Reviews for How not to write an Evangelion Romance fanfic
Never learned to code chapter 2 . 4/20/2014
Well crap. Wish I'd read this before I started writing Legend, your sledgehammer style lessons are great.
And for entertainment value alone, those examples were painfully hilarious!
Sign of Zeta chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Well written, and to the point! Also, it's nice to know that someone else remembers Together We Stand.
One percent chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
EPIC!
You know what? Your examples just did not convince me that such stories should not be written, because they were pure win.

One little downside though: evangelion without penpen is just like shinji without depression. The poor thing (I am talking about penpen) being turned into a scarf cracked me up XD
A Random Fan chapter 4 . 7/12/2012
i'm actually writing a book with a rape scene in it. i used it to further the main characters and love interest's affection for each other by having the love interest find the guy that tried to rape the main character, (she got away), and put the guy behind bars. she doesn't figure this out until later though and is slightly shocked because he honestly seems like a cold bastard. ;D your advice helped because i still have her think back to it, (six chapters later...), and i'm gonna have her help someone else through the same situation.
The Arsenal 3.0 chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Humorous and informative. I will keep these tips in mind if I decide to write in this genre. Thanks for posting!

- Arsenal
MoonfireArt chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
By the way,

Pheonix Down? Mysterious (sky) prirate...

Too much Final Fantasy XI
MoonfireArt chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Right on the money. I write eva romance, so I know exactly how frustrating this crap is when I read it from others.

Go shout it from the mountain, man. I'm with you 100%
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 4 . 7/1/2012
You again have nice points in this very touchy issue. The only I can truly disagree is the issue is on using rape on black comedy, but it's because I don't think that is a truly good way to do comedy (even understanding the methodology, I still prefer to not like).

One thing that you could have included is something I identified as a reason why people follow this is that they believe that people think they will be more mature if they include this kind of thing. I saw in a forum once the term 'grimderp' and immediately added to my vocabulary because it represents darker and edgier done wrong. Just because a work is darker and edgier, it doesn't mean that is necessarily better than one that is not. Just adding rape, gore and blood to a story doesn't make your story better, on the contrary, if you don't know with what you're dealing with, it just makes it bad, real bad. Adding rape for the sake of the rape doesn't not make your story nor doesn't show that you're mature, on the contrary, this actually turns being childish.
Archnecromancer King chapter 4 . 6/30/2012
Instructive as always. Thanks for the tips and I hope they keep coming. I'm finally writing my first fanfic and I'm trying to incorporate some of their ideas. Good luck with your life and work and his muse always inspire you.
GamerJay chapter 4 . 6/30/2012
I'll have to keep the points this fic raises in mine when writing the romance angle in my fic.

Good job, and I share your opinion on a lot of the issues you raised. :)
Shiso Kitsune chapter 3 . 6/17/2012
Haha, this is great. I think that it should be made gospel for any aspiring romance authors on this site.

Can you confront the recurring theme of 'virgin sex gods' next?
BullardCR chapter 3 . 6/8/2012
Outstanding list of what not to do. Glad to see there's another Shinji x Hikari fan out there (since the choice between an Oedipus complex and a damaged, recessive test tube baby isn't really a choice).
CrypticMirror chapter 3 . 6/8/2012
Okay, phoenix down, pirate? I feel I should know this reference, it seems so familiar, but can I buy a clue on it?

Also four can work with the right writer, unfortunately that writer was Douglas Adams.
KendrixTermina chapter 3 . 6/7/2012
Thanks for another very entertaining and at the same time, very enlightening chapter.

So true.

Basically, the earlier one starts thinking about and working towards the ending, the better it turns out.
Archnecromancer King chapter 3 . 6/7/2012
Again I'm glad you keep writing this story. Please do not stop. The story is entertaining and instructive and I agree with all the examples. Thank you for share it with us.