Reviews for THIEF
Lunahras chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
"...maybe 'BEN'"
you scared me half to death with that, you shameless, talented author
Benjamin Vesta chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
I do love random one-shots. The fourth wall break was actually spectacular if I do say so myself. Very good sophisticated Zelda humor.
ThePredicate chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
...YES. OMG YES.
my aesthetic is peanut butter chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
this guy scares me so much. I was too terrified to steal from him...
Screen chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Ha Ha. This is awesome. LA is my favorite Zelda game ever. I would love stealing from the shop. I never actually got the alternate ending. I always thought that it was hilarious when you go back into the store, and the boss music starts playing.
Moon White Rose chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
Loved this, it made me laugh! Good work!
Shenron I wish for a cabbage chapter 1 . 1/30/2012
I love this story! The BEN part had me laughing, I know you can steal, but does the shop-owner actually say that?
Sheikan Laguz chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
Haha, I stole the bow too! I did it without knowing the shopkeeper would kill me and my name turned into thief though! Ah, fun times... Great story by the way! It's definitely going on my favorites!
Crystal114 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
LE GASP BEN!

LA in the only zelda game i havent played yet put is fixed on getting it however i can.

Wish I didn't fail at making one-shots, i can only make chapter stories.
Foxpilot chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
It was only much later, after the Battle of the Wind Fish, did THIEF realize that his new name was the least of his worries. he would remember the shopkeeper with an odd fondness until death.

An unexpected piece that expands well on the consequences of stealing in LA. I rather like this piece, actually-you balanced description, narration, and dialogue rather well, with few to non typing mistakes. The details bring the story to life while remaining essentially true to the game, and the fourth wall humor was well-integrated, a task that can be difficult to handle.

There are two things I'd like to discuss, though. First is the extensive parenthesized message in the middle of the story. Such a notation could have been saved for the end of the story or left out entirely, which would have cut out that bump in an otherwise-smooth story. Second, the shopkeeper became rather cliche and hammy at the end, which is a shame because he was doing so well before.

I'll confess to never trying to steal from the shop. The first time I played, I didn't know you could. The second time, I was going for the secret ending. (Thank you 3DS save states, haha.)