Reviews for Of Thorns and Wilted Roses
ExilEden chapter 15 . 2/7/2012
Hooray, more Kir/Ileeya fluff! Now that I have an image of what they look like in my head, I'm even more touched by the tender scene. And I like how you closed the chapter with the final sentence "he didn't trust himself". Very fitting. By the way, the picture I'm working on is going well. I've shaded Ileeya's hair and did a semi-permanent sketch of Kir in the same picture. Of course, he is err, wearing only a towel at the moment because I suck at drawing elaborate fancy armor that WoW is full of...so yeah. ;

Great job!
WolfPaladin chapter 15 . 2/7/2012
Well, well...so the uptight Baros ALexston is actually coming down to reality by dealing with Ravenholdt...a nice change.

As for that Forsaken scumbag bunch...well, I promise just one thing - Sylvanas Windrunner and her ilk will not die pleasantly - at least in my little fic.

And at long last...a stronger rapport between Kirlothenin and Ileeya...that was quite touching, that was.

All in all, a fantastic chapter! This invoked such strong emotions that I had to pace around in my room until I cooled off.

P.S. - I humbly request permission to temporarily borrow your characters for a story. Please PM me as soon as is convenient for you.
WolfPaladin chapter 14 . 2/4/2012
Hmm...expected that that damned Forsaken bunch would show up, but considerably surprised at Lord Ravenholdt's surprisingly fair judgement.

Mathias Shaw is just too nice a guy for the number of ways he knows to kill people. :P

Yet again you have left me on a cliffhanger from which I look apprehensively at what is yet to come. Keep it going, it brings quite the high! :D
wolf12373 chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
This was an interesting story. I enjoyed reading it. I liked how you created the tensions between the characters and also put in some lighthearted moments to keep things balanced.

I noticed that in some parts that you might have been better using different words

"And he will claim Ileeya as the sold goods she was. The infant will be his as well"

I think "would" would work better than "will" in spots like this, just a suggestion.
KagomeAngel91 chapter 13 . 1/31/2012
Grrr I hate Lara...and Ileeya is awesome in aquatic form!
WolfPaladin chapter 13 . 1/30/2012
Nice to see that Kir can have a lighter side. :)

Adam...well, what else can you expect, from a human?

As for Jerold and Co., all I can say is the standard Worgen phrase - "I got a bad feelin'".

Yet another nice chapter. Keep it coming!
ExilEden chapter 13 . 1/29/2012
Every time I read this story, I fall more and more in love with it. I wish there were more reviews because you clearly deserve it. And now that Lara is going to try to use this to her advantage, the plot gets even more complicated and interesting.

I'm glad to see that Ileeya is sort of 'falling in love again' with Kir. No one said that falling in love had a certain order to it - they're doing it in their own way!

I was wondering, can you tell me what physical descriptions Ileeya and Kir have so I can draw them and maybe someday make a fanart dedicated to this fic? THAT's how much I enjoy reading OTWR. I'm talking about hair color, hair styles (if you can show me a model, or you can just describe it), etc. You don't have to do any of this of course, it's just I'd like to do something for the story in my spare time. Thanks! :)
surreal chapter 12 . 1/22/2012
"She switched into her elven form and looked around. Kirlothenin waved and called to her, but she turned away as if she didn't hear or see him."

Haha, I kind of cracked up at this part. I think maybe, just maybe a small part of Ileeya ignored him on purpose. XD Girls are kind of like that.
WolfPaladin chapter 12 . 1/22/2012
And so Dormir makes his...erm...stormy appearance?

Well, that forsaken selling them out was a bit delayed. But fully expected.

Honestly, I don't get why she didnt flee earlier. I expected nothing more than a swift dagger in Kirlothenin's back, a grin and a flash - poof, gone! Sappy blood elf moron...

Adam's grudge is understandable. Even with the added stubbornness to not accept the situation.

Jelune is out cold...hmph. Typically like him to be asleep when he's needed the most. Stupid huntards...

In this chapter, the girls shine with their commonsense! And it doesn't include that filthy forsaken filth who portaled away.

Yet again, an exceptional chapter. Which makes the wait for the next one more agonising!
surreal chapter 11 . 1/20/2012
Ooh, the twension rises! I love how you didn't make Ileeya into a jealous, insecure, or spiteful woman just because N'lar is found. The way she is written is very professional. If you were to make her jealous, insecure, etc, as soon as she saw Kir and N'lar, the story would be too predictable. I hope to see more! This story really deserves more reviews!
WolfPaladin chapter 10 . 1/16/2012
Now that's the way to go! Seems that the Humans do have a backbone when its' needed.

Judging by the way the Forsaken bit into that rat, I guess they're not going to find it easy to escape the Forsaken Kingdom of Lordaeron.

Query: Are those Worgen from the Gilneas Liberation Front?

Query: N'Lar...wait, that was Kirlothenin's wife, wasn't she? Listed as MIA in the Second War?

Analysis: Awesome chapter, yet again! You have me on tenterhooks for the next one!
WolfPaladin chapter 9 . 1/13/2012
This chapter has quite the bit of intrigue, I must say. :D

Interesting to note the Humans who have a rather foolish tendency to over-rationalise the trivial and under-rationalise the important...just like the real world.

Jelune will protect? Not likely. :P

Lord Boxley seems to have more brains than I expected...

Mathias Shaw finally developed a sense of emotion? That's quite something, given his normally icy demeanour whenever he greets players...

All in all, yet another great chapter. Looking forward to see some combat in the next!
WolfPaladin chapter 6 . 1/5/2012
Hmm...the wuss of a Noble seems more courageous than expected. Intriguing.

Of course, he could just run and start a war after blathering to Wrynn. Though judging by his character so far, it seems somewhat unlikely.

As always, Jelune is being an idiot.

Either way, Impressive!
WolfPaladin chapter 5 . 1/3/2012
Yet again, you have created a chapter that can evoke the strongest of emotions in the reader. Nice work!

Next time I raid the Undercity, I'll reserve some "Special Treatment" for the Apothecaries.

Can't really bring myself to hate the Forsaken thug who caught them, though. He's just being who he is - Undead. That's incurable, unless you give them a dose of pure, unreasoning violence or a Smite of Lite.
WolfPaladin chapter 2 . 12/22/2011
As the Worgen say - "I got a bad feeling."

Especially with regards to Dam - what he's going to do, and what will happen to him. Since this is Azeroth, where Lady Luck seems to have some strange fun torturing mere mortals. :P
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »