Reviews for Can't Be Both
bijou2009 chapter 5 . 5/18/2016
Love this story, but I'm very worried for Mozzie (whom I love and adore) and Neal and Mozzies relationship.

One thing that makes me wonder. Who did Neal and Moz actually steal the treasure from. It was Nazi loot on the bottom of the ocean, and it wa never reveled whether it was in international waters or not and salvage law are different than property laws. Are the FBI going to prosecute Neal for stealing it from Adler, but he never officially claimed it. Because the FBI had, at the time, most certainly not taken possession of it, when Moz spirited it away.
Whoever claimed the Nazi loot would be under some legal(and moral) obligation to try to return it to it rightful owners, if they could be found, but the legalese and international treaties surrounding these things are complicated.
In the show it's not much of an issue because they focus on the interpersonal relationship, but I've kind of wondered why it never came up in fics about the treasure that I've read.

Looking forward to see where you will be taking this.
Leonora Chris chapter 9 . 1/17/2015
Oh, this one made me so sad and angry... I felt so bad for Neal and reading this was like watching a train wreck happen... You know it's going to happen, but you just can't look away. Kind of kept hoping for something happy. Nice. A happy ending or something... But nooo... Of course I knew there wouldn't be one by the time I was done reading half of this... Part of me is glad that at least he'll be away from Peter etc (yeah. I'm not a fan of the guy, even if he has his moments), but this still just feels so wrong... *sobs*
Nadamalki chapter 9 . 6/10/2014
What an interesting and entertainful read this was! You have such a way of exploring Neal's thoughts I can almost hear his voice in my head!
JubileeKnight chapter 9 . 8/23/2013
Great story!
xXTheCrypticCrayonXx chapter 9 . 4/28/2013
This was such an amazing story! :D Loved it!
Dimac99 chapter 9 . 3/27/2013
Fantastic story, really well written - but I'm glad the show isn't so realistic or it would be too depressing lol! I missed Mozzie but I am beginning to appreciate some slightly darker interpretations of him. The stuff about the underground tunnels and sewers was nicely described with just a few words and *reaction shots*, made me feel claustrophobic just reading.
ClaMiAl chapter 9 . 3/3/2013
Good story. Fascinating, really, that Neal made the decision to be the man, as opposed to the con, but it seemed like he was not deciding to go straight and turn away from crime. It was almost as if he was deciding to become a con in a man's clothing, in a way. He seems dedicated to doing his time, to working with Kramer for 5 years and follow the rules. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if the first thing he did once that time was over was to pull a con, even if just a small one. And I like that. When I read a story where Neal truly and honestly decides not to commit any crimes anymore, I feel like he's lost that unique Neal-ness, like...I dunno...a leopard who's been turned into a house car by having its teeth and claws be pulled.

So, anyway. Great story!
asecret chapter 9 . 2/10/2013
That was truley great! Love it!
Wondo chapter 9 . 1/17/2013
I'm thrilled you decided to write a sequel. Looking forward to reading it.
This is one of my favorite post Countdown stories.
Wondo chapter 6 . 1/17/2013
Okay ... you asked. I love this story; I haven't been able to stop reading! Very well-written.
Wondo chapter 5 . 1/17/2013
Thought-provoking. Fascinating detail with realistic legal consequences.
How will you get Neal out of this one?
Wondo chapter 2 . 1/17/2013
Spellbinding.
You've painted a vivid picture of Neal's emotional anguish. I'm glad Jones tried to provide a bit of comfort.
Wondo chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Somehow I missed this fic! I'm already hooked, caught up in the emotion of the story.
Crystalzap chapter 4 . 12/14/2012
ok I can't watch/read this Neal never confesses to anything, especial not on record, MAYBE one or two things to Peter but not this...
flacka94 chapter 9 . 11/17/2012
soo its been a while... is there any chance we may have that sequel?