Reviews for Deep as the Sea
ReconstructWriter chapter 8 . 12/14/2017
Ryuugi,

First off I love your stuff. You’ve got excellent tone, writing style and a grasp for telling some incredibly good stories and your ability to handle crossovers is perhaps the best I’ve ever read! You do some really seamless integration.

And you do Percy Jackson and Dresden Files crossovers. You have no idea how much I love you for that.

Anyway, you said you got some flak in ‘Deep as the Sea’ for making Annabeth ‘pro accords’ which some people took to mean ‘pro monster’. A scene of Annabeth’s internal thoughts about the accords during a debate wouldn’t hurt, but I don’t think its necessary because pro accords isn't siding with the monsters, it's shifting the battle to another field—one where the demigods won’t instantly be wiped out by overwhelming numbers. She wants to fight monsters, preferably without dooming all demigods to a heroic last stand, and hey if she can fight them from a more cerebral battle-ground, all the better.

So far I also love the way you handle Percy being mostly invulnerable. He’s still going up against challenges like the champions of Winter and Summer and really old, powerful vampires, so that negates the advantage he has slightly. It keeps his fights interesting. You’re also moving these battles toward investigation and the political, for which Percy’s invulnerability is only a very minor advantage. So, kudos to you for writing the invulnerability well without de-powering Percy or making anyone else useless.

I also love how you write Percy in general. He might not be a genius and he’s got a different type of intelligence than Annabeth, but he’s far from stupid. You show him making some very quick and very good decisions in duels, in battle and even the political arena. In another story, Prytaneum, he even collects sea-shells and bottles of water before delving into the dungeons—showing a wider application of his powers and a decent grasp of preparation.

You also handle Percy’s powers the best of any writer I’ve read, including Rick Riordan himself. You look through the stories, figure out what all he can do and his limitations to define a baseline for his powers. Then you stick with that baseline, only letting it grow when Percy would realistically grow in power. The consistency is part of what makes your stories enjoyable to read. You don’t have those ‘but he can’t do that’ ‘but can’t he do that’ moments that yank a reader out of the story.

What I love most about your writing is your amazing grasp on Outsider POV—and the ways you subtly portray the demigods as inhuman. Rick Riordan really captures their humanity, but you explore the ways they really aren’t human—and how that would look through someone else’s eyes.

You also do a good job portraying his relationship with Annabeth—as a partner. While you obviously haven’t had much time to explore the romantic side, you do a wonderful job showing how they compliment each other, how they lead together and why even an invulnerable super-warrior desperately needs someone like Annabeth at his side.

You mesh the canons of both the Percy Jackson series and the Dresden Files fantastically well. It is totally believable that these two universes are one and the same. The intellectus, the powers and how their levels mesh, the function of the Mist in keeping the demigods separate from other mystical and magical creatures as well as the mortal world. Best twist to a ‘Mistless AU’ ever!

And, of course, you leave the last scene with one hell of a cliffhanger—formally introducing demigods to wizards. Daughter of Athena and Son of Poseidon. I love it! You are amazing at plot, at timing and at creating these mountains of tension and story-power. If I become half the writer you are, I’ll be thrilled!

Thank you so much for writing and posting these masterpieces!

ReconstructWriter
Guest chapter 8 . 11/2/2017
Haha, they should just put the Achilles curse on everyone. That way it'd be harder for them to get killed. :P I'm also eager to see Tana again. She was adorable. :3 Is Harry gonna come in eventually, too?

This story is really cool. I've enjoyed reading it so far. Can't wait to see what happens next! :D
brade1991 chapter 8 . 10/26/2017
Finish it!
speaker of babbel chapter 8 . 9/7/2017
You're killing us, you know that right?

Comon, you've got an update or two, right?

You've got too many open threads for me to see together, and I need them like the jade court needs chi
Bobboky chapter 8 . 8/7/2017
Very good job
LastManStanding616 chapter 8 . 8/3/2017
Interesting, waiting for more
edboy4926 chapter 8 . 6/15/2017
Awesome story.
Hope it continues.
aRTsyisAwesome chapter 8 . 5/31/2017
Why would Percy need a translator, I would think that he knew some Latin.
actresspdx chapter 1 . 5/17/2017
Whoop whoop, another reread!
Vi-Violence chapter 8 . 4/26/2017
Is this alive?
actresspdx chapter 7 . 9/22/2016
I don't know if you ever intend to continue this or your other works. You write both worlds very well, and you have a way with words that is admirable. I would recommend updating your profile, let us know if you have given up on anything. This story is amazing. Someday, I hope you or someone you entrust it to finishes it. Please, if you do adopt it out, let us know.
Have a good day,
actresspdx
Reymen chapter 3 . 9/15/2016
I like how they are feeling more comfortable talking with fairies then going to humans. Show how connected they are to the normal world
Guest chapter 8 . 8/25/2016
The lack of Harry is a sad thing, but this Young Adult who controls the Sea is snarky enough to tide me over.
RSegovia chapter 8 . 8/25/2016
It's fun to read a crossover story like this, but I'm nervous for Percy and Annabeth entering the complex and treacherous world of the White Council and the courts. I would like to read more of this story and eventually see the demigods meet Harry Dresden.
zachary2 chapter 8 . 8/3/2016
Nice. Any chance of you returning to this story?