Reviews for Eight Death Eater Christmases
Krakors chapter 8 . 7/1
Ah fuck. This is perfect, I feel like such a big softie. Everything had the perfect balance of funny and heartfelt. And even though we could see the ending from a mile away, it hit hard all the same.
Raven of the Shadows chapter 8 . 12/19/2016
*wipes a tear off* I can't believe after all that hilarity, it would end at such a note. But seriously. That was beautiful!
I really loved how you portrayed Draco, and the way Theo gives in to Draco's subtle wishes. The other characters were well written, and of course a pureblood woman won't know how to cook. That's a job for house elves, yes?
As for whole collection: your SPaG was pretty good, with just a couple of issues here and there. And though I guessed what was going to happen in the end when I read Theo's name, it was still a wonderful collection. I loved what Lucius did.
This was a really, really, really wonderful story!
Raven of the Shadows chapter 7 . 12/19/2016
["I've searched three separate countries, almost been set on fire, been shoved into no fewer than two closets, been hit on by the Carrows' mother,had to defend my hair against sparkly pink ribbons, and meet all of Yaxley's family—do you know how much family that man has?—just to find you."] - Dear God, am I really going to die laughing?
Compared to the other chapters, this one did not really catch that much of my attention. But it was well written, and I liked it!
Raven of the Shadows chapter 6 . 12/19/2016
I TOTALLY LOVED HOW THIS STORY STARTED!
Erm, is it sane to want to cuddle with a Death Eater and pinch his cheeks? That's kinda what I'm feeling about Mulciber right now. I really loved the way you wrote both the characters, and I actually forgot all about Lucius for a while.
And Mulciber! Gods, can I adopt Mulciber? Pretty please?
Really, a great work with the fic!
Raven of the Shadows chapter 5 . 12/19/2016
Gods! This was amazing.
I really, really loved your characterisation. And that [I'll scare you away with my bad German grammar]. I could have died laughing! XD
[polishing a snitch] - You know, snitches are never touched before an actual match occurs, because they have flesh memories. :)
You did a great job with the words here, and I really liked the story.
P.S. POOR LUCIUS!
Raven of the Shadows chapter 4 . 12/19/2016
[Looking into your kitchen window, apparently] - LOVED THIS!
Ahaha, I'm pitying Lucius more and more. Never thought this day would arrive! xD
I really like the way you're putting tiny glimpses into the lives of Death Eaters. I can honestly say I'm enjoying this.
I really liked your characterisation of Alecto's mother. Joe was fine, but didn't catch as much attention. (After all, when you have this spooky woman in 60's who stares out of the window and apparently keeps a record of handsome men from the newspaper, other characters seem rather pale! :p)
Amazing story!
Raven of the Shadows chapter 3 . 12/19/2016
Oh my! I'm loving this! XD
I think it is a wonderful idea how the Death Eaters ask their kids why they're proud to be purebloods. I'm finding your plots creative, and banters have been written very well.
Poor Lucius! I feel for him. It is Christmas and he's wandering from one place to other in search of Nott.
And I totally LOVE Phobos! The Weasley twins reference was gold! And Honeydukes? xD

Awesome job here!
Raven of the Shadows chapter 2 . 12/19/2016
Kids below five are amazing, aren't they? They don't care you're a Death Eater or not. They do what they want!
I like your way with the words, but I thought the how you explained floo foyer was a bit flat.
[I want to do his hair next!] OH MY GOD! This is priceless! xD
I enjoyed the banter between the three men, though I was wondering how in the name of Merlin was Flora silent for that long. She doesn't sound like a quiet kid, and kids don't let adults talk without including their thoughts. (Speaking from experience)
Heh, I like how Thorfinn and Dmitri hide facts from Persephone. And I totally love Flora!

This was a wonderful one-shot!
Raven of the Shadows chapter 1 . 12/19/2016
Hello there!
I don't know if it was just me, but as soon I got this was Snape's house, my mind created a dark and dingy, and more than a bit spooky, place. I think this was a wonderfully worded story. Also, though not totally perfect, you had a good hold at SPaG.
Peter and Macnair gambling Snape's possessions cracked me up, and I was kinda waiting for Snape to jump out of a closet xD!
Their... scary... humour was interesting. Also, I felt a bit bad for Macnair when he told Lucius Jugson was dead. Death Eater or no, Christmas deaths are not good. But well, you don't know what happens in real (reel) life. :(
I liked this fic!

Happy Writing!
public static void chapter 1 . 12/19/2016
Lately, I've been liking Peter more and more, and reading a story where he's not with the marauders is very refreshing because I think their treatment of Peter makes the writers *write him* as comic relief. This is why I love Peter here; you had him remember his friends with seriousness and recognition of what he had with them. Also, you wrote him sticking up for himself against a "bigger threat" without coming off as a stupid person.
I like that Macnair has his own personality here; he has an opinion many (in their world) might think unsuitable because of his liking to the muggle cards. The reference to Judson was sad. I really feel sad for Macnair and how he misses his friend. It is strange to have Lucius not knowing Jugson's dead, because it adds to Macnair's grief in a way that says they don't really talk to each other while still working together.
The little reunion at Spinner's End, in general, is great! It gives an air of camaraderie between all of them.
whitetiger91 chapter 8 . 4/30/2016
I absolutely adored this chapter! The ending was so sweet, and I laughed at Draco's slightly childish antics at having his way with chess. The nod to Bellatrix's knife-loving chess piece was great too. Excellent work!
alyssialui chapter 8 . 5/10/2015
Haha this was the best one. I like the idea of the Lestranges and Snape having to spend a Christmas together. Poor Narcissa's cooking skills and then Snape and Bella having to do the stew. And then even the fact that Bella's chess pieces are so violent they like to play with actual knives.
That was a very thoughtful gift from Lucius, reuniting father and son. They both seemed to have wanted to see each other for a long time.
Great series filled with humor and even feels. Nice to see DEs as people as well who enjoy spending time with friends and family.
alyssialui chapter 7 . 5/10/2015
Haha I hadn't even realized we had found Nott until Malfoy came up upon them. I've been waiting for this for so long, though I still have to wait to find out what for.
I love how the only thing Lucius can say is "You have no idea", and his recount of his travels including the Carrows' mother, the pink ribbons, the closets and Yaxley huge family. And then I like the comment about Avery being old enough to be Lucius' father, possibly even friends with Lucius' father. Way to stick to canon ages, though I didn't know Dolohov was close to his age as well.
Nice chapter.
Vivian chapter 1 . 4/27/2015
I love this! My fav is the first one. 3
alyssialui chapter 6 . 4/16/2015
I love Mulciber's boyish personality. The little whining and cluelessness can be annoying but it seems that Avery has a weak spot for him. I liked the way that Avery "tricked" him into following him to the market and the comments about his inadequacies to get anything edible. The mention of the captivating Christmas lights was nice as well.
Lucius is still hell-bent on finding Nott. Mulciber should have been a bit more careful but I guess his folly allowed Lucius to have a conversation before Avery apparated the two of them away.
Nice chapter.