Reviews for How not to write an Evangelion Romance fanfic
TheINFERNO95 chapter 4 . 12/22/2016
You shinji would never rape a girl, then you turn around make excuess for him jerking off to a girl in a comma? Do you know how stupid and foolish you sound by saying that? You just can't accept that lover boy is a damn psycho who don't give a shit about anyone or the way he treat people. When asuka throw that shit in his face, shinji say she should be nice to him? Really...? That not a kid whit mental issue, that a piece of thrash who don't give a damn about his action or that why he treat people. You would have been better off using kensuke. A guy that a bit of a pervert yet sane and stable enough to keep his pants on when near a sleeping girl. Using a loser who has no self control nor give a damn what he does to people just shows you don't know what the hell you are talking about. You so obsess trying to defined a piece of trash that you wont use a character that more fitting and positive for you halfbake argument.
TheINFERNO95 chapter 1 . 12/22/2016
Pointless drama for the sake of drama. Like how the cannon series added pointless drama to shinji and asuka relationship? You want to call out other series but not eva for doing the samething? Really...
Wild Card-You and What Army chapter 2 . 4/20/2014
Well crap. Wish I'd read this before I started writing Legend, your sledgehammer style lessons are great.
And for entertainment value alone, those examples were painfully hilarious!
Sign of Zeta chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
Well written, and to the point! Also, it's nice to know that someone else remembers Together We Stand.
One percent chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
EPIC!
You know what? Your examples just did not convince me that such stories should not be written, because they were pure win.

One little downside though: evangelion without penpen is just like shinji without depression. The poor thing (I am talking about penpen) being turned into a scarf cracked me up XD
A Random Fan chapter 4 . 7/12/2012
i'm actually writing a book with a rape scene in it. i used it to further the main characters and love interest's affection for each other by having the love interest find the guy that tried to rape the main character, (she got away), and put the guy behind bars. she doesn't figure this out until later though and is slightly shocked because he honestly seems like a cold bastard. ;D your advice helped because i still have her think back to it, (six chapters later...), and i'm gonna have her help someone else through the same situation.
The Arsenal 3.0 chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Humorous and informative. I will keep these tips in mind if I decide to write in this genre. Thanks for posting!

- Arsenal
MoonfireArt chapter 3 . 7/6/2012
By the way,

Pheonix Down? Mysterious (sky) prirate...

Too much Final Fantasy XI
MoonfireArt chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Right on the money. I write eva romance, so I know exactly how frustrating this crap is when I read it from others.

Go shout it from the mountain, man. I'm with you 100%
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 4 . 7/1/2012
You again have nice points in this very touchy issue. The only I can truly disagree is the issue is on using rape on black comedy, but it's because I don't think that is a truly good way to do comedy (even understanding the methodology, I still prefer to not like).

One thing that you could have included is something I identified as a reason why people follow this is that they believe that people think they will be more mature if they include this kind of thing. I saw in a forum once the term 'grimderp' and immediately added to my vocabulary because it represents darker and edgier done wrong. Just because a work is darker and edgier, it doesn't mean that is necessarily better than one that is not. Just adding rape, gore and blood to a story doesn't make your story better, on the contrary, if you don't know with what you're dealing with, it just makes it bad, real bad. Adding rape for the sake of the rape doesn't not make your story nor doesn't show that you're mature, on the contrary, this actually turns being childish.
Archnecromancer King chapter 4 . 6/30/2012
Instructive as always. Thanks for the tips and I hope they keep coming. I'm finally writing my first fanfic and I'm trying to incorporate some of their ideas. Good luck with your life and work and his muse always inspire you.
GamerJay chapter 4 . 6/30/2012
I'll have to keep the points this fic raises in mine when writing the romance angle in my fic.

Good job, and I share your opinion on a lot of the issues you raised. :)
Shiso Kitsune chapter 3 . 6/17/2012
Haha, this is great. I think that it should be made gospel for any aspiring romance authors on this site.

Can you confront the recurring theme of 'virgin sex gods' next?
BullardCR chapter 3 . 6/8/2012
Outstanding list of what not to do. Glad to see there's another Shinji x Hikari fan out there (since the choice between an Oedipus complex and a damaged, recessive test tube baby isn't really a choice).
CrypticMirror chapter 3 . 6/8/2012
Okay, phoenix down, pirate? I feel I should know this reference, it seems so familiar, but can I buy a clue on it?

Also four can work with the right writer, unfortunately that writer was Douglas Adams.