Reviews for Right Moments
Parker chapter 3 . 7/21/2014
Ranma will do what Ranma does: Train to defeat the foe.
Elyandarin chapter 3 . 7/17/2014
Hm, though martial arts training doesn't carry over, knowledge of techniques will. Learning methods of training, Ranma could use these after the loop. He could also study which training gives better results. Meditation techniques probably would carry over, so let's go nuts on that.
Studying school subjects - mostly through self-study - would give Ranma an advantage post-loop because he could skip out on more homework. Also, maybe he'll discover a talent at something non-fight-related. And the next time someone challenges him at a martial arts spelling bee or something, he'll be prepared...

Mostly though, his social skills need training. They say an expert is someone who has made every possible mistake in a field. Ranma has made a good start already, and now he has years and years...

It would be cool if "Groundhog Day" existed in movie form in this verse, and Ranma got to watch it at some point.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/16/2014
Since charm requires perfection in own eyes, key will be understanding own desires ...
Merdinus chapter 5 . 7/13/2014
I had a really vivid mental image of the end of this chapter.
Merdinus chapter 4 . 7/13/2014
Humorous/serious is a good strategy. It keeps the story from becoming too moist. The wandering piece of lemon was fun, and could make a good recurring brick joke.
Merdinus chapter 3 . 7/13/2014
Just from what I've read so far, i still feel like he'll go with akane in the end, due to her firmer grasp of reality. I think he'll develop a lot as a person, but ultimately use an exploit to get out of it, rather than find contentment. I don't think he can find contentment while things can't move on. I also am worried about what black rose said. I think there will be a death before the end. If I was in this situation, I'd try to find a tactical advantage in my career, maybe exploit the loop for the good of humanity, and leave my normal relationships alone. Most of a relationship is projection anyway, and there's too much danger of boredom otherwise.
Havelock Vetinari chapter 4 . 7/7/2014
I feel that they add to it, in much the same way as the classical television show M*A*S*H. While some might disagree, citing "mood whiplash", I believe them to be, not only in the minority, but completely missing the point. The quick alteration does cause "mood whiplash". Entirely purposefully. When you're saddened, tense, emotionally invested in something, a mood-changing moment of happiness "breaks the ice"; moreover, with your expectation of humor being so low at that point in time, it blindsides you, and humor, being all about timing, improves all the more for that blindsiding.

Lastly, regarding the transition of seriousness to happiness, or the reverse of the above paragraph, if the world seems lighthearted, a change to that world seems all the more serious.
Havelock Vetinari chapter 3 . 7/7/2014
Let's see. I haven't read the origional work since 2007, so my characterization of Ranma, I acknowledge, is tainted by more than half a decade of fanfiction. Given this understanding of myself, I will try my best to keep to the original characterizations in my assumptions, but I must admit I will not be terribly disappointed in myself if I am wrong.

I believe what drives Ranma is just... competition. He has feelings, urges, but he doesn't understand them. Unless something is expressed in terms of a battle, so long as it isn't a threat to his pride or his life, he's content to let the status quo stay as it is. No matter how badly it affects said feelings.

What Happosai has done has essentially rephrased his entire life, all of his urges, all of the feelings of those he cares about, as a competition, a competition against not just Happosai, but Happosai's implied ally, the status quo.

Given the nature of this story as using a groundhog-day esque plot device, it's certain that he will spend some amount of time on bettering himself; his response to Hinako was particularly telling. However, as Principal Kuno pointed out, perfection can become static. He would not be satisfied with mere knowledge, though that knowledge will help with the next step.

His first steps towards making everyone happy will be disastrous. As both Shampoo and Ukyou pointed out, he doesn't really know them as well as he'd like to think he does. As it seems you're using a more sympathetic Black Rose than I normally see, that is an example of something that will come out of left field for him. Something that, ultimately, he will need Tatewaki's help on. The link between their goals is unique; Kuno would like to better understand his sister. That might bring him happiness, at least, but... then it's over the next day.

I believe this covers everything I can accurately surmise from here. The one thing I cannot understand is how he will possibly fit everything into a single day. I know he can handle each individual aspect of his life, find a perfect solution for that, given enough time. But each solution makes the other solutions that much more difficult to achieve, and is there any way all the puzzle peices can fit together at all, much less all be place just so... in one day?
outofculture chapter 3 . 7/5/2014
I think groundhog day has it right: causing the most good is an inevitable end. It's fun to imagine such a scenario for Ranma. I expect things will not turn out so well for him, though.
Brine Eyes chapter 3 . 7/1/2014
I like this concept.
I enjoyed the Innortal loops Godzilla threshold, but this is better. Ranma, eventually realizing the implications and the short loop ups the difficulty proportionally.
FireInLife chapter 18 . 6/26/2014
This was certainly an interesting story to read. There were plenty of rather confusing sections, where I was uncertain as to what was happening. Of course, that's likely because of how fast I was reading, but I think the whole 'flow' of the story could have been better. Especially when you got into the whole kami situation, which was really unnecessary.

I rather dislike how focused the story was on Ranma marrying. As if it was the only way he'd ever be happy, like the world depending on him being intimate with a girl. The fact that Ranma had a harem was also quite off putting, as was adding in the rape/mind slave technique that Ranma got from Happosai.

Something that was confusing me throughout the story is how the characters aside from Ranma were also growing, despite being out of the time loop. They were reacting differently compared to the start of the story. I honestly wonder why none of them realized how odd Ranma was acting, unless he did something drastic like trying to kill Genma.

I do enjoy how god-like Ranma became, yet still had personality flaws. Still had challenges and conflicts to overcome. It was far more interesting than what most other time loop stories do. So kudos to you for that.

It'd be interesting to see a Ranma that doesn't grow vast amounts of power and skill, a Ranma that never meets any of the kami's and other characters. A Ranma that only has a Jusenkyo curse. Have him make mistakes and grow as a person, until eventually he wakes up one day finding the loop ended.

In the end, I'm rather neutral on this story. It was interesting in the beginning, but it started to become too complex and too dull to continue reading for any reason other than finding out the ending. Maybe I just don't have refined enough tastes, or maybe this is simply a type of story I don't enjoy. No matter the reason, I found it tiresome to keep reading, and the last 7 or so chapters disappointing. You definitely had some good parts that I really enjoyed though, so thanks for that.
Less Wrong chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
I am still reading, but this is surely one of the greatest of fanfictions.
kazekitsune666 chapter 18 . 4/30/2014
Great story. I rather disliked all the Kamis, but story was great anyway.
shugokage chapter 18 . 7/19/2013
Great job on this story!
shugokage chapter 17 . 7/19/2013
Incredible and unique story great job!
345 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »