Reviews for Another Dream
ilovetami chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
I thought this one idea was a little uncool of Tami. She's a master wife and mother, but then she comes up with the bright idea of them living apart when she's pregnant? Eric is willing to stay there with them. It does speak well of her heart that she doens't want her husband to give up on his dreams, but then move there with him and support him. Otherwise, accept the love gift he's offering by not going to TMU, instead of trying to have it all ways and allowing the family to be strained. So anyway, I'd have liked to have seen this go AU. Or maybe not. Tami's not perfect and the show showed that through this story line.
Naguabo chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
It might have been better if they'd written the episodes this way. I particularly liked the scene between Julie and Tami.
SurlyCoach chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Interesting AU idea. I hope you continue.
ICanStopAnytime chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
I’m glad you’re attempting this AU.

I honestly always wondered why Eric went through with the TMU job when he clearly thought it was a bad idea for the family and the marriage. I thought if he was going to put his foot down on anything, it ought to be that, but he seemed to defer to her. (We never got to see how that argument played out and how he finally decided to go.) He can be arbitrary at times (which can cause problems, but in this case may have actually been good), so why didn’t he arbitrarily refuse to go to TMU (this time for good reason)? It's interesting to see you explore a world where he did make the decision to stay, although in this case, he’s turning it down before he even knows about the pregnancy.

I think in the show Tami told him to go because she didn’t want him resenting her, but I wonder if he resented that he didn’t take her up on his offer to say and the way that impacted the family negatively. We never see that either (which is why I explored that in one of my fics). I’ve always wanted to know more about his relationship with his Dad (something I’ve also explored in my fanfics), so I’m glad you’re digging into that. I have my own theories and it’s always interesting to see what other people’s are. There’s so much ground to cover in fanfic!

Very interesting take on Eric’s dad pulling strings, and then Eric ticking him off by turning it down. Looking forward to seeing where you go from here.