Reviews for Right Moments
Chargone chapter 4 . 5/25/2012
problem: pretty sure shogi pieces usually only come in black.
Chargone chapter 3 . 5/25/2012
oddly, i've always been partial to fics where, for whatever reason, Kodachi manages to get it together somewhat and she and Ranma end up together. Likewise Ranman/Nabiki in a similar context (in both cases, the girls learn a bit of a lesson about life/get help, get less screwed up, and end up helping Ranma do likewise.). this is probably heavily biased by the skill of the authors of such fics of this nature as i have read, however. Ranma/Akane has always seemed to be an unfixable Mess if the change leading to it does not take place prior to their first meeting (or at least Very soon after).

I'd kinda like to see Ranma actually get his schooling sorted, though that would be tricky to do when the teachers don't remember how much he does and doesn't know and everything resets.

he should also take some time out to do some just downright Silly things that would normally cause major problems but in this context don't (because what's a good reality repetition without playing golf through the Stargate or something analogous?)

ultimately, if nothing else, he should realise how many of his problems have nothing to do with his honour and everything to do with the fact that the people around him are crazy. then do everything he can to fix the ones that are left... at which point the 'perfect day' would be the one where he escaped the madness.

of course, he'd have to do that without losing who he IS... that's the problem with solving one's greatest issues... sometimes they're part of what defines who one IS.

so... yeah, not sure how useful this line of thinking is, especially as the fic's finished, but... you asked :)
Guest chapter 3 . 1/27/2012
I really like the premise. If I had to guess what events would happen (and must happen for a "perfect" day), I would say:

1. Ranma understands his own feelings (he may or may not actually mature that much)

2. Reach some sort of satisfying romantic conclusion with all his fiances (seems hard to do)

3. Travel as far as he can to learn as many new techniques as possible during the day. He may or may not be able to use a given technique since his body and therefore any training may not make it through the loop. (I suspect this is why Dr. Tofu isn't immediately available since he probably be too useful of a teacher to start with.)

4. Master the psychological aspects of his own techniques - mainly cat-fu. Since this might be better than trying to learn other techniques that he can't master in a time loop.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest.
Ranmaleopard chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Interesting please continue!
dzk87 chapter 17 . 6/30/2011
It hsould be noted that this fic is the MOST EPIC example ever of author improvemnt. I read this fic once, and dropped it because the grammar/spelling at the start was bad/lame. I have NO idea when, but by this chapter, all the remains is an amazingly well written fic, one that skimps on explaining who he choses, not that any of us care. Great job man, keep writing.
1angelette chapter 3 . 6/28/2011
Well, I know that this fic is very old but given your phrased opinions on reviews I figured you'd probably like to see this anyway!

I find what you have so far promising, though the indirect style of narration is... kind of different. (For example, you commonly go "Kasumi realized blah blah blah blah', as opposed to "Kasumi began to think out loud. 'Blah blah, blahhhhhh? Blah blah blah. Oh, my.'")

The parts where you say "Ranma would regret this", in particular near the end where you say he would regret finding a cure for his curse, kind of puzzle me, and leave a slightly strange taste in my mouth. It's like, why are you telling this now? Basically.

There are a lot of little things in this story that I like. I do really like how you threw in the bit where Cologne claims she can break the loop with a counter-technique, because that's exactly the kind of thing she would say, not something you have her repress for the sake of the plot. Also how at first Ranma barely realizes what's going on because he's such a ditz, and gets used to the whole idea gradually, accepting it for now as a new version of routine. And! How the principal shaves Ranma's head before giving him an answer, and how Ranma quite reasonably consents to that.

I intend to continue reading this story, and leave at least one more review at the end. Good luck in your future work and any revisions you may make to this piece!
Dairegh chapter 18 . 10/10/2010
Awesome story. : )

It started to drag just a little bit around the 'Paths' bit, but determination saw me through.

Otherwise? Great job! : D

-W.M.
Thurhame chapter 3 . 9/8/2010
An interesting idea, and a very promising start. Setting aside all the theoretical problems with "Groundhog Day" style time travel, I like what I see so far.

I don't understand Kodachi's answer to Ranma's question. Maybe it will become clear later?

It's obvious some of the characters didn't really think about what this sort of loop means when they gave their answers. Sure, it's infinite time in some ways, but in others it's only 24 hours. If anything takes more than a day, it resets and all progress outside of one's own mind is lost.
Paosheep chapter 18 . 4/16/2010
This was incredibly enjoyable. Thank you.
Nukenin chapter 11 . 2/15/2010
Aku soku zan actually was the code for the Shinsengumi. Watsuki didn't just make it up.
JWG chapter 3 . 7/17/2009
Don't know if you're still checking these reviews or not. What do I think will happen? This seems to be a bit of an experiment for you. Normally I'd think it would be the same sort of outcome as Groundhog Day or 12:01. The guy learns all he needs to learn, slips the bonds of his immaturity and wins the girl. Somehow now, before I read further, I feel you may have a twist in mind. Right now I'm glad I haven't read any of the previously posted 297 reviews. It will be interesting to read them when I'm done.

Write Something Every Day!

-JW
Wrin chapter 18 . 5/18/2009
Wow! That was great!

(Doesn't usually like god-Ranma fics)
Dreamweaver Mirar chapter 18 . 5/16/2009
this was definitely one of the best reads I've ever had.

kudos
Dreamweaver Mirar chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
looks like a good beginning, a plausible way for the time repetition thing.

btw, I saw on your profile your reading speed and was like "OMG! someone who reads as fast as me and my sister!" lol
Shoggi chapter 18 . 4/27/2009
I just found your story by browsing through the completed stories.

And i must say: it was amazing.

The timelopp idea, like you said is nothing new, even in ranma fanfiction, but your version is one of the best if read.

Most fanfics feel like... fanfics if you read them, but yours gave the impression of a completely thought out story.

I must admit it was sometime a little bit confusing, especially in the kami plain part, but that didn't stop me from liking it.
338 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »