Reviews for Over The Edge
mdpc chapter 4 . 5/7
Loved the "inner Chet" part and the part about Chet
being his Lamaze partner! So funny.
xavionite chapter 13 . 12/25/2014
Hi. You've got a great story going here and I have enjoyed reading it. I noticed it has been several months since you updated, so I thought I'd encourage you to continue. Yes, Roy has been rescued, but it would be great to see you bring it to a conclusion. Thanks for a good read!
Enfleurage chapter 13 . 8/9/2014
So many things to love about this chapter but my favorites were Dixie reining Johnny in, gently and with humor, and the description of Gage and DeSoto being the crabgrass in each other's life, which perfectly captures how they poke at each other and expose each other's weaknesses or foibles, and yet do that with good natured humor and in friendship.

I also loved the details that you seed in your story that creates the feeling of time and place, especailly Eunice's TV's rabbit ears and the difficulty in getting a signal, as well as the plastic covers on her furniture. I remember (!) older relatives who had those, and I can hear the creak of the plastic covers. It really placed the story solidly in the decade where it is set. Another wonderful chapter in a superior story.
Shirley Jean chapter 13 . 8/2/2014
What?! Eunice has a heart? Couldn't be... :o)
storyweaver60 chapter 13 . 7/26/2014
Very well done. I was drawn in and wanted to know how it ended.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/25/2014
Great to see an update on this story, glad you haven't forgotten about it. Good job!
Bamboozlepig chapter 13 . 7/24/2014
Loved the crabgrass line, but I loved Eunice's "eureka" moment even more. She's finally realized that while Roy was not the man she would've chosen for Jo to marry, he's still a good father and husband, and Jo loves him very much. She's also realized that by being distant to her grandchildren now, the older they get, the more they will feel alienated from her, and she will not have much of a relationship with them as they grow up. She's right in taking the first step in trying to tear down those walls she's erected, maybe over time she will see what a true gem Roy really is.
Heather chapter 13 . 7/23/2014
I loved the part about Johnny and Roy being the crabgrass in each others lawn of life. It is PERFECT description of their friendship. I just finished reading this story for the first time this afternoon and think you're doing a fantastic job with keeping the characters in tune with how they were on the show.
KayEn78 chapter 13 . 7/23/2014
It was wonderful to see the update in my Inbox this morning. Enjoyed this! I hope there won't be such a gap in between this and the next update. Nicely done! :)
SaraiEsq chapter 13 . 7/23/2014
(claps wildly) Bravo! Bravo!
Piscean6724 chapter 13 . 7/23/2014
I'm so glad you updated. This was wonderful!
kathyb9760 chapter 12 . 2/11/2013
I like this story a lot! Hope it's not over yet!
GageDeSotoFan chapter 12 . 2/9/2013
Really enjoyed this story so far. Look forward to finishing it. Thanks for the great read.
Bamboozlepig chapter 12 . 1/12/2013
What an excellent chapter! Love the bit about the fan club and of course you know I always enjoy how you write Roy and Jo's relationship, it's a very healthy, loving, respectful, and nurturing one. Let's hope sun-roasted Roy is on the way to recovery.
Ariane Rivendell chapter 12 . 1/12/2013
Fantastic chapter. Everything about this was spot-on perfect - the characterizations of the Rampart staff and the A-shift crew of Station 51 at finally hearing the news.

In particular, I really enjoyed the characterization of Roy's parents - it's clear where Roy gets his even temperament. Really loved the interaction of Johnny and Roy at Rampart - so perfectly in character and adored the tender moments of Roy and Joanne at the end.

The amount of tension and emotion was masterfully balanced. I honestly cannot think of another piece - chapter or story - that so so perfectly and deftly portrayed the emotion. There was neither too much nor too little. It was actually very "Roy". :-)

Very very well done!