Reviews for Right Moments
Merdinus chapter 3 . 7/13/2014
Just from what I've read so far, i still feel like he'll go with akane in the end, due to her firmer grasp of reality. I think he'll develop a lot as a person, but ultimately use an exploit to get out of it, rather than find contentment. I don't think he can find contentment while things can't move on. I also am worried about what black rose said. I think there will be a death before the end. If I was in this situation, I'd try to find a tactical advantage in my career, maybe exploit the loop for the good of humanity, and leave my normal relationships alone. Most of a relationship is projection anyway, and there's too much danger of boredom otherwise.
Havelock Vetinari chapter 4 . 7/7/2014
I feel that they add to it, in much the same way as the classical television show M*A*S*H. While some might disagree, citing "mood whiplash", I believe them to be, not only in the minority, but completely missing the point. The quick alteration does cause "mood whiplash". Entirely purposefully. When you're saddened, tense, emotionally invested in something, a mood-changing moment of happiness "breaks the ice"; moreover, with your expectation of humor being so low at that point in time, it blindsides you, and humor, being all about timing, improves all the more for that blindsiding.

Lastly, regarding the transition of seriousness to happiness, or the reverse of the above paragraph, if the world seems lighthearted, a change to that world seems all the more serious.
Havelock Vetinari chapter 3 . 7/7/2014
Let's see. I haven't read the origional work since 2007, so my characterization of Ranma, I acknowledge, is tainted by more than half a decade of fanfiction. Given this understanding of myself, I will try my best to keep to the original characterizations in my assumptions, but I must admit I will not be terribly disappointed in myself if I am wrong.

I believe what drives Ranma is just... competition. He has feelings, urges, but he doesn't understand them. Unless something is expressed in terms of a battle, so long as it isn't a threat to his pride or his life, he's content to let the status quo stay as it is. No matter how badly it affects said feelings.

What Happosai has done has essentially rephrased his entire life, all of his urges, all of the feelings of those he cares about, as a competition, a competition against not just Happosai, but Happosai's implied ally, the status quo.

Given the nature of this story as using a groundhog-day esque plot device, it's certain that he will spend some amount of time on bettering himself; his response to Hinako was particularly telling. However, as Principal Kuno pointed out, perfection can become static. He would not be satisfied with mere knowledge, though that knowledge will help with the next step.

His first steps towards making everyone happy will be disastrous. As both Shampoo and Ukyou pointed out, he doesn't really know them as well as he'd like to think he does. As it seems you're using a more sympathetic Black Rose than I normally see, that is an example of something that will come out of left field for him. Something that, ultimately, he will need Tatewaki's help on. The link between their goals is unique; Kuno would like to better understand his sister. That might bring him happiness, at least, but... then it's over the next day.

I believe this covers everything I can accurately surmise from here. The one thing I cannot understand is how he will possibly fit everything into a single day. I know he can handle each individual aspect of his life, find a perfect solution for that, given enough time. But each solution makes the other solutions that much more difficult to achieve, and is there any way all the puzzle peices can fit together at all, much less all be place just so... in one day?
outofculture chapter 3 . 7/5/2014
I think groundhog day has it right: causing the most good is an inevitable end. It's fun to imagine such a scenario for Ranma. I expect things will not turn out so well for him, though.
Brine Eyes chapter 3 . 7/1/2014
I like this concept.
I enjoyed the Innortal loops Godzilla threshold, but this is better. Ranma, eventually realizing the implications and the short loop ups the difficulty proportionally.
RPhysics chapter 18 . 6/26/2014
This was certainly an interesting story to read. There were plenty of rather confusing sections, where I was uncertain as to what was happening. Of course, that's likely because of how fast I was reading, but I think the whole 'flow' of the story could have been better. Especially when you got into the whole kami situation, which was really unnecessary.

I rather dislike how focused the story was on Ranma marrying. As if it was the only way he'd ever be happy, like the world depending on him being intimate with a girl. The fact that Ranma had a harem was also quite off putting, as was adding in the rape/mind slave technique that Ranma got from Happosai.

Something that was confusing me throughout the story is how the characters aside from Ranma were also growing, despite being out of the time loop. They were reacting differently compared to the start of the story. I honestly wonder why none of them realized how odd Ranma was acting, unless he did something drastic like trying to kill Genma.

I do enjoy how god-like Ranma became, yet still had personality flaws. Still had challenges and conflicts to overcome. It was far more interesting than what most other time loop stories do. So kudos to you for that.

It'd be interesting to see a Ranma that doesn't grow vast amounts of power and skill, a Ranma that never meets any of the kami's and other characters. A Ranma that only has a Jusenkyo curse. Have him make mistakes and grow as a person, until eventually he wakes up one day finding the loop ended.

In the end, I'm rather neutral on this story. It was interesting in the beginning, but it started to become too complex and too dull to continue reading for any reason other than finding out the ending. Maybe I just don't have refined enough tastes, or maybe this is simply a type of story I don't enjoy. No matter the reason, I found it tiresome to keep reading, and the last 7 or so chapters disappointing. You definitely had some good parts that I really enjoyed though, so thanks for that.
Less Wrong chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
I am still reading, but this is surely one of the greatest of fanfictions.
kazekitsune666 chapter 18 . 4/30/2014
Great story. I rather disliked all the Kamis, but story was great anyway.
shugokage chapter 18 . 7/19/2013
Great job on this story!
shugokage chapter 17 . 7/19/2013
Incredible and unique story great job!
AnAncientBard chapter 18 . 6/15/2013
Wunderbar!
10/10
Would read.
irnzenmonk chapter 18 . 5/3/2013
great story ne
Kreinster chapter 3 . 4/30/2013
I always search for stories with such a premise. Glad to find another one, I am.

How curious. Kodachi got it absolutely right. Not that others were wrong, of course.
Kasumi amazed me with her insight. To me, it looked like she understood Ranma's problem, and decided to make at least this one day better then others. Good girl.

Let us see how it goes.
Mr. Qwerty chapter 3 . 2/18/2013
As requested, a review at the end of chapter 3. Disconsidering the slapstick nature of Ranma 1/2, mastery of the Art would be first order of the day. It's the core of his self-worth. It is unclear if his reflexes could be improved, since the Chestnut Fist improvement got negated, but only learning how to defeat opponents based on a chess-like move sequence probably wouldn't cut it. I also can't tell how much of Ranma's selfishness gets translated from slapstick, but he's likely to not consider alienating Shampoo and Ukyou as a good ending, as the first ghost-cat arc proves. Figuring out a way to have his cake and also eat it should be very important, even if it keeps the "losing" girls from achieving closure. Academic excellence and getting to know people around him (Akane's family, his classmates, the other rivals) would only matter inasmuch it allowed him bragging rights and accolades.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/12/2013
It sounds like a evolution fic were he has almost meaningless strides towards perfection, whitch are promptly ignored for the next one until he's some sort of super bieng and owns the world with his pure awesome. but you athuers notes say your not that shallow and its a rather well though out set up so far so i geuss it depend on weather or not you can kweep up that triat. we'll see
340 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »