Reviews for Masquerade
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 40 . 11/29
Really enjoyed reading this modern variation of P&P. It has pride and prejudice but not pride about social status but of misunderstandings and being too proud to clear things. And I really like in modern way this makes more sense, oh there are still snobs too many but yet most are not, so I really liked this premise very much.

Infact when real misunderstanding was revealed I really put hands on my face why didn't just Darcy swallowed his pride and just ask Lizzy why she was behaving distant, or when later he never found her supposed date why he didn't clear things out. But then I guess we wouldn't have got this beautiful story.

Wickham is really really bad in this one, and this story did downplay role of police quite a lot, he should have been arrested first time he assualted Georgina (attempt is crime as well) and after two consecutive crimes. Anyways he got what he deserved and at end Will being the one to find him finally sits true with original plot so yes my earlier criticism was unwarranted, I just got outraged with his fourth heinous crime. Kidnapping of Kitty was also good plot twist because in most modern tells I can't understand how Lydia (generally above age of consent) willfully going with George can be crime, so it was infact very well written plot.

The way this story slowly builds relationship between them and their joint care of Georgiana is awesome, I really appreciate inspite of their sleeping together first time (albeit due to mistaken identity) things weren't rushed and it gave more practical and real life apperance to it. I also like this more mature Jane who constanly warns Lizzy and tries to correct her stubborn prejudices.

All in all a wonderful story.
Arcane Warrior 2012 chapter 35 . 11/29
Till now I've been enjoying this story so much I thought I would leave one summarised comment at last but Wickham's perfidy brought me to write this one.

Once was necessary, second time with Lizzy was plot, third time when he crashed Georgie's car was understandable as this story wants to portray him as one of worst Wickham character ever.

But this 4th time was totally uncalled for, are police really that incompetent? Two separate investigations for two crimes, with past history of crime and both investigations already being coordinated and yet he strikes again. And this IMO just puts a brake on wonderful and smooth pace this story was moving towards an ending I was very much in anticipation.

And I also wanted to point out somewhere in story ot is mentioned attempt to rape is not crime, I'm not aware of law in England, but in US and India two places I'm familiar with it is. Any action to outrage modesty of woman is crime, and if attempt is associated with any inuries it is treated as assault to harm as well.
I don't know if you're planning to write anymore P&P stories but yours have been fantastic. I usually don't read one-shots bc I'm often left wanting more but I've loved the other 3 stories just as much as Masquerade.
brynnjour chapter 30 . 10/3
Yay Richard!
brynnjour chapter 27 . 10/3
Very sweet chapter! I have to admit to being a little thrown off by some of the previous chapters. Somehow the earlier misunderstanding between them just fell a little flat for me, but maybe that's because I'm all about high stakes lol. Now that things are back on track the story is easier for me to follow and I really loved the couch scene. It feels much more realistic.
brynnjour chapter 26 . 10/3
The ending of this chapter was really cute! I love Lizzie's resolve to take things slowly lol.
brynnjour chapter 22 . 9/27
Oh, Lizzie. Everyone knows you bring your best jammies to a sleepover.
brynnjour chapter 18 . 9/27
What has Darcy done all these years that was so terrible, anyway? Just like... been a boss?

Get to it already, Lizzie!
brynnjour chapter 16 . 9/27
Okay, solidly team Jane/Georgie after that.

ALWAYS FILE A REPORT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.
brynnjour chapter 15 . 9/27
Okay, point Darcy for taking my earlier advice.

However, how is it that no one called the police? No wonder GW keeps raping ladies all over town. If his kneejerk reaction is just to rape a person, I'm surprised he's still walking the streets at all. It seems like something should have happened to him by now, given that he's in the military and they have a code of conduct that he probably would have broken by now with like 500 reports of assault in his file.

Also, I think it might be a good idea to include a disclaimer about sexual assault in either your blurb or on the prologue page. For people who have experienced something like this it can be difficult to read about, even in a safe fictional setting, especially with no warning (attempted sexual assault, rape, violence, etc.)

Just a thought.
brynnjour chapter 14 . 9/27

DO NOT GO.

Seriously if Darcy just told her that whole story about Georgiana and doesn't follow her to the damn restaurant I'd write him off too.
brynnjour chapter 11 . 9/27
No, Lizzie.

Do not go on a date with Wickham.

Do not do it, Lizzie.

Do not.

Do not go.
brynnjour chapter 10 . 9/27
OH MY WORD x2

Okay, so kudos to Lizzie because I totally would have just lied and said I was drunk.

Telling the truth is like a trillion times more horrible, but our girl did it!

Big girl panties! Big girl panties!

Can't wait to see what happens next!
brynnjour chapter 8 . 9/26
Okay, so I am dying laughing right now. I didn't think anything could top the last chapter but I was wrong. Mr. Bennet seeing Lizzie's phone was the icing on the cake.

:: slow claps::

Well done.
brynnjour chapter 7 . 9/26
OH MY WORD

That was so well done! There are so many masquerade-style variations that seem totally impossible, but you kept it feeling feasible and funny (even if it is a bit ridiculous) the whole time! And oh yeah DARCY IS HOT.

10/5 stars for you on this chapter. 10/5.

1,218 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »