Reviews for Even After All This Time
Gaara4066 chapter 3 . 3/24/2014
This story was beautiful. I'm only sad that it couldn't have been longer. It made me cry. You are talented young writer, please never stop writing.
Kitsune1978 chapter 3 . 5/13/2012
Amazing, amazing story. I truly admire how you succeeded in making Kankurou's relationship with Temari very deep and strong and yet it didn't look incestuous even a bit. Worth adding to Sand sibs community (and my favs as well).
mistykasumi chapter 3 . 2/17/2012
This fic was stunning. I really liked how you approached the tough topic of friendshipromancesoulmatesetc. here, the difference between Kankuro and Temari, the divide between what people are and what society says people should be. Your fic was really emotionally powerful; it brought out Kankuro's feelings really well, I felt, and Gaara's as well.
MidniteCurse4Eternity chapter 3 . 2/11/2012
I love this! 3

The ending was beautifully done.

I like how Ebizo was added to this story. It made everything so much better.

And I can see how Kankuro and Temari play so many roles between themselves.

I like that in the end Gaara makes a closer bond with Kankuro.

The idea for Temari and Shikamaru to have two households was nice too.

Anyways, I loved this story.

Sibling love all the way. It made me smile. (:
MidniteCurse4Eternity chapter 2 . 2/11/2012
I love how deep this is.

Kankuro and Baki's conversation. I can see how rumors spread about Kankuro.

Temari and Kankuro's conversation made me less sad.
MidniteCurse4Eternity chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
How have I not read this?

I like it already. (:

The plot is just indescribable. I love how this deals with family tensions and problems. It's very touching and I'm getting all sad for now.

I like how Gaara was trying to talk to Temari at the end, but it ended up horribly wrong.

And Kankuro and Gaara's talk was really deep. I had to laugh at the "Love hurts" part.
InoShikaChou chapter 3 . 2/11/2012
I liked the resolution. There's a sense of hope even if it's not confirmed that Temari will be able to spend part of her time in Suna, but it's not a completely happy ending for either side since the couple would have to be separated from some of their loved ones at all times. The development between Kankuro and Gaara was nice too. I like how it was Gaara who pursued a stronger relationship with his brother. In the manga and anime, it's usually Kankuro who does that while Gaara only actively reaches out to Naruto in a more personal way or only talks about Naruto. It was nice to see him follow Kankuro out of the party. Things look very promising for a closer relationship between them at the end.
Mystical Sand chapter 3 . 2/7/2012
I love how you brought Ebizo into the story. He would understand Kankuro's point of view better than most given his own relationship with his sister, and it's nice to see him taking an interest in her successor. I like how he turned out to be Shiro's grandfather. These family ties and friendships tighten the connections between the characters. His backstory is nice too. It seems he also may have had more than one soulmate. In fact, it looks like perhaps he lost touch with his sister after they both had families but were able to rebuild that bond later on. It's something that might give Kankuro hope.

Gaara was wonderful here also. I love how he reached out to Kankuro and wanted to form that special bond with him. Over time it might even grow deeper than the one Kankuro and Temari have because ultimately they value many of the same things when it comes to relationships. I like how Gaara really opened up to his brother, how he followed him out of the wedding party, and how he wouldn't give up on him throughout the story. It was just sweet to see Gaara admit that he wants that kind of relationship with Kankuro. It's usually the other way around, and Gaara often seems to value the people, like Naruto and most recently his mother, who aren't with him in his daily life more than those who are.

I saw some of the references to other stories. Kankuro and Temari teaching Gaara to dance came from Dances with Shinobi. There was a reference to Star Gazing Festival at the beginning of the second chapter. Kankuro dealing with Temari getting married and drifting apart from him reminds me of what he went through with Gaara in Smile and Take a Bow, and his worry about losing his place in her life reminds me of his feelings and thoughts in If It Matters. Gaara visiting Kankuro while he was hurt also happened in Reaching out to You. The idea that Temari's marriage and moving away was like a death to Kankuro reminds me of how he mourned Gaara's death in The Day Gaara Died. Kankuro realizing that others might fear incestuous tendencies between him and one of his siblings was also in The Greatest of These Is Love. And Kankuro helping Gaara through his nightmares also happened in The Blood of Brothers.

I really enjoyed how you wrote Kankuro in this story. I loved his interactions with all of the characters but especially Gaara. They have a very special connection in the manga and anime, and this seems like a natural progression of that bond. You've really shown how much they love each other and how they both want an even deeper relationship.
Cabbage cabrera chapter 3 . 1/24/2012
Aw, that was an adorable ending. Almost had me in tears the whole chapter.

I'm glad i happened upon your story, it was a fantastic read.
Cabbage cabrera chapter 2 . 1/24/2012
Loving the Kankuro and Gaara interactions. Reminds me much of me and my own brother. I'm glad Kankuro's to be working on his feelings.
Cabbage cabrera chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
I had to snicker at the beginning what with Kankuro being injured only to have Sakura save his ass again.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 3 . 1/17/2012
It's true. Old people are always trying to get you to do stupid stuff, take on responsibilities you don't have, and they don't understand why you don't want to be just like them. Ebizo's faulty logic is classic. They think their stupid lives will comfort other people. I'd like to confront people like Ebizo and tell them the way they lived their lives isn't universally right.

Your Gaara is so wonderful. I love that he is both gentle and strong.

And the dancing thing was so cute.
Mystical Sand chapter 2 . 1/10/2012
I really like how you've shown so many different views on Kankuro and Temari's relationship and what they should do next. They're not all completely right or wrong but just different opinions (even between the two of them) of the same thing. It's sweet how Kankuro views his sister as his soulmate, and it's refreshing to see that idea used in something besides a romantic relationship. It kind of reminds me of some of the themes used on BBC's Sherlock. I wonder how things will turn out for them. A completely happy ending seems impossible. Neither one would be happy if Temari decided not to get married because of Kankuro (and Gaara). And even if they broke tradition and Shikamaru came to live in their village, he would hate to leave Choji, his father, and several other friends behind.

Gaara seems to understand what Kankuro is feeling better than anyone. It's nice to see him worry about his brother and take the time to talk to him about all of this. They also seem to be growing closer, which is good for both of them. What thoughts does he believe Kankuro isn't ready to hear? Is it about a way to keep in touch with Temari after the marriage? Or bonding with other people, including him?

I like how you've included a best friend for Kankuro in Shiro and how there are references to other characters that the sand siblings interact with. It makes their village seem more like its own entity instead of just being there to react to Naruto or the war. I know you won't give a name for Kankuro's girlfriend, but it must be someone from the village, right? Or could another character have moved to Suna? Did you have an existing character in mind for her?

I wonder how Kankuro will come to peace with Temari's decision. It seems like this will be a slow process for him. What will their relationship be like after everything is settled? I can't wait to see what will happen next.
InoShikaChou chapter 2 . 1/1/2012
Temari and Kankuro's emotions feel very real, especially in this last section. It's nice to see them try to work through everything without getting into a fight. I liked Temari's interpretation of their relationship and how it differs from what Kankuro's therapist said. And Baki's thoughts on it too and how he cares about Kankuro's feelings in his own way. It was nice of him to share the stories of the other siblings and try to help him.

I really love how you wrote about the concept of a soul mate and how it doesn't always have to be about romance. People usually think of that first, but it's it nice to see that connection in a familial relationship or friendship too. It seems Temari doesn't feel exactly the same way about this as Kankuro does, so I wonder what will happen to their relationship if or when she marries Shikamaru and leaves the village.

Gaara's role in the story has been great too. I like how he empathizes with Kankuro just a bit more while trying to make peace between his siblings. What does he have to say that he believes Kankuro isn't ready to hear? He admitted he wanted more of his brother's love in the last chapter, so will all of this bring them closer? Will they develop that soul bond that Kankuro and Temari have?
jk chapter 2 . 12/28/2011
I loved how you made the brother-sister relationship so deep. It was so lovely. It just reminds me of my own brother and our own relationship and how we influenced each other in life. Do you have siblings? I would be surprised if you didn't have siblings because you have captured the heart of what having a brother or sister means. I had a lump in my throat while reading this story. It was sooo sweet!