Reviews for Metaphors We Live By
laffers18 chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Dude...you are completely awesome.

This is fantastic.

"Take these," he handed them small plates. "And go to your corners."

This is SO Gibbs...I can hear him saying this in my head, with his steely glare daring them to disobey...so much love!

And this...

'They obeyed because they knew no other way, and because, contrary to popular opinion, they did not actually enjoy hurting each other.

They just knew no other way.'

Summed them up perfectly.

Then you top it off with this little gem...

'He would spend the rest of his life searching for her'

Just... *swoon*
Woody2792 chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
Again, just... Beautiful. Emotionally very on point, and I could see it all. Keep it up!
beautyofsorrow chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Fabulous framing of the team's voice, with snapshots of each that had me rereading just for the pleasure of it. Well done, and please keep writing!
lacey1981 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I loved this. The juxtaposition of them being mean and so caring at the same time. Very true to how they are when they're written well. I especially loved Gibbs' "go to your corners." I can just envision that.
Anonymous033 chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Oh gosh, this hurt my heart :(

It hurt my skin! If that makes sense. It was so sad ... and I wish she could've thrown the ring into the water. If only ... sigh.

I just wish he could know how much she loved him.

But the last sentence, it was so romantic and so sweet.

I really love this story.

~Soph
EowynGoldberry chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
I thought it was good but sad. I am glad they did apologize for the fight though they won't express their real feelings. Hope they get their act together someday...Although if in real life I think I would have gotten irritated with these two long ago whether or not they have trust issues...That could just be because even though I am shy around guys I like (though not as much as in the past) even I would not put up with a guy flirting with me for years!
Dixie Dewdrop chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Loved your character examinations-
Amilyn chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Gorgeous, gorgeous. The metaphor, extended and explored, Abby and Ziva as sisters who love but do not always like; Ziva and Tony as the squabblers who drive away those who gather; Ziva and Tony reconciling and apologizing before things ever go too too far; Gibbs separating them like the disappointed father he is; Ziva wanting this but not willing to damage what is there and Tony not knowing how to ask either and deciding to show with actions... Just excellent. Every word, every moment...SO good.
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
It's a good story but my gosh did it make me feel so very sad.

JMHaughey got their angst wish.

sniff

sniff
daffodil7511 chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Awww. So sweet. You're excellent at fic-on-demand. This was really good angsty, unresolved tiva. Thanks for sharing.
JMHaughey chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
I love it. Thank you!

Definitely not the way I thought you would go with this story.

Tony and Ziva break my heart. Someday. Someday, is what I wish for.