Reviews for Ten Minutes to the End
Ani-DP-TT-PJ-H-Ben10 Fan chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Oh! Update this! I love, love, love, love it!
Wintermoth chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
more? o.o
Zaabeth chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Damn, well that sucks. Good story though. Nice one-shot. Well done.
Thalia's Royal King chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
OMG! CONTINUE! YOU CAN'T IT HERE!
Zarianwen chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
This was amazing. Ingenious. I'm going to be thinking about this one long after I step away from this computer!
DeathBySugarCube chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
you're continuing it? Now that I have to read!
nycorrall chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Wow. That was intense and, might I add, beautifully written.
HaiJu chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
Wow, this is amazing.

I loved the way you had a complex backstory but only referred to it obliquely up until Maddie's convenient fill-you-in speech, how you let the tension build throughout the story as we're trying to figure out what the heck is going on. And then you slowly revealed it and the situation kept getting worse and worse. It was like watching a train wreck- in a good way.

What really makes this engaging is the pacing. I could literally feel my heart rate going up as I read it because you got across so well that feeling that something really awful was going to happen. Tucker with his countdown punctuating the dialogue was a great way to do this. And you let Jazz's cynicism bleed through in the narrative, which is bleak, terse, and sparing on the descriptive details.

Something weirded me out, though, and I had to go back and read it again before I realized that it was in present tense. Wow. It's really rare to find something present tense, third person, at least on this site. It felt a little off, like I said, but just because I hardly ever read it. It absolutely added to the urgent feeling, so I think it was a good choice.

It puts a new twist on the reveal fic idea, too, because in this situation either Danny or everyone else could very easily end up dead if it's dealt with badly, but it desperately needs to be dealt with, so they can't keep the secret.

I kind of love that it ends on that 'we're all doomed' note from Jazz, the primary character. Really it could go either way at this point. Man, there's so much potential for interesting story here if you continued it...but it also works so well as a oneshot.

In short, I like it very much. Crazy, intense, and very well executed.

-Hj
IllusoryMisconceptions chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
I like it, I hope you plan on continuing this soon, because that was an evil cliffhanger ;)

But even if you don't, I do think it stands on its own quite nicely; it's a great topic for a oneshot, especially since it tells a whole story in such a short amount of words. I'm only more and more impressed with your writing :D

I do really like the way it's written in the present tense, it kind of gives it this whole sense of urgency. As for flaws, I can't see any, so I'll just say good luck writing more of this ;)
Codiak chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
This was great. I liked the anticipation leading up to the big moment. :D

;)
Fugitive of Gray chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Fantastically morbid. Great for a one-shot, I would tap that for a multi-chapter story though.

FoG
MsFrizzle chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Yes, please finish it.
Lady Rae of Ravenclaw chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Please continue this. I'm alerting it just in case. :)

(If you do continue this, be sure to save Danny, Tucker, Sam and Jazz. It will make it all the better even if they're the only ones still alive.)
Shenzuul chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Whoaaaaaaaa! That was so suspenseful that for some reason I'm giggling, even though it isn't funny at all. My bones are shivering. Good job.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
I'd like to see it continued :) this sounds pretty interesting.