Reviews for Darkness
ShoutFinder chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
I enjoyed this :) Quite a good idea, the Divines all having a good long chat about their next batch of heroes. Of course, I portray all of them quite differently, but heh, I still like how they're displayed in this chapter. Ah, the wonders of Divines, eh? Though I pictured them up in the sky rather than underground...
Lord Jacob Of Writing chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
A very origianl idea! I like originality, as long as it's not a slash. *Shakes fist angrily*
It was very interesting to see the Nine Divines bickering, instead of being portrayed as serious, unrelatable beings.
Talos rather reminds me of Ares, his brusque manner.
It was funny the way the Gods are browsing through a list of all mortals to find their ideal hero. It would be a great idea, I think, to add the next meeting of the Divines for discussing the issue of Alduin. Or maybe even do a meeting of the Daedric princes? Just a random thought.
I found no obvious problems in the story, in fact I very much enjoyed reading it! The language was excellent, the idea was excellent and dialogue was excellent.
Thumbs up from me!
Orion The Awesome chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
The gods are in constant argument it seems. The Argonian Turner was not mentioned though... This is the only thing I see in this that I do not believe is amazing. Amazing story as always and you should make a chapter for the people in "One by One". :P
ASHPoD67 chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
I love this. Enough Said.
Commentaholic - Alpha 02 chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Finally got around to reviewing this... *tries to remember what he read*

ah, yes.

An interesting way of depicting the divines. I certainly never thought about what they looked like. Chalk it up to being lazy with my mind.

You did well, though. The whole story showed a sort of grim focus once they got down to business. Think they'll reconvene for Skyrim?
Nevvarchive chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
This...

I never thought about the Nine Divines.

But this made me totally picture them!

Great writing, and interesting idea on how they choose the heroes. lol
DeusExfreak chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
That was really interesting. It's certainly not how I would expect the Nine Divines to act, but since they bring this up, I hold that in your favor, not against you.

I will note this sentence "The shadows danced around the large round table as they leapt in fear of the moving flame violently onto the stark brick walls." had to be read a few times for me to understand it. Also, I feel in the beginning a lot of your sentences were run-ons.

But really, interesting concept. It might have been cool to include something on why they weren't "divine" though, like perhaps Mankar Camoran was correct and they were merely Lorkahn's mutinous lackies, or something along those lines.
RavingSunshine chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Hehe I liked this. It's nice to finally see the gods doing SOMETHING since it's usually up to the hero with little to no help from them (well there was that one time with Martin...) Oh you should make a Skyrim chapter please, so we can see Talos be piiiiissed (as the person below me stated)
Whatshisface v.2 chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Huh...So THAT'S what a medievel Board meeting looks like! :D

If there's gonna be a chapter about SKYRIM, I bet Talos is gonna be piiiiiissssssed.
SneakyDevil chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Perfect, bloody perfect

Always wondered how they picked heros

It was something like this or the did Enie Menie Minie Moe
DualKatanas chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
The Nine, eh? And their Heroes? Intriguing.

Yuck? YUCK? *Snorts with laughter* Ah, how unDivine... then again, I often wonder what the Divines are actually like. It makes sense that they wouldn't be the grave, serious, omniscient beings that mortals think of them as... makes sense that they'd be more like those mortals themselves. Too bad that I can't compare this with any solid lore.

Dibella wears only her hair, it seems... fitting. Also relevant to her 'Yuck'.

Makes sense that 'newcomer' Mr. Septim would be like that. I guess his 'new' Divinity means that he can now speak properly again. Ruling Tamriel while barely able to speak must have been taxing sometimes.

Hmm. I don't like the Arty-spec Mara, I've decided. Too bitchy. Or maybe it's because I'm a fan of Talos... though I doubt it.

Ah, they're meeting in Tamriel... the plot thickens. Or does it? Maybe this is the most logical place... or is it? Can they have discussions like this where they reside normally? Or maybe they can't... or maybe I'm starting to sound like Sheogorath. A worrying thought.

Man/Dragon? Well, that one's so obvious that I guessed who he was even before he arrived. Yes, I'm psychic, you know that. And it also makes sense that Julianos is late... it's fitting, from what we know of him (i.e: very little (though the same could be said of most of the Divines)).

'the ThirdEra is rather strewn with blood' - Yes, it is, but you also need a space between 'Third' and 'Era'.

Talos is the messenger to Uriel? Fitting. You do meet him in Morrowind, after all. In Ghostgate, just before you enter Red Mountain for the final battle. Nice bloke. Of course, as he was a Nord calling himself Wulf I had no idea who he was until he gave me his coin...

You'd have thought that Akatosh would remember something as significant of the race of a previous Hero...

I LOVE how they just... spec Heroes like you'd spec the optional extras list on, say, a Lamborghini Aventador. LOVE IT.

Three champions, yes... three Heroes? Not sure about their Heroic status, myself. Obviously, Idari was a Hero, but Seanturco and the Divine Crusader? Sure, they completed questlines, but... Heroes? Not sure. Don't think so. Not in the capital sense, anyhow.

The long-windedness of Julianos is fitting. The whining of Kynareth, however, is not. I wouldn't expect an immortal Divine to be petulant. This is important, after all.

'their time of the FirstEra' - You're missing a space again. It's in evidence earlier as well, with 'mustwe'. Might be an error with your italics.

'Whenever the god of life and death spoke, everybody paid attention.' - And so they should. Arkay is my second-favourite Divine, and I have utterly no idea why.

'"Then perhaps we ought to pair them up with an Orsimer?" Dibella chuckled. "They are surely brusque enough to put any self-obsessed Altmer in their place.' - How right you are, Dibella... how right you are...

And so Rush's fate is separated from her sister's merely on the whim of Julianos. Me like.

Ah, yes... when they talk about Uriel VII, they're talking about Talos's great-great(insert many 'great's here)-grandson. Easy to forget that sometimes.

Relighting the Dragonfires? is that all? Can they not forsee what Dagon will accomplish... are they underestimating him? All very interesting, this.

*Keeps nodding* Yarp. That's Idari for you. Good choice. Well, she WAS a good choice; she worked, at least. Well done, Divines. And well done, Arty, for writing this thing. It's interesting, for sure, and while I can't say you've captured the Divines well or not, it's been a good read. The fruit of random thoughts is often worth reading...
HunterAzrael chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
I love your view of the Divines. Very accurate, I think. Any reason you didn't add in their choosing a Dovahkiin? :P

Cheers!