Reviews for Christmas at the Cabin
Stargate-Lover-Steph chapter 1 . 1/20/2016
Love this. Very cute and loved the Christmas tree light fixing thing, something all kids would love.
mmkbrook chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Loved this. It is only the begining of October, but all of a sudden-thanks to this story- I have Christmas on my mind.
DorothyOz chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Sweet! Lovely one-shot :)
Lazarus.357 chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Nicely done. Well written, and you capture the feeling of people that are doing important work - that cannot be delayed or handed off to "someone else".

Sam is doing important work - and yeah, she could get a re-assignment and follow a mommy track. But she doesn't work in selling real-estate or advertising the latest consumer gizmo. She is defending the planet against some pretty ugly customers...and if she fails, or her replacement does - Gracie, and a couple of Billion little girls like her, die in the flames of the failure.

That is why, she, and Jack, and other people like them - do what they do...and try to eke out a little taste of normalcy when they can. BTDT.
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Wonderful story! I really enjoyed it! Very cute!
HeRonFan chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
I like this story very much. It's sweet and family foundations being established. However, (not a bad however) I found myself aching for Sam and Gracie the whole time. Her child was growing up without her mother, without her being part of the traditions and only just joining it as a visitor. That's what Sam is here, a visitor. As she notices how long her daughter's hair is, there isn't a mother alive who wouldn't be re-evaluating her role. If Sam could connect with Cassie that quickly and be able to sacrifice her life for the girl she'd known for how long(?), then I think Sam would ask for reassignment. So, great story, but I think chapter 2(hint)could have Sam doing some soul searching about the need for the adrenaline rush vs "plain old motherhood".

Merry Christmas
froggy0319 chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
I really enjoyed this, as seeing them as family together was perfect :)
LAIsobel chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Sweet and perfect.

Merry Christmas :o)
steadfast chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Loved the story. Thanks.
ALIMOO1971 chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Great short story, keep up the good work
ScruffyLovin chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Very sweet Christmas fic. I really enjoyed it. :)
Schatze8210 chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
How about a sequel for next year with Sam still at home on maternity leave?
dpdp chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Happy Shipmas! Lovely story.
Sosa chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Always enjoy your stories but must admit I really don't like the thought of a mother who would agree to be apart that much from her young child for her career. Smacks of being selfish (and I'm a full-time working mom). Sorry - just my thoughts.