Reviews for Lord of Gifts
somanyfeels chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
Wow, this is amazing, I really like how Celebrimbor says that he won't give Annatar the grace of hating him. I love this pairing but it is just so heart rending! Thank you.
Baralin chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
This is very emotional and extremely captivating, I think I stopped breathing until I reached the end. Celebrimbor is one of my favourite character in the Silmarillion, I never paired him with Annatar in my musings, but it is thrilling the way you wrote it.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 5/10/2003
*Stares in awe* This is one of the most

creative pairings I've ever seen! The

possibilities, oh, the possibilities!
Nierninwa chapter 1 . 2/27/2003
*whimpers* No offense to your writing, I think it's pretty good, but. but. Celebrimbor and Annatar? *dies slow and painful death*
blackhawkwho can't be bothered logging in chapter 1 . 10/5/2002
Pretty good, and I'm not afan of slash! You got the thoughts right.
Woman of the Dunedain chapter 1 . 9/1/2002
Awesome, Joanie. I love it!
Furius chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
*stares with a shocked face* Celebrimbor slash? I commend you in the effort, it is actually decent writing but Celebrimbor? Wasn't he in love with Galadriel?
vorondis1 chapter 1 . 5/28/2002
I'm very happy I discovered this story! It has depth, and the - unexpected - last sentence completely swept me off my feet!

Thank you.
Maia1 chapter 1 . 5/11/2002
This has such psychological insight and profundity; truly an incredible piece.

I would love to an alternate version from Sauron/Annatar's point of view.

Actually, I'm starting to imagine that in my head. Would you mind if I wrote it?
Finch chapter 1 . 5/10/2002
I'm very impressed. Until now, I disliked slash involving Valar/Maiar, but you carried it off. It's also a striking illustration of Elrond's words 'Nothing was evil in the beginning'. It's so easy to see only Sauron in Annatar.

Count me in for a prequel.
Kshar chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Oh my. Oh. My.

'What would have changed if I tried, just a bit, just a taste? Would I be at your side at this moment, tormenting another, laughing as we do?'

What an amazing concept, and how beautifully, and perfectly, and naturally, it is developed. I can't often say that I'm simultaneously horrified and touched.

Thank you.
Ithilwen of Himring chapter 1 . 5/8/2002
Wow! When you first told us that you were considering this slash combination, I thought it would be interesting, and different - but I never expected anything even remotely like this, setting it at the time of Celebrimbor's death. Why do I have the feeling that if only Sauron could truely accept the depth of Celebrimbor's love, and the forgiveness that springs from it, he'd be on the path to eventual redemption? At some level, he can't see himself as worthy of such love, so he scorns and eventually destroys the one offering it to him.
jillian baade chapter 1 . 5/8/2002
You naughty girl, but i like it! A great twist on WHY the hell Celebrimbor didn't listen to others warnings about Annatat, and of course this is a perfect example of the curse on Feanor's family at work again.
Noah Vail chapter 1 . 5/7/2002
No, it doesn't suck, and I *would* say so if it did. It's actually pretty cool!

And I HAVEN'T SEEN 100 VERSIONS BEFORE! It's totally original! By standards, anyway!
Soledad chapter 1 . 5/7/2002
No, you have done it before me! Ah, well, I forgive you, since it's done so beautifully: deep and terrible and it has style! Great story, and welcome to the club.