. I loved this story! Really, truly real and sensual. Thanks for writing it!
sapphirescribe chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
First off - THANK YOU for adopting this prompt. timetostart and I came up with this together and were thrilled when it was picked up.

Sorry it's taken me so long to review, I read it immediately when you first posted it, but I wanted to read it again before reviewing, and then the holidays happened, etc.

ANYWAY... You did so much more with this prompt than I could have imagined. It's absolutely gorgeous. I love the unknown narrator, the saving of Jasper, the unintentional biting (followed by the intentional sealing of the bite, unf)...

"She laughed." His voice broke as anguish overtook him. "She said that my scars were ugly – that I was ugly – and that she was the only one who would ever tolerate my ugliness." He closed his eyes as his shame washed over us both. - that made my heart break for poor Jasper! I can absolutely see Maria saying this and Jasper believing it. :( But then to follow it up immediately with Jasper begging his companion to bite him *there*? That was perfect.

I admit to a fair bit of squeamishness watching the scene on the boat, but when it got to Jasper's turn, it was pure beauty. I find it entirely believable that Jasper would want to go through that to turn his body into something *he* found beautiful. And I have to say, the little bits of skin trying to find their way back to their host was a pretty cool touch.

Thank you again SO MUCH for picking this prompt and doing such a beautiful job filling it. 3
ArcadianMaggie chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Seeing Jasper as an innocent was a new perspective for me. I appreciate hoq Garrett helped turn the painful reminders of his past into something new and beautiful. Lovely fill. Thank you so much!
Gillian Aubrey chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
I really loved the moments between these two as they got to know each other, they were beautiful!
EdwardsMate4ever chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Very unique, original story - I loved it!
MarchHare5 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
So beautifully written!
TruceOver chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
The first time was completely intended.

I was betaing, after all, and as usual your words stole my mind and carried me away to a place with beautiful men under a beautiful moon.

The second time wasn't a shock.

How could I resist re-reading Garrett and Jasper's tale of bravery, trust, and love?

The third time it happened, I still wasn't surprised.

This is a gorgeous story; unique and incredibly well written, fulfilling the prompt so perfectly. Thank you for sharing this with me and all of your readers. Garrett's adventures never disappoint.
Lou-La chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Gorgeous, and a beautiful interpretation of the prompt. What an intense, captivating story. Thank you for writing and sharing.
mycrookedsmile chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
this was amazing as always, and of course it was Garrett!

I love that Jasper transformed his scars from a painful reminder of his past into something beautiful.
Fr333bird chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Beautiful :) I loved this!
ICMezzo chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Oh, this was fascinating. I loved the poetry of your words and have always been a fan of the under-explored wanderer Garrett character. Nice job! -ICM
OnTheTurningAway chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
This is utterly fantastic and reads like pure poetry. Brilliant interpretation of the prompt.