Reviews for Eight Death Eater Christmases
alyssialui chapter 8 . 5/10
Haha this was the best one. I like the idea of the Lestranges and Snape having to spend a Christmas together. Poor Narcissa's cooking skills and then Snape and Bella having to do the stew. And then even the fact that Bella's chess pieces are so violent they like to play with actual knives.
That was a very thoughtful gift from Lucius, reuniting father and son. They both seemed to have wanted to see each other for a long time.
Great series filled with humor and even feels. Nice to see DEs as people as well who enjoy spending time with friends and family.
alyssialui chapter 7 . 5/10
Haha I hadn't even realized we had found Nott until Malfoy came up upon them. I've been waiting for this for so long, though I still have to wait to find out what for.
I love how the only thing Lucius can say is "You have no idea", and his recount of his travels including the Carrows' mother, the pink ribbons, the closets and Yaxley huge family. And then I like the comment about Avery being old enough to be Lucius' father, possibly even friends with Lucius' father. Way to stick to canon ages, though I didn't know Dolohov was close to his age as well.
Nice chapter.
Vivian chapter 1 . 4/27
I love this! My fav is the first one. 3
alyssialui chapter 6 . 4/16
I love Mulciber's boyish personality. The little whining and cluelessness can be annoying but it seems that Avery has a weak spot for him. I liked the way that Avery "tricked" him into following him to the market and the comments about his inadequacies to get anything edible. The mention of the captivating Christmas lights was nice as well.
Lucius is still hell-bent on finding Nott. Mulciber should have been a bit more careful but I guess his folly allowed Lucius to have a conversation before Avery apparated the two of them away.
Nice chapter.
alyssialui chapter 5 . 4/15
Awww this was sweet actually. And it didn't focus as much on Lucius' hunt for Nott (though I still can't figure out why he needs the man so bad). The brothers' banter was nice. Octavius is justly angry with Augustus for scaring him to death and I love Augustus' easy-going attitude. The line about breaking out Azkaban because of Azkaban was funny. Great job with this.
alyssialui chapter 4 . 2/20
The Carrows family life is very interesting. I like the Carrows' mother's reaction to the handsome DE in her window (Lucius is attractive isn't he). I bet she hoped her daughter had found someone but alas, Lucius is married. It's interesting that their mother would remarry a half-blood. And I'm surprised he think he can order them around if their both adults (unless they aren't. The books never specified the Carrows' ages around this time). Still not sure why Lucius wants to see Nott so badly (so much so that he's going to apparate to new countries).
Nightmare Prince chapter 1 . 2/18
Hey

What I like about this story is that you're categorising the Death Eaters as regular humans, especially in terms of playing poker, having friends and just being amicable. I like the entire Poker theme of this play, it lends a sense of camaraderie to this whole friendship vibe that just makes everything seem a lot more real.

Moving on, I find that your use of Walden killing a rat to be particurarly poignant, especially because of Wormtails animagus form, which I'm assuming the Death Eaters know nothing about.

Overall, this was a very entertaining one-shot.

-Ciao Mate
Summer Leigh Wind chapter 3 . 2/16
Wow. So wouldn't want to be apart of this family, that's for sure.

Presentations at Christmas? Yikes. I get the feeling poor Phobos is never going to be as good as his siblings, it's probably best the Death-Eaters lost then...

Anyway, this was really quite entertaining and I like how Lucius came in and sort of crashed the party. The quips they threw at each other were fun to read and I like how Lucius didn't look too successful when he left empty handed, it sort of shows he's not as good as he probably feels he is.
JadedEpiphany chapter 8 . 2/6
I really liked this but then again, I am biased...anything with Bellatrix in it will turn my head in a sense. But I love Draco in this too...he's so perfectly manipulative with the chess game that I almost feel bad for Theo. I did wonder why they were preparing dinner themselves but then I remembered that there was no Dobby and perhaps finding replacement help especially when harboring fugitives would be quite difficult though to say it's quite comical to even fathom Narcissa Malfoy in the kitchen is an understatement and good on you to add that the roast was burnt as a result. The end was lovely too - as lovely as can be with Death Eaters that have escaped Azkaban enjoying a family holiday together of course - and the fact that Theo got to see his father brought a smile to my face. All in all, good job!

-JadedEpiphany
alyssialui chapter 3 . 12/17/2014
This was kind of cute. I love the little interaction between Yaxley and Lucius, the past right-hand man and the current. I also love how cute Phobos seems, and all the names of Yaxley's large family.
You got their pureblood superior complex spot on and poor Phobos who now has to think something not by blood-traitors (the Weasley twins are so much better than you'll ever be, Yaxley.)
Great job with another Christmas gathering and I still don't know why Lucius wants Nott so bad, but now I know he's having his own Christmas party (that Peter, Macnair, Rowle and Gibbon are not invited to)
alyssialui chapter 2 . 12/8/2014
Haha hilarious. I love Gibbon on ribbons (that rhymed) and the closet comment that only Gibbon got. I love Rowle's innocent daughter and was so surprised that Rowle is able to keep his Death Eater business a secret for so long. And then Lucius is just like "I'm getting out of here as soon as possible"
I love that you pair Death Eaters together that aren't usually paired and give them such unique, human and less bloodthirsty personalities. You remind us that they have normal family lives too, especially at Christmas time. Great job with this chapter.
sfox88 chapter 8 . 12/8/2014
So sweet. Lucky Nott and other Nott. What's with Draco, though? And why is Lucius so nice? You did do really well with showing who he wanted to see, though.
alyssialui chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
This was very good and I love your characterization. I'm always looking around for people's opinions on Macnair and yours is good - has his own opinion, doesn't really care about others' but he isn't stupid or foolish, kinda ruthless (shoot first, ask questions later). Really good.
I also like Peter (which I hardly do). He seems almost human and you showed his daring side as well as the cowardly one.
I also like the line about "They were some friends". They were great friends, Peter, and you know it.
I don't know why Peter is in Snape's house though, or why Macnair decided to look for him, or why Lucius did (or why he's looking for Nott and decided to check Snape's first). That part is a little strange.
But this was great and now I'm off to read the other chapters.
long live marshmallows chapter 8 . 11/25/2014
For some reason I got the impression that Draco and Theo were about 8 or 10, really adordable xD. Still really nice!
2sidedstoryteller29995 chapter 8 . 11/22/2014
Merry Christmas indeed. Thanks for sharing!