Reviews for For Freedom
Little Damaris chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Firstly, I love the American Revolution and 1776. Secondly I love the thoughts behind this, even though you took a couple liberties. John Dickinson seemed so defeated, and unsure, yet Adams made it seem okay. D'awwww. Wonderful job! :)
princessozmaofoz chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
I really loved this. Especially the idea that despite their violent arguments, there's still respect between Adams and Dickinson (who happen to be my two favorite characters). Love that they made their peace with each other before Dickinson left.
Icarus chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Wonderful story! I have read it at least five times on the 1776 LiveJournal community, and is very glad to find it on . Love the portrayal of Dickinson in this piece, as well as his interaction with Adams. They are my favourite characters from the musical!

Another small historical point, though. Dickinson represented Delaware, not Pennsylvania, during the Constitutional Convention, so he should have signed for Delaware instead.
History's Mistress 1776 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
I love this story! The pitch perfect vocabulary only contributes to this wonderful story that does a great service to the most misunderstood character in the play
Sarah1281 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Well, John Adams didn't actually sign the Constitution since he was serving as ambassador to England (odd choice, I know) but I do like the poignancy of going from Dickinson walking out of Congress and only beginning to consider that Adams might have a point to thirteen years later when Dickinson is helping craft a completely new government. I like that Adams followed Dickinson out and gave him his respect when he most needed it. I think you're right about the courage of Dickinson's actions. George Reed, for instance, didn't actually come around to independence but he signed and Wilson's flip-flop was rather unimpressive.
Brenda Shaffer-Shiring chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Well written and nicely characterized, true to the historical figures as presented in the play. Point of order on the historical front: John Adams did not attend the Constitutional Convention. At the time, he was representing the US as an ambassador in Europe. (In England, IIRC. Sweet irony!)