Reviews for Reluctant Herald
HeartoftheArtsari chapter 1 . 12/26/2015
Wonderful premise!
Tammy333 chapter 4 . 7/26/2013
I loved this! Verna was one of my favorite characters. I could definitely see her with her calm demeanor, trying to convince Darken that he wasn't a lost cause. Despite his evilness, I always wanted him to turn away from the dark side too. Thanks for a fun and different read!
meridian-rose chapter 4 . 1/7/2012
This is an amazing take on a classical tale, and Verna does a wonderful job taking on the responsibility of Darken's spirit guide. I like that Verna learnt a lot about him and the ways of D'Hara as well as Darken being willing to take a chance and bring true peace in the future.
tinylexie chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
I really loved this piece, especially with Verna coming in terms with Darken’s pain. I love the possibility of there being hope for Darken, even though it will, of course, be hard for Darken to be a part of a happy future. I really loved how you wrote Verna and Egremont, and I like how you dealt with the Darken’s and Cara’s son plot.
tinylexie chapter 2 . 12/17/2011
First of all, I love this because I don’t think anyone has ever done Darken Rahl and Verna before. I love both Darken and Verna, and I wish that we had gotten to see more of Verna in Season 2. I love the spirit that you gave Verna; she was quite spirited in the TV show as well. I also love how you write Egremont. Not many people stop to think about the fact that Egremont appears to not be afraid of Darken (Egremont did walk into Darken’s chamber rather calmly in “Bloodline” after Darken had killed the unfortunate guard), and not many people stop to think that Egremont has probably been around Darken since he was a baby. I also love the idea that Darken sees Egremont as the father that he wished that he had. I can’t wait to see the present and the future and both Darken’s and Verna’s reactions to what they see.