Reviews for Closer
thunder3swords chapter 1 . 3/9
I like this. love the pairing and wish he will realise that what he thinks is love for sena is wrong and falls for yozura.
VisforVixen chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
Cute.
Nathan Reeve chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
I really like it. You did a really good job of keeping people in character but also showing things that a little bit more rare in the show. I felt really happy when I read it and even pictured it in the actual anime for while reading it. Great job!
hernobleness chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
This was so good! You should add another chapter _
Neko-chan2604 chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Oh yay! Someone else who actually knows this anime! I love your story!
Shamus Farmer chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Before I get too far into this story, the first paragraph has brought something to mind... Japanese people are apparently cowards, now. I base this judgement solely on their actions in this anime... A scrawny 16yo with blonde hair is the biggest badass anyone has ever laid eyes on? Granted, I live in the guedo capitol of the world (New Jersey), but it took a lot more than blonde hair to scare me in High school! Even the orange skin didn't throw me... Hell, i even had a (no joke!) knife pulled on me once, and i knocked one of the guy's teeth out for it (according to him, i didn't actually tell him to say "ah" so i could check) Sheesh, Japan, grow some friggin balls...
xXnuhakuXx chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
love it w
ColinatorGX chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
D'AWWWWWWWW. They are just so guillible, aren't they? They don't even realize that the yall have the best friends they could possibly ask for.

And Yozora x Kodaka. Always nice :3

Ah, and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you! 3
Lucem Yoru chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Nice. I love Kodaka and Yozora, the hawk (Taka) belongs with the sky (Sora) :3. I'm pretty fond of Sena too but the whole childhood friend thing just seems to work for me.
purplesparkz02 chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
i'd love to be able to read more yozorakodaka fics. i love yozora!
VVolf chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Finally, a KodakaxYozora story!

This is well-written, and flows pretty nicely. I like how the romance didn't get too fluffy, not only because it's more realistic this way, but also since pairing anyone up from the series would be quite hard to make it believable in a one-shot. The plot was entertaining too, can actually see this happening in canon.

Now for some criticisms. The major problem is that the characterizations were off, and that came in two ways.

First, having them refer to others as friends. Even if every normal human being has already considered them as friends (including me), the characters themselves don't see it that way. They're simply not normal, or at least, they don't think like most people do when it comes to friendship. Heck, it wasn't up to the seventh novel until some of the characters started to wonder if they were already friends. If they were to call or even consider the other members as friends, it would've required a lot more development on every character's part to make it sound believable (remember the main theme of the series is revolving around "making friends").

The next OoC-ness came from the characters Yozora and Sena. Yozora, even when sick, would not be so kind as to accept any form of assistance from Sena. She'd more likely act all hostile and tease Sena away (or at least attempt to, before finally agreeing to her aid, reluctantly). Yozora's interaction with Kodaka was good though.

Sena was also way too kind to Yozora. She's your typical tsundere, even when she's worried about Yozora, she wouldn't just say it out right.

Say, during the scene where she and Kodaka was to help Yozora up, she would be more like, "Tch. Okay, fine. You better thank me for my kindness! And get better soon. I-it's not because I care, okay? I-It's just...I can't possibly tease you in this state. W-where's the satisfaction in that, right?" Or something like that.

Other than a bit of OoC, I also have a couple of things I like to point out.

"He noticed Maria and Yukimura already seated together in the bleachers."

Maria is a sister and a teacher. She should be with the other sisters.

Also, I still have no idea why Yozora was acting weird (as you had Kodaka pointed out) in the classroom before the assembly.

That's about it. Please don't take this the wrong way. I really enjoyed this story, and it really helped remind me of a few things to address in my own Haganai story (KodakaxYozora of course).

Thanks for the story!