Reviews for A Life Like Potions
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
I found another one I have yet to review. Oh my! I'm slowly fixing this problem.

Severus is such a tradegic character. But I think you captured him beautifully here. He was very in character, though I would've thought you would've made a reference to Lily being his sun.

The last line remains my favorite and I really adore the reference to life being like a potion. It's very fitting and it works well with what we know of Severus and his love of potions. And it's very true - we get what we deserve out of life, just like a potion is made of everything you put into it.

Overall, very lovely.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
This is such a fascinating take on Severus. I absolutely love it. You did a phenomenal job using all of the prompt words without seeming to force them into your writing. I don't see any spelling or grammar issues other than toward the end where you write "because it feels like he's doingsomething" where there should be a space between the words. I love how you focus on Sev's need for consistency and getting what he's earned which is why he loves Potions so much.

"...because when you combine the right ratio of powdered root of asphodel with an infusion of wormwood and stir three times clockwise, you get the Draught of Living Death – every time" Brilliant.
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Can I just say I love alliteration? It truly is an art-form. And you did beautifully at using some of the words, I never could've come up with something like that for Sulfur and Sunflower. It was good. I wishhhh Lily could've made a thought appereance... but she might've ruined it, so I like how it turned out :D
zeshadesofjustice chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Hi! Im reviewing here for the Review Challenge/Game thread thingy mcbob in the HPFC :) Dont worry though, Ill post it there too.

I really liked this piece, although it did seem to be kind of...well, it didnt feel completely full. In my opinion, this piece cant be considered complete unless it has Lily in it (but then again, its a known fact that I absolutely LOVE the two of them). With the exception of her missing, you did a fantastic job writing him! I like the metaphor of life being like a potion. When I read the first few lines I was interestsed to see how that metaphor was going to play out, and you did a good job of it! I am very proud of you and glad that I picked this piece to read!
Evon1222 chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
This is really sad. Though I could totally see this being real for Severus. The bit about how he liked potions because it was a set of rules that worked every time was very moving, in that it was very true. People don't come with a set of rules. The rules of human interaction adapt and change from one moment to the next.

The only thing that I saw missing here was his friendship and love for Lily. His ties to Lily played a big part in his life. Other than that though, I think you did an excellent job on this.
DramioneLurver chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Aw, I love your characterization of Severus! The metaphor of life being potion brewing was brilliant and original - and very fitting for Sev's personality. The way you included all of your 's' prompts was so smooth, I wouldn't even have known that you had to use them if you hadn't listed them beforehand! Your writing was wonderful, and I particularly enjoyed the line about Sev thinking about belonging in Gryffindor because he relishes having a cause and his immediate horror at that thought. Severus Snape in a nut-shell, folks.

Nice work!
DanceThroughMyStory chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Well really, all I can say is that I loved your story. Well-written and beautifull. Your portrayel of Severus's life was fascinating.

Trixy