Reviews for Oh Come All Ye Faithful: A Safehold Vignette
good job!
Tom Monaghan chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Outstanding!
mbushroe chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Nice. Brings tears to my eyes. I would rate it as good, but not great.

On the technical side, I believe that Mr. Weber spells the Emperor's name Cayleb. There are also many religions in Owl's data base. Christianity is the largest umbrella group in the United Stated and Western Europe, but not the largest in the world. If they are recreating that as part of the gift to Nimue, I would have liked to see a comment dropped in somewhere that it was chosen for that reason. And the line with doubt and faith seems a bit off, especially from Maikel. I would think that doubt makes faith harder, not stronger. However, faith without doubt leads to blind fanaticism. But doubt would make each decision based on faith that much harder. I think what you may have been try for was that acting on faith even with doubt shows the faith is so much stronger. Perhaps a better wording would be ", for without doubt faith may lead to blind fanaticism and that could make you a danger to us all. But acting on faith even with doubt shows the faith to be stronger still". I might also have slightly changed his earlier statement that Merlin brought no simple objects to offer, but given something far more precious than mere baubles.

And to soften the blow of the above comments, thank you for writing that for us!

Mike
mountainman91 chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Yes! So glad to see Safehold series is finally a category, and very, very glad to see a gifted writer poignantly exploring an aspect of the series somewhat neglected. You have touched my heart. Well done!
Sil Arion chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Wow! Nice little vignette, and of one of my favorite book series ever! Thanks for writing this!
Korraganitar the NightShadow chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
I know you likely posted this not expecting any reviews, and i am greatful. This is an excellent one-shot in one of my favorite series, and it deserves to be read by more people than are likely to do so thanks to the fact that Weber's stuff is not common on this site. Great job!

~Korrag