Reviews for How A Hero Bleeds
This was really good.
Tatertot1104 chapter 21 . 4/24
X.D I'm sooooo happy for you! Congrats on what you have been able to achieve! I'm happy to have Kept up with this(more than happy actually but its really early and my brain is dead)!
Finally you update! :D I'm glad Richie got to stay in Dakota with his other family! The ending was beautiful. Thank you, thank you, thank you! And congrats on your recovery as well!
XxMagicxX chapter 1 . 4/1
Omg this is amazing.
This is really good . Please update soon.
Richi chapter 20 . 1/26
This story always gives me shivers. Static shock is where I got my perfered name, funnily enough. I think it suits me. I love the story, I hope you update it soon!
Depressed Chibi chapter 20 . 1/12
Just found this story and let me just say, it's pretty darn good.

I'm glad to hear that you fought these others of your own. Hope you're still okay.
Mrs.Morpheus chapter 20 . 10/21/2014
Update!( please think this in the voice if the humpday camel). Yay you updated! I'm so happy!
alexzjohnsonfan23 chapter 20 . 10/21/2014
Holy smokes! I thought this was never going to update! I'm so happy that it did! I love this story so much. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Cyborg 009 Girl chapter 19 . 5/10/2014
Oh my God! This story is so amazing! I was waiting for the update! I can't wait to finish it! Poor Richie! :'( I kinda like Sean Foley as a side character after the episode, "Sons of the Fathers," but after this story... I broke down and cried because I feel Richie's pain... I used to self harm to escape my pain and it's really unnerving how sone people respond to that kind of thing. (My boyfriend suffers depression and I came out of the closet and told him that I used to do it... Let's just say that he was pissed at me...) I know the feeling of being beaten by someone cuz I was beat as kid by a former felon who was really fucked up on drugs, while my mother stood by and watched him do it. Excellent story and I'm glad that your surgery went well. Cookies for the author :*

Please please please update!
randomguest101 chapter 19 . 5/7/2014
Wow! Well, I'm glad you stopped writing! Believe me, I know how writing can effect the writer, it's a good thing you stopped when you did!

I really like your story, I was really surprised to see a new chapter.

I have to tell you though, and I know this may get me some backlash, but I think some people, including yourself might like to know. I'm guessing you got that thing about the creator viewed Richie as gay from the WatcherOfThe2000's review on YouTube; even if your didn't I’ve heard other people say it before his vid came out. Anyway, I actually put in the link to the website he used to support his statement (yes I typed it in by hand), but when I tried to look around the site, or follow “Dwayne’s” profile back to his profile page, or the home page of the website, I got the run-around as it were. Prior to that, however, I had already done some extensive research (dozens of hours over a four year period) into the show and this subject, and all that I found actually led me to the opposite conclusion for Richie's sexuality. Now don't get me wrong, I'm open to whatever he would have been, and perhaps they would have made him that way had they been given the green light to do that episode which I would have loved, having read the comics version (warning, it's not PC, it's not mean, but it's not PC). I've also read a number of interviews (actually documented interviews). In one, Chris Simmons (story editor for Static Shock) touched on Richie’s character, if only slightly saying, and I quote, "Richie is essentially an amalgam of three friends of Virgil's from the comic." Those 3 friends are, Felix (loves to laugh, tries tepidly to stay out of trouble, and gets hurt often), Chuck Kane (always has something to say-often a jab at somebody, is a hero worshiper-a “super groupie”, and is a little clueless sometimes, loyal and would go to bat for a friend, has a temper) and of course Rick Stone (kinda quiet, seems to be introverted even after coming out in issue 16 of Static from 1994, dresses like a hipster, good listener, easy to talk to, defensive). As you can see, Richie has most, if not all, of these characteristics; however, when I read the comics (I have 30 of them and plan to get the rest) I was very surprised at how different Richie and Rick are from each other to the point where I had to do a double take. His personality and mannerisms seem, in my opinion, come more from Chuck, who is more of the louder, comedian of the group (besides Virgil of course), and is always cracking jokes. Even the speech pattern (as much as you can garner from comics as they relate to cartoon) seemed more in line with Chuck’s. Richie and Rick also have their similarities; they’re defensive (Rick more than Richie, Richie can have a temper), like tech (although I only saw Rick working on tech once in a very early comic, and heard him mention it maybe twice). But while they do have their simularities, Rick seems very much to be an introvert while Richie is obviously an extrovert, not to say they just couldn’t change the personality, but why would you if your just going to use the same character. So, he seems to me at least, to be more like Chuck, but here’s the rub on all of us - Chuck is a homophobic! I AM IN NO WAY EVEN DARING TO SUGGEST THAT RICHIE IS A HOMOPHOBE! Far From It! He seems like a very accepting person (which is one of the reasons I think we, the fans, love him). I’m simply presenting the facts I’ve found over 5 years of searching for them. I am not trying to argue with anyone, and if you want to think of him that way I’m in no way trying to sway your from your view, I simply wanted to present the facts. Lastly, on a personal note, (incase you may be thinking I’m a homophobic which I Am Not!) I wish they had used Rick Stone in the show too! I love Rick, he’s awesome! Usually when I see a minority or homosexual character in anything (including this show when I first found it) I think TOKEN! But Virgil, Rick, and many other characters in the Milestone universe/Dakotaverse are far from that, and that’s what I love Milestone and thank God DC hasn’t used them any more than they have, because I don’t want them to ruin them! Just put Static’s show on DVD and then leave my boy alone until you [DC] get your crap together! Personally I like to think of the two as family so they could be in the same media together; my vote is for cousins. BTW, that fan fic is mine! : )
I didn’t tell you (or anyone who reads this review) this to make you feel bad, angry, or burst your bubble, or make you not want to right your story (which I really hope you stay with so long as it won’t cause a relapse, because I love it; it’s one of the few stories to ever make me cry!). Of course, you’ll think whatever you want obviously, I just thought that you, and others may be interested in some facts instead of what Watcher had put out. Maybe it will keep people from spreading something else not exactly on the up and up from that guy in the future, or at least cause them to have some pause about it. And even if what Watcher put in his video was written by Dwayne, it means that in 5 eps. and kinda the 4th season was Richie gay, because Dwayne only wrote 5 eps. and was executive producer on the the fourth season. But again, “‘To each his own’, said the woman as she kissed her cow,”
Anyway, sorry for the insanely long review post, really hope you keep up with your story! RG101 : D
PS. Here’s the link to the interview I quoted; .
And another just for big time fans; . ?cat38
Tatertot1104 chapter 19 . 4/25/2014
I'm sooooooooooo happy to read that you are doing okay. I was worried. :) Thank you for letting us readers know that you have something going on and that you needed to take a break. This is one of my fanforite fanfictions. XD
I like the new title. :) I enjoyed the other title. It was very catchy. I look forward to future updates and I hope you won't find anymore triggers.
Mrs.Morpheus chapter 19 . 4/25/2014
Yay! It's back! Update :D i really don't want richie to move away but it's his moms choice :'( and that part about betting on how long virgil would last with daisy was so in character! Love it!
rioludoodle chapter 18 . 2/17/2014
I've read this whole fic over, and I have to say, it's a really good one. A little too dark, and full of angst for my taste, but realistic and with a few lighter spots every now and then. I enjoyed reading what there's been so far.
animelover5000 chapter 18 . 8/26/2013
Oh my gosh! This story is so amazing. Poor richie! I so hope you continue this! I know it's late but I'm glad your surgery went well. :) thank you so much for writing this.