Reviews for Right Moments
Ozzallos chapter 18 . 10/18/2006
Yes, finally getting to a fic completed in 2005, so sue me :p

I want to not like this fic *so* badly, but just can't bring myself to do so. It starts out damn rough and proceeds to jerk the reader through the first handful of chapters, making for a not so enjoyable experience.

Fortunately, that trend reverses sharply about halfway thoough, taking the reader on a wonderful ride though Ranma's self exploration, evolution and more exotic martial arts techniques than you can shake a stick at. Can't say it will make my favorites, as it lacks critical elements to give it true staying power in my book, but it was a great romp nontheless. At very least, i can recommend it, as it has enough to appeal to reach a broad audience.
Tain Shari chapter 18 . 10/5/2006
Thank you for writing this. I enjoyed this story immensely.

And I say Seruni will be First!
Tain Shari chapter 3 . 10/4/2006
Frankly, I haven't the slightest idea what Ranma will do. This fic is among the more unique ones I've read. Very, very interesting!
deitarionSSokolow chapter 18 . 8/7/2006
Excellent fic. It's earned a place near the top of my favorites list.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
Looking good so far, but as for your glossary in the Author's Notes, it's "Nekohanten". You forgot the second "N".
OmegaDL50 chapter 18 . 7/5/2006
This was a very good and entertaining story to read. Groundhog Day being one of my favorite movies so I enjoyed that kind of endless repetition concept applied to a Ranma 1/2 fiction and you achieved it quite amirably. However dispite the greatness of your story, there is a few flaws.

Ranma throughout his constant repetitions dating each of the girls simply tried to avoid making mistakes he made in the paste thus he was given the gift of forsight and thus had the ability to grow mentally and learn from his mistakes. However the girls only living thier own day and not being caught in the repetition like Ranma was. Thus while Ranma mentally growed and gained intellect, everyone else including Akane did not achieve such growth..and since Ranma could not change this since the Nanban Mirror power was only confined to himself. So how was Ranma expect to appreciate them and learn to love them if they could not grow themselves being locked in a eternal day.

I mean Ranma wouldn't be able to discover future endearing aspects or traits that the girls would gain by natural maturity and not anyone can be expected to grow up in merely 24 hours. However since Ranma himself was locked in an endless day with all memories intact he could find means of self improvement without means of physical growth, since the reset of time would prevent any physical aspects gained.

I hope to read a sequel or a filler that will divilge details within the 2 years time that Ranma gave Akane to decide if she would be willing to accept or deny the engagement, also how everyone else such as Nabiki and Kasumi would take the changes of growth over the years. Also more about that new Fiancee that Genma made out of deal for Ranma.
KingKong chapter 18 . 5/31/2006
Wow another excellent chapter!

...

but just a few points I'd like to raise.

1)Izanagi sealing and removing of Ranma's undeveloped abilities strikes me as a sign of fear, i.e. the kami Izanagi is afraid of what Ranma might do with a whole lot of power. The excuse that ranma might do something stupid out of ignorance does not really hold as the ideal solution then would be to teach the mortal how to use the powers in a good responsible way.

Also the ranma being "too powerfull" for a mortal - each of the powers sealed and removed were (implicitly) inherent in him and thus the possibility that he should not have them is - illogical. If a human should not have too many powers then why are these dormant abilities present anyway ?

Perhaps at the termination of the repeating day Happosai could refuse to recognize Ranma as a grandmaster because of the removed (potential) abilities. Making Ranma's grandmastery wait until he regains them maybe by going on a multi-dimentional traing trip with his chosen wife(s) and Happosai. It would make a great material for a multi-crossover, think RanmaSM or DBZ or Tenchi or Rifts or anything else.

Once more thing- Ranma forced to regain precognition and temporal senseing as he faces down the Sailor scouts :):)

After all how can Ranma be on the path of inevitable mastery with such basic abilities removed. :)

Besides "Right Moments" being one of the better fanfics definitely deserves a sequel.

2)The fiance issue. So far the question seems to be "who does Ranma love ?"

The question not being asked (atleast so far) is

"Who loves Ranma?"

"What effect will Ranma choosing one fiance have on the others?"

In the course of the fic you made it clear (in one of the chapters) that Akane truely loves or atleast has her heart set on Ranma.

Kasumi and Nabiki dont really expect Ranma to marry them and thus even if they are passed over they wont fell as bad about it.

As for Shampoo and Ukyou - you havent really shown whether they love him or are mearly hanging on to him for the sake tribal laws or reaffirmation of femininity respectively.

From the above you can probably infer that I'm lobbying for a RA pairing :)

Ofcourse who Ranma marries either one or more is really your choice this being you fanfic. ;)

And PLEASE dont forget the sequel.
Tuisto chapter 18 . 4/11/2006
Brilliant story! Bravo! The style of writing is immaculate, and so full of rich detail, nothing is left for wanting! I'm not even certain this can be justly called a fanfic; after all the uniqueness of the story, and suberb creativity of the story, it's only draw is loosly on characters and general plot. Aside from that fact, this, I'm suprised to say is completely original, and quite possibly one of the best of the Ranma Fanfictions I've yet to come across!

Really, I'm impressed.

Thank you for the story, it's wonderfully appreciated.

A
Valakun chapter 18 . 3/28/2006
Wow! I've always like the idea of an endless day but you took it to an extreme I could never had imagined and used my favorite anime character as the center to boot. Ranma as a godling is always fun and I never tire of it. Your writing style is a great mix of ideas and points of view. Truely imaginative. Your use of accurate mythology was a great find as well. Thx for the great adventure.
DeusXM chapter 18 . 3/26/2006
In case you don't read reviews, I'll send this to your email later or something...

Any POSSIBLE chance of a sequel?
gaul1 chapter 18 . 1/26/2006
good, byes
gaul1 chapter 16 . 1/25/2006
good
Jack chapter 3 . 1/24/2006
OK! i now you already wrote this, but wtf. i think ranma would be due to gain some techneuches(sp), and learn to keep his ki that he gains. this would leave him time to contemplate and do other shit. i always love god chars if there pulled off rite..
gaul1 chapter 5 . 1/24/2006
g
Quontir chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
I really like this whole story. Now, if only it had an update...
317 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »