Reviews for The Night Before Christmas
superkim111 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Final story commentary of the night:

Rusty is under arrest in England?!

So this is going to be one of those ‘remember what happened last night’ kind of stories. This should be interesting.

What about Rusty’s comment made the nurse act so negatively?

Is the nurse working on behalf of Danny? Is there going to be a message during the radio program?

There is a message! Ha! I knew it!

Basher tried to run into the burning building too! How sweet.

So that’s why Basher keeps apologizing! It was his charges that went off early and caused the building to burn while Rusty was still inside!

Don’t know why I enjoy the phrase ‘the smuggled diamonds would be back with Basher's smuggler friends’ so much. I think it has something to do with the ‘smuggler friends’ part though.

So it was an untried supplier who gave Bash the dud charges! I hope the boys really give it to him!

And the nurse is working with them. Way to go cousin Lisa!

I wonder what the other people in the hospital think of this very special Christmas broadcast?

So Basher’s real name is Eugene? For some reason I am not at all surprised.

So nurse Lisa is a doctor? I like her even more.

Aaawwww. Basher’s protective of his cousin. How sweet.

And yeah, I wouldn’t care which one of them was single either.

And yay for Jimmy Stewart other fanfic stories I’ve read references!

They’re going in through the wall?!

Octopi are very relevant! Pervy butler Aaron was an octopus! See, I remember this stuff.

I bet Danny asked Basher to walk him through it just because he knew it would calm Bash’s nerves.

Take-out and pudding fires sounds festive to me. Even if I did have to look up what a pud was.
Lucretia chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
Well, why not? Or Hortensia. Was a close run thing.

And smiling. Happily. Feel all spoiled.

Giggling for Rusty's startling thoughts on the Queen's viewing habits. Suspect she would not be amused but I am. And sigh for the injuries and the memory blank and the Dannyworry. Always.

I like Lisa throughout this. Competent and confident and I'm smiling for the Basherism that first makes Rusty stop and think. And can see Rusty's face when he hears Danny's voice on the radio. Definitely a WTF moment.

Feel so sorry for Basher. So much guilt. And Danny wouldn't blame him but it wouldn't be alright for either of them until Rusty's back.

Love using the hospital radio to communicate and giggling for Danny's automatic retreat from technology as much as for Basher's confident "Oh, yes" before he promptly hits the wrong switch. And an abashed Basher is still lovely wordplay.

There's so much to giggle at in this fic. And Lisa's X-rated chastisement of Basher always makes me smile. Like the beginning of O12 in the recording studio but without the bleeps. And I adore this exchange:

Lisa sighed happily. "He single?"

Basher glanced at her. "Which one?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Do I look bothered?"

Laughing for Basher's suspicious "Did you touch anything?" Oh, Danny comes with reputation. Mind you, so does Basher.

No, no way that Rusty won't get the message. Danny doesn't even have to play the record backwards. And something I really love in this is that even with the separation from Rusty, even with all his focus on the plan, Danny is Danny. He can see that Basher is self-doubting and he gets him to talk not to out *his* mind at ease but to put *Basher's* mind at ease. Least that's the way I read it. Back on the horse again and Danny's helping him up. Sudden giggle for M&V.

Happy ending. Like those. And of course Rusty's hidden the present in a place he wouldn't think to because Danny would be able to work it out otherwise.

And smiling for the Chinese takeaway number and the fire extinguisher. It really is going to be a great Christmas. :)
Stina Whatever chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
This was really nice, and cute, and I like the precautions that Rusty take against BAsher cooking, with Danny's help
light at last chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Danny and Rusty and Basher should not be allowed to hang out together by themselves. Basher is about as crazy as they are, and it probably never goes very well, as in this case. Also, you broke Rusty again, which isn't very nice. I like Bash's cousin Lisa quite a bit, especially her horror at starting to sound like Frank.
ParisAmy chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
This was great!

Really made me laugh :)
InSilva chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I love my present. :) And after this insanity of fic writing - whose idea was it again? - you'll have a proper review. But right now, I want to tell you this is wonderful. :)