Reviews for Subtle Bravery
Flynnigan Rider chapter 2 . 12/27/2012
I always loved Andy best. :)
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 5 . 4/1/2012
Ah this was all so good, and I loved how you made each one a little drabble, instead of a full blown story. You got the heart of it out in the open. I especially loved the Black ladies, and how everything tied back to that one inherited Black trait. I always thought it was insanity, but your looked deeper, and you've got it on the nose.
MissSadieKane chapter 4 . 2/24/2012
I love the last line of this, because however much Bella is horrible and cruel, she still has one good quality and that's loyalty. (A picture of her in Hufflepuff just came into my head - and I wonder what on earth would have happened if she had been). I also admire her strong will and belief in what she thinks is right and her willingness to do what's necessary to make things right. The only difference is the fact that I think that 'the cause' is barbaric.
MissSadieKane chapter 3 . 2/24/2012
I think this is a good interpretation of Regulus's character. Sirius would also say that Reg was a coward, but is this what Regulus is actually like or is this what he was made to believe by others? Because if people always tell you that you are a coward then you might think that it is true about you. I don't think he would have done what he did as an act to prove himself, and your interpretation of Regulus seems to believe the same. I like his reasons for the self sacrifice in this chapter.
MissSadieKane chapter 2 . 2/24/2012
I think you have her character spot on, and I love that Andy still cares about her sisters. If you'd been that close for 18 or so years, you wouldn't suddenly start hating them would you? I bet she felt bad when Bellatrix became a death eater. I also like your nickname for her - others go with the latter part of the name.
HedwigBlack chapter 5 . 2/23/2012
I've read all of these and I love them. The Black family is so dysfunctional but I love how you made each of them so relatable. And I think you have everyone's character spot on. I think my favorite was Reg's. I like the use of nicknames too btw. The last line for him was so perfect. "So he dies a silent hero- he's never needed a blaze of glory." Awesome
struckbydaydreams chapter 5 . 2/6/2012
I loved this story, that's all I can say about it nothing negative at all
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
Great - the Reg and Cissy ones in particular really struck a chord. Nice work
Mrs. 11th chapter 5 . 12/19/2011
I always like Narcissa. She saved Harry Potter's life, for her family.
MissingMommy chapter 2 . 12/19/2011
It's nice to see Andy painted like this, a true Slytherin with moments of Gryffindor bravery. Because choosing Ted was quite brave. I wonder what all her reasons for picking Ted was and those for staying with her family.

I only saw one mistake and it was "what her life would be life with Ted" - I think you meant like. Other than that I saw no mistakes.

Well done :)
CaseyRachel88 chapter 5 . 12/18/2011
These are all lovely! Great idea, nicely done. You really capture each character quite well!
Asking Me Where My Love Grows chapter 4 . 12/18/2011
I read Sirius and then I liked it so much that I decided to read the rest of them.(:

these are really, really good. Short, short & to the point but not too rushed.

My favorite was either the one about Reg where he stumbled through life or Bella being convinced that the Dark Lord was right, not crazy. I think the one about Andromenda was spot on and so was Sirius. They all sounded really great.
Gamma Orionis chapter 4 . 12/18/2011
I loved all of these. So much.

Sirius - I adore the correlation you drew between Gryffindor loyalty and Black family loyalty. It fits in perfectly with his character, and with Black family values.

Andromeda - people so rarely really portray Slytherin qualities in Andromeda (in fact, a lot of people seem to think she's a Ravenclaw, for some reason), so this was really a refreshing perspective. I also enjoyed how much she loved her sisters, but that she felt choosing Ted was the right thing to do. Fantastic characterization.

Regulus - Aww, poor boy. You did a wonderful job of conveying the fact that, deep down, he was just a frightened child. But the end - the part about him being a silent hero - was just fantastic, because it made him sound so noble.

Bellatrix - This one just... made me happy. (Because I'm me). I love that you interpret Bellatrix's motivations as conviction and bravery rather than insanity.

I can honestly find nothing bad to say here. It was just... fantastic.
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 2 . 12/18/2011
Great idea - I can't wait to read the rest!