Reviews for Effortless
ce sont les petits choses chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
I am absolutely in love with this story. Your characterizations are spot on with the image of them that I had in my mind, and the character development throughout the story was wonderful. I really didn't expect Roxanne and Phoebe but I love the little plottwist and that it wasn't a cliche thing where she gets together with Albus. Also, that ending? Perf. Favourited! :)
Cammie Cassia Chase chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
I love it. :)
-Cam
coeur de verre chapter 1 . 4/24/2013
This was very very well written. I like that this wasn't just about Rose/Scorpius, but that you included her relationships with her cousins and friends too. It's definitely refreshing to read a fic where the characters start off as acquaintances, then friends, then slowly fall in love with each other, as opposed to just immediately from the first train ride. Great job!
le petit soleil chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
this is amazing. :D

i'm in love with scorpius/rose and the way you executed this was perfect. i also like phoebe, who is a wonderful character, and i like the fact that she and roxanne are together.

albus asking lydia wood to the ball reminded me of fred asking angelina to the ball. x) they're both smooth.

all in all, this was asdfghjkl brilliant. :)
DavinaMoon chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Wonderfully beautiful. I loved it!
aprilpowers chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
such a cute story! I love the characterization of Scorpius here; he's not just all snark and jerkiness.
liltinglullaby chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
This was sweet and I loved the way their relationship developed and changed over the years. :)

The twist about Phoebe and Roxanne was interesting and startling. Definitely didn't see that coming, haha.

Rose was very real with her flaws and all and it's a very believable portrayal of her character. I liked Scorpius too.

I like how you give subtle hints about how Scorpius feels for Rose, with all the touching and looks. And I liked how Albus saw everything and kept interfering and setting up :)

All in all very enjoyable.
Scorpius Malfoys chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Whoa, that was LONG. But I made it till the end and it sure as hell was worth it! That was wonderful really, although personally, I would've liked their 'confession scene' to be a bit more longer :3

Heh, I'm a fluff monster extravagant. Anywho, I think you wrote that pretty well and I loved the story, so kudos!

-U-BEE-EM.
lowi chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Oh my. Liss, this was absolutely gorgeous. And I didn't even mind the ScorRose! :O what? How? ;)

I think it was something about this being so unique, completely creative and just BRILLIANT. :3

FAVOURITE THINGS:

okay, first of all: Scorpius. He was so sweet and kind and blushing and funny and I loved him.

and Al! He was sorta badass and really you know, mean, and I just adjkhfsafhk loved him. :3

And Rose. Ofc. I loved that she was a singer and everything.

Phoebe. SO COOL I WANT HER AS BEST FRIEND.

Rox/Phoebe. &hearts (You knew that, huh? XD)

Hugo. So adorable.

YES THIS WAS BRILLIANT LISS. &hearts
no cure for crazy chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
The whole thing was amazing.

I love how you went through all seven years of their friendship and then a relationship at the end...how they didn't like each other at first and grew into a relationship and then into something more...It kind of reminded me of Ron and Hermione at some points while reading it. :P
SilenceIsCompliance chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
This story is so so soooo cute! Absolutely amazing job! I enjoyed it immensely, by far one of the best stories I have ever read. Truly amazing job!
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
I loved this. I think you did an amazing job writing ScorpiusRose and I hope to read more from you! Keep up the awesome work!
A Fire in the Attic chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
This is so adorable and I love it. I really like how Scorpius is a bit more shy than usual when it comes to Rose. Usually he's all bold and stuff. But I feel like this was perfect.
Mrs. HopeEstheim chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
You asked me to review, so here it is! :)

What did I like about it?

Well, to start with, your style is just gorgeous. You kept it in present-tense, which I personally find hard to do and find the story that much better for it. Also, I liked the sometimes subtle and sometimes not-so-subtle humor. For instance:

"How could you tell? Because I have red hair and more freckles than sprinkles on an ice-cream cone?"

- That line made me giggle like a silly little girl for a moment. Sometimes it's not hard to make me laugh, but I was in one of my more difficult moods when I read your story. So, kudos to you! A silly little thing to laugh at, but funny nonetheless.

I love the attitudes you give to the characters. I don't usually picture Albus that way, but it makes sense given that he's James Potter's grandson AND a Slytherin, to boot. And I kind of like him portrayed as this cocky, arrogant sort. I like how Scorpius doesn't call her Rose for the most part and how at one point she's finally given up trying to get him to call her by her name.

Another thing that most people WON'T do that I kind of liked is that you had Phoebe and Roxanne get together. Not that this relates to the story, but it kind of tells me that you're not homophobic or anything and the truth is that I like that because I have a few very gay friends though I myself am not. Plus, it adds a little bit of an angsty feel for a while and a bit more depth to the story. All in all, I think that was a good touch.

After the Quidditch match, I like her 'flamboyant kiss' to his cheek and the flush that goes across his cheeks. I love how oblivious she is for a while and I love how their friendship is full of good-natured teasing and...yeah.

This turned out way longer than I had intended, but really, I loved the story. It's not at all as choppy as some stories with so many scene changes are and that's quite a feat. It's also very well-written and I appreciate a good piece of fan-fiction that ISN'T littered with typos or grammatical errors, and you can find that in 'Effortless'.

So...yeah. Several of the reasons that I liked it. And there are probably several more, but I can't think of them right now.

Great job. Keep up the good work, okay? :)
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
I read this when it was first published, but I wanted to get onto a computer so I could leave a proper review, and here I am, reviewing this.

This. Was. Beautiful. I loved it, it was so descriptive, and to be quite honest, one of the best ScorRose's i've read. I loved all your description, and how each character was. I loved how Rose and Scorpius were friends, and then that last section at the end was just breathtaking and beautiful and realistic. It wasn't one of those moments that just wouldn't come true. This fic just seemed so /real/.

I loved how at first, Scorpius called her Weasley all the time, and she kept reminding him her name was Rose, but he wouldn't change calling her Weasley, that was a really nice touch and it made me smile. :)

I'm just going to go ahead and dedicate a paragraph of this review to Phoebe. Um, I love her! She's a great character, I loved how she was almost the opposite to Rose, and even though they were opposites, they were such great friends. I loved her bubbly, girly personality. And I just /loved/ PhoebeRoxanne, that was a really nice twist to the usual ScorRose, and I loved how the whole fic wasn't just about RoseScorpius and all the little details of their relationship (although you managed to make it very detailed and imaginative) and there were other relationships too, which may not have been part of the main plot, but were still quite vital to the piece, and added extra volume. I loved Rose's initial thoughts when she discovered Phoebe was lesbian/bi and how she was so shocked, but then she got used to it. It seemed so realistic. I loved how after Rose had gotten over the intial shock she was really supportive and a great friend.

And I love how you mentioned raspberry pudding twice(?) I liked that that seemed to be a favourite dessert of rose's. I know that's a totally random thing to point out, but I"m scrolling back through this and that just caught my eye. :)

I just love this whole piece in general, it's so descriptive and wonderful, and as I said before realistic. Maybe I'm just repeating myself, but I have so much love for this piece! :')

"They've gotten it right on the first try, without drama or heartbreak or true hatred getting in the way, and she can only hope that they can always be this effortless. They won't, of course, but she can hope. They're an almost perfect fairytale with an imperfect princess and a flawed prince charming, but she's never really been the damsel in distress type anyway, and this unfairytale is more than enough for her."

I just loved that last paragraph. It really was perfect, and beautiful and I love the way you told this story. :') Just, beautiful. I may stalk your profile later to read more of your writing ;)